It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magic of Numerology

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This has got me stumped. I just don't get how this works. A while back i watched the number 23 with Jim Carey and in the little bonus stuff i ran into a numerology reading, i put my name and my birth day in and surly enough everything was dead on perfect about me. For those that dont know, A numerology reading makes you put in your name and your birth date and gives you what type of person you are, what you stand for, what your against, how you are with people and more. Unfortunately the one on the dvd was fairly small and didnt show much, but was still perfect. So i went ahead and did a quick search online and found myself this site.

affinitynumerology.com...

This really scared me. I did the same thing as i did on the dvd and got the exact same results but in extensive detail. and yet again, it was perfectly dead on.

Now i do realize that this may work because im piecing all the events in my life and placing them into a generalized catagory, meaning that its more probable that the answers that they give me are going to be most likely correct than wrong. But! I did it with a friend as well and got the exact same reaction. i did it with more than one test and got the same information in different words and so on.

And now for the really really scare thing. I was adopted and born with a different name that i have now. So i tested out what i would have been like if i had kept my original name. I did, and got the exact same information as i did with my name now. so i thought "ok maybe its just cause the birth date is the same" so i put in some random name (i used Jeremy Shawn for no reason) and got completely different information even with the same birth date.

So im wondering how this is possible? What makes this work?

[edit on 7/12/08 by Ghost147]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wow, I have to say, my reading was very close to how I view myself and my life. I know these tend to be broad, and easy for someone to make sense out of just about anything, but seriously. I have to say I am very happy about it though, and gives me great confidence for the year to come. It looks like I might be getting married =) The crazy thing is I just met the most amazing woman I have ever met, and I am madly in love with her. I am convinced we are soul mates, but that is a whole different story in itself.

Thanks for the link!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
no problem! and good luck!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hmm, didn't seem accurate at all for me.

I know they're basically general figures based on how people grow up in varied months of the year. For example, being born in the summer could result in you being more of an outgoing person because you can go out on your birthday, or being born in september changes the way you act due to being one of the oldest in your school year growing up. These are just my random opinions, so no facts here... but it is interesting how different people can be due to the month they were born in.

I read somewhere once that a lot of children born in september/october months turn out to be attention seekers, which could be due to their parents drunken mistake while celebrating the new year...

Who knows, but like I said, a lot of little things can make a big difference to the way you grow up.

That being said, my reading was way off. It read I was outgoing and organized. Hmm, can't really say that about myself. Also said "You can seem to view life too seriously, especially when your emotions dwell on the negative."

Isn't this what everyone does?

Nah, too general for my liking. The only thing I really agreed with was that it said I was attractive... Oh yeah

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
crap that was somewhat close.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4demon
That being said, my reading was way off. It read I was outgoing and organized. Hmm, can't really say that about myself. Also said "You can seem to view life too seriously, especially when your emotions dwell on the negative."

Isn't this what everyone does?

Nah, too general for my liking.

Actually i dont take life that seriously at all, and i have a completely different view on negative events than whats said in your quote. i understand what your saying though. By the way, did you just put in your first name? or your first name and last name? or your first name, middle name, and last name?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well, it was BANG on for me, I think in total of all the paragraphs it missed a few setences and thats it, mainly about me keeping an amazing home. My house is a mess, cause I got so much stuff going on all the time.

But other than that, it was bang out. It was practically as if I wrote about myself and now discovered it at a later time. It just fits so perfect.

I think entered a friends details just to see what it would say about him, his was mostly accurate but it didn't expand on some details which are huge in life (how he is with his family). And since he wasn't here to verify the spiritual areas and ways that he thinks, I am not sure how accurate it was.

Interesting find tho.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I did mine. The 'reading' was full of vague statements that contradict each other if one inspects them too hard. Here are a few examples from my reading:

As a dreamer and visionary, you desire others to know the necessity of living true to ideals.

Your destiny is leadership. Your originality and your initiative can put you in a place of authority or leadership during your lifetime.

Crowds and audiences appeal to you. You are passionately independent.

Yes, those two sentences turned up in tandem!

How people can believe this bathetic nonsense beats me.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
A previous girlfriend who studied psychology got me to draw several random objects. She then took those drawings and began to 'study' what I'd done, writing furiously. She then gave me 30 statements back that were literally spot on. Then I realised that she'd copied those statements from a master document that had no relationship to the shapes I'd drawn.

The conclusion:

There are certain statements that almost 100% of people will feel describes themselves. These statements are exactly what your getting out of any online numerology. In fact, whats it called numerology for then basing it on your birthday? Isnt that Astrology?

Basically I think its bollocks!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
yes i've stated that aswell, but if that were the case all the time they would use the same paragraphs all the time. I did it with a different name and came up with something that is completely wrong. and nearly all my 10 friends that i've done this with also had different answers that wouldnt fit for me.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I did one for Adolf Hitler, let's see what kind of a go-getter he is!

Your path to holds frequent change, variety, travel, and the unexpected with a thorough mingling among humanity. You will grow by adapting yourself to change and uncertainty. Crowds and audiences appeal to you. You are passionately independent. You experience restlessness or impatience when things move along too slowly or when constant repetition becomes monotonous.

You envision yourself as the Executive Director and/or on the Board of Directors of many large, international companies. Your suite of offices is expansive, with dedicated staff sufficient to do business on the enormous scale that you do.

Your thoughts and pleasure are of vibrant businesses with you as the executive and your professional staff taking care of the details.

You are the peacemaker, one of life's mediators. This is your destiny, your fulfillment. You can perfect your powers of persuasion, diplomatic skills, and consideration for others. These are your tools. You are intuitive, psychic, and tactful, with an innate desire for harmony; all of which allow you to serve most ably. Cooperation is essential to your success.

Hmm...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
yea, I check out www.numerology.com and did what he asked and presto - it was like he knew me ... extremely weird and sort of mystical works without a doubt. and it has to be a polar trick of some sorts - but it is too on target to be that... maybe it is linked to some kind of basic programs that humans select, "It takes all kinds" but in reality just how many types are they...? 10 - 20 - 30 there really isnt that many types of anything ... cats dogs birds ... theres good and bad in all...
but this guy knew something that there is no way - he could have possibly known this about me... and it was weird and totally out of left field and unique to only me... or at least thats what I thought... after all aren't we all unique...?

This stuff gets my attention ... and it should yours too... but the mechanisms see to be like I stated above "TYPES" and after that I lost interest... 12 zodiacs and each zodiac has it traits ... but not as personal as my reading was... scary stuff...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

Yes, I got most of that too. It's obviously boilerplate on that site.

Now please excuse me, I have to nip out for a bit and annex Austria.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
i also tried 1 of the readings, and it was so on point i copied & pasted it into a notepad and put it in my documents so i can read it again in the future...i was shocked, didn't even know what to think.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Your path to holds frequent change, variety, travel, and the unexpected with a thorough mingling among humanity.

You are the peacemaker, one of life's mediators.

with an innate desire for harmony...

Cooperation is essential to your success.

Come on people, are you blind? The quotes above are completely wrong for one of the most evil people on the planet? If your life was written in the stars, then surely someone as significant as Hitler would be spot on, never mind your own insignificant egos.

Theres also the argument that the date is an arbitary number that we've changed many times throughout history. God or the Stars didn't decide on how we divide up the year...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
yea, I check out www.numerology.com and did what he asked and presto - it was like he knew me ... extremely weird and sort of mystical works without a doubt. and it has to be a polar trick of some sorts - but it is too on target to be that... maybe it is linked to some kind of basic programs that humans select, "It takes all kinds" but in reality just how many types are they...? 10 - 20 - 30 there really isnt that many types of anything ... cats dogs birds ... theres good and bad in all...
but this guy knew something that there is no way - he could have possibly known this about me... and it was weird and totally out of left field and unique to only me... or at least thats what I thought... after all aren't we all unique...?

This stuff gets my attention ... and it should yours too... but the mechanisms see to be like I stated above "TYPES" and after that I lost interest... 12 zodiacs and each zodiac has it traits ... but not as personal as my reading was... scary stuff...

as someone who changed my name several times I can tell you that you change your name and you make things change.

I discovered that i had too many emotional letters so i changed my name to have more physical letters and i stopped all the crying and started to have more energy

and the changes that happen - it takes about 9 months to happen - it is not instant

and then you get into the relationship numbers

not this has nothing to do with the month you are born in - thats astrology.

Numerology is vibrations - each letter of the alphabet - the sound forms a note when spoken and that has a number value and that is what is interpreted in numerology

if you want a rather in depth explanation that is very good - read the first 33 pages of a book called numbers for lovers by Arlene Fitzgerald

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Trojan_libido

unfortunately the quotes you posted are a point of view. just as it is with good and bad, light and dark (good and evil). They are a perspective on a single person.

You are the peacemaker, one of life's mediators.

with an innate desire for harmony...

Wasn't the extermination of what he viewed as horrible people to bring a better world (in his eyes) justify these quotes? what is quoted is exactly what he imagined himself as. Ask the many Muslims that want the jews out of their land if (hypothetically) all the jews were dead, it would make a more peacefull world. or ask the religious extremists if all the non-believers vanished if the world would be a more peaceful place. its the same concept.

Take not that i am not directly defending the truth of all numerology, but the quotes that were applied to the person mentioned.

[edit on 10/12/08 by Ghost147]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Ok, so i recently read a book by Linda Goodman Star Signs, and she included an in depth section on numerology. From what I understand say your name is William Vanderbilt, but everyone calls you Will or Willy or Willy V. this is the name that you should enter when calculating your numerology profile because it is the one that has been spoken the most. Therefore it has been impressed upon the ether's more and has a greater influence. It was also said that by changing the name that people call within 2-3-or5- or more yrs im not sure, you could possibly change your self in a way that the numerology profile of a new name fits you more.

Goodman also included in her book the alphabet and each letters numerological equivalent in numerology. Also how to go about calculating your profile and what each single digit and double digit numbers represent.

She also mentioned that you could use the name and birth date of ANYthing to calculate its numerological profile, for instance, a city, a marriage, a president etc.

This book is HIGHLY recommended for those that want to study numerology more in depth, and also for the rest of its content in general.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
anyone want to U2U me with your name in full - letters can be scrambled in one long heap and I will send you an indepth analysys

so of you have a name that is 3 words long jumble the letters all together in any unrecognizable way you want

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
well, when I was in India, the prostitute I was with took me to her apartment, and there was a old man, making money telling fortunes.
he asked me my birth date, my name and the age of my mother when I was born. when he did his little song and dance voodoo... he got as white as a sheet and told the girl something in Indianese - he said I would be a man of great power, my life would be shorter than most and I would be wealthy.... well she rocked my world for one night. well worth the $10bucks, their beer sucks... and well still waiting on the rest of the stuff

[edit on 10-12-2008 by BornPatriot]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join