It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Street Names

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm sure all of us have been out and seen a street sign who's name made us LOL at the thought of living there.
So I'm curious as to what names you have seen in your hometown, city, or while traveling.

In my city, the streets are named basically by location. One area is all named after trees, another by Characters and places from Robin hood. I kid you not..we have Nottingham street..
Now the funny one.
Not sure who's daft idea this was..but there are two streets, which intersect, and the cab drivers always get a laugh when they need to pickup or drop off here..
Street #1 is EXITER
Street#2 is REAR
Pickup or drop off at EXITER REAR.
NASTY!

Off course our strip of bars and taverns..is on WILD street.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
"DRUNKARD Rd" in a small Indiana town.

Rush

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

We got a Drunken Bridge Hill near here :w: it's a steep, in parts, lane - and trust me, if you happened to be drunk driving a horse and cart down this particular lane you would kill your self, and the horses, and the by-standers! It would of been a treacherous route before it was tarmac'd (I live in a medieval town BTW) and it would of also been quite well used.

It's very aptly named, and I've no doubt there has been more than a couple tragedies over the centuries.

Edit: Forgot to mention... It's haunted

[edit on 9/12/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
We've got one here in town named Cemetary Road.
The street runs up, through, and around the town cemetary.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Not a street name, but funny anyway.
This is no joke and you may have seen it before, but this sign is near were I am.

There is also a "Gay Bowers Lane" vandals often piant over the "wer" with white paint and replace with a "Y"

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Chukkles]

top topics

join