It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 suspects ask to make 'confessions' at Gitmo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

9/11 suspects ask to make 'confessions' at Gitmo

hosted.ap.org

The alleged mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks and four co-defendants told a military judge Monday they want to immediately confess at their war-crimes tribunal, setting up likely guilty pleas and their possible executions. ...
Mohammed and another defendant have said they would welcome execution as a path to martyrdom, but the announcement came as a shock to some of the victims' families.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
english.aljazeera.net

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The five said they decided on Nov. 4, the day President-elect Barack Obama was elected to the White House, to abandon all defenses against the capital charges. It was as if they wanted to rush toward convictions before the inauguration of Obama, who has vowed to end the war-crimes trials and close Guantanamo.

Upon first glance, this seems like a surprise. All five defendants face the death penalty if they are convicted of these crimes.

And the idea that they all made their decision on Election Day is especially unusual.

According to a report from Al Jazeera, alleged mastermind Khalid-Sheikh Mohammed told the judge,

"We don't want to waste time," he told the judge, speaking in English, adding that "I am not trusting any Americans"

How does this development fit into the reality of the Nine Eleven Event? Your thoughts and ideas are welcome.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
here you go.

This is not a one liner..

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

I was just copying the link to this thread when I saw your post. My bad.

Mods:

top topics

join