It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Don't Stock Up on Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Obama: Don't Stock up on Guns

www.suntimes.com

As gun sales shoot up around the country, President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up before he is sworn in next month. "I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment," Obama said at a news conference. "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word."

But National Rifle Association ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-12-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

[edit: clipped quoted content to character limit]

[edit on 8-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
LOL-So he is obviously AWARE of the populace taking measures into their own hands.

But my question is, if he is not going to institute anti-firearm measures (as his past track record has shown), then why the need to even TELL people not to stock up?

Hmmm...

While we've got the "food cards for your guns" campaigns going on like hotcakes, and the job sector decimated, along with more people becoming homeless by the tens of thousands each day, and the ruling class cashing in on it all, this sounds like an attempt to keep people pacified to me...

www.suntimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

join