It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bed swapped in the middle of the night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hi guys and girls.... This is my 1st thread so go easy

Anyway i want to recall 2 experiences i had when i was young. Maybe someone could shed some light on these but as im of open mind i want to ask you guys in the gray area.

Ok 1st one was when i was about 10 or 11 and my step-brother came to stay for the weekend. When he used to come being the eldest and us sharing a room he would sleep in the bed and myself on a mattress on the floor. Same this night i remember going to sleep on the floor curled up next to the heater and my bro in the bed.
The next morning when i woke up HE WAS ON THE FLOOR and I WAS IN THE BED, I remember freaking out as i was 100% sure i did not wake up in the night and slept perfectly. I asked him and he had no idea and shrugged it off and it was never mentioned again. I forgot all about it till a few years later when i read of an abduction account where a family where all placed in the wrong rooms upon being dropped off by "them".

The second was in our new home and i remember getting in to bed for sleep (not sleepy just another school night). I opened my curtains to look at the stars out the window next to my bed then..... BLINK..... Morning! Literally a blink of the eye, no sleep, no feeling of falling asleep, no normal morning drowsy just a blink and i was curled up in the same position staring out of the window but this time no stars or dark sky just sunshine and tweeting birds.

I know these arnt the most exciting things to happen but any explanation would be most welcome paranormal or not. I have never slept walked so that isnt an option in the fisrt incident.

Iv had experiences of terrifying Sleep Paralysis involving ugly faces and beings whicjh when happend felt alien like but i was able to "wiggle myself awake" in my bed so thats why im sure it was SP.

Thanks in advance for your reply's guys and girls!!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
1st of all, stay in school.

2nd of all, how do you know that you never sleep walked?!

I didn't think I talked in my sleep until a friend played a tape
of me. Sometimes I would walk as well, all the time I didn't
think it was true till I was showed a tape.

Your second experience could just be sleep paralysis.
I get it about 4 nights a week. I feeel like I am
wide awake, someone pushing down on me. Outlines of
people, possible shadows, voices sometimes.

I have been to sleep studies at local colleges and that is
probably what you are experiencing. It's cool to think you
have been abducted, but chances are it's night terrors or
sleep paralysis.

I will be honest I love the experience and look forward to
them. Very strange and surreal.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Dude im 32 years old now... Lol this was like late 80's early 90's.

I know i dont sleep walk as my wife of 15 years would be chewing my ear off for sure!

Do i think its alien agenda? No i dont as apart from those experiences iv never had thought or concern.

But yes that 2nd 1 may be sleep paralysis but i never heard of SP speeding time up to within a second but i dont know every case and if its true i would be very relieved.

Im glad u look-forward to SP....lol its scary sometimes but when you know its happening it releaves the fear. Thanks for the reply and good to meet u!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

I will be honest I love the experience and look forward to
them. Very strange and surreal.

No way, i thought i was the only weird one that likes it. Although sometimes it is a bit too freaky and i have to struggle free of it to wake up - you know your dreaming but you are also awake within it. I usually find that it happens if im asleep on my back and unless i turn over onto my side i fall straight back into it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Talking of sleep paralysis I think they're cool. I experienced a monster like the cloverfield monster picking up the house and throwing it about. It's funny as it was about to eat me I realised it was a waking dream, i.e. sleep paralysis and managed to shake myself awake. Although the noise the creature made was a wierd clicking sound, and I thought I heard that same sound when I was finally awake, and it freaked the hell out of me. The noise went away and I never heard it again. Must have been the same noise I heard as when I was experiencing the sleep paralysis, but I never discovered what it was. Maybe just something from outside. Definitely not aliens though, lol. If I was abducted by aliens I would try and communicate with them, and not be scared. Nah not really, I'd be crapping myself!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Once long ago I also went to bed and what felt like 5 mins later woke up with no grogginess and early morning. Any one heard of that or have an explanation?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dangleb3rry
i never heard of SP speeding time up to within a second but i dont know every case and if its true i would be very relieved.

I've never heard that about SP either. I hope an expert comes along and sheds some light on that, because it happened to me too. Like you, this happened to me when I was young. I was probably about 4 or 5 at the time, and it was the mid 80's. That part could be coincidence, but I thought I'd throw that info in there. I remember lying in bed while looking out the window. If I recall correctly, I wasn't tired either. I simply blinked, and BAM! It was friggin' morning.

My conclusion: I had magic powers. I guess that's a logical explanation for someone who's only a few years old.

I also had a similar experience of waking up in a different spot than where I went to sleep at around the same time of my blinking incident. I went to sleep in my bedrom and woke up in a different room. My memory is a little fuzzier on this one, probably because I just assumed there was a simple explanation, so my mind didn't put much effort into remembering. I could have woken up in another room on the same floor, but I'm pretty sure I woke up in the attic. I think at the time I just assumed I had sleepwalked.

I don't recall ever really having Sleep Paralysis. At least a couple of times I awoke and could still hear my dreams for a few seconds, but I don't recall not being able to move.

It's always a little freaky reading a thread about strange similar experiences. This is like the radio in my head thread all over again for me.

join