It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama pledges not to smoke in White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Obama pledges not to smoke in White House

hosted.ap.org

Barack Obama says you won't catch him lighting up a cigarette in the smoke-free White House.

... Obama said in that interview that he had bummed a cigarette a couple of times during the campaign. "But I figure, seeing as I'm running for president, I need to cut myself a little slack," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So why couldn't that be his first presidential Executive Order: Smoking ban in White House revoked.

I mean after all, he's pres, and it's his house for 4 years, at least. Does he have to ban smoking in his own house(s) too?

And there would be no reason he shouldn't insist that Dick Cheney clean it once a week. That'd be better than hiring an illegal alien to do it, and will cost more. But hey, here come the big spenders.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
he may not light up any ciggs but i guarantee you that he sparks up a couple cohibas or something when he is entertaining certain guests.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The smoking ban is ridiculous! FDR smoked--he used a cigarette holder and was often photographed with it. I believe Truman also smoked. Jacqueline Kennedy smoked and I think (I'm not positive) JFK did too. Bill Clinton smoked cigars.

Maybe it's just Democrats that smoke?

The smoking ban must have been put in place by the Bushes. Well, it won't be the first Bush directive Obama will reverse.

Light up, Barack!

top topics

join