It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY UFO EXPERIENCE: The Abduction of Chris Bledsoe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Good Mornin' Forumerions,

Chris Bledsoe's recent UFO/alien abduction experience was the recent focus of The Discovery Channel's, "UFOs Over Earth."

Bledsoe shares his personal thoughts about his harrowing event and the show:

My son and I along with 3 other men were recently shown on the Discovery Channel the new mini Series, "UFOs Over Earth."

The 5 of us had a harrowing experience to where we were all scared to death:

Being tired of fishing just before Dark I took a walk up this narrow woody and muddy dirt road. I walked about a 1/4 mile up to a field and as I topped the hill now being able to see the field to my surprise there were 2 giant orange balls about as big as a 2 story house but round hovering just above the trees appeared to be less than a mile away.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Forumerions,

Important to note, that the polygraph was done "early" in the real investigation; although the production company chose to inject in at "the end of the show," certainly impacting the audience; I might add that there was no discussion about the science behind a polygraph in regards to physiological responses recalling "traumatic experiences."

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Good Day Forumerions,

reply to post by Frank Warren

Bledsoe's son was deeply affected by the events that tool place as well, not venturing out of the house for 6 months . . .

-FW

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The one thing I hate about lie detectors is that the term really isn't accurate.

If a person thinks their telling the truth it will say he's telling the truth so,

Skeptics will argue that the lie detector can be fooled and at the same time will say, "He failed the lie detector so it must be a lie."

I'm thinking an interview should be done with the son that freaked out or has that been done already?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't think its that easy to fool them..its one thing to say your story is true(when it isn't) and even really trying to convince yourself its real, just to get thru the test..but deep deep down you know its a fabrication and no matter how hard you try the detector will pick up on this! Only if you have some real mental issue that you can't tell the difference between reality or not, or that the story is TRUE will get you to pass IMHO

Originally posted by Darthorious
The one thing I hate about lie detectors is that the term really isn't accurate.

If a person thinks their telling the truth it will say he's telling the truth so,

Skeptics will argue that the lie detector can be fooled and at the same time will say, "He failed the lie detector so it must be a lie."

I'm thinking an interview should be done with the son that freaked out or has that been done already?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
They always do that stuff at the end of UFO shows.

Nerves can make you fail lie detector tests

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The problem I have is with hypnotic regression, which is prone to fantasy. The four witnesses to the craft do help this case, but I don't see why this person or his son would lie about something like that. More research is needed to find physical traces to back up the case.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I would just like to point out that hypnotic regression can be very real. In the country of Denmark there was a tv program where they used hypnotic regression on some men and women, they asked them to draw some places or symbols they saw during their regression.

A tv crew then went with the people to find the places they described living at in past lifes and they would search for evidence matching their descriptions and drawings, even down to town records of people that lived there in the past. And they did in fact find alot of the "regression proof" the people spoke about. A danish tv host was also submitted to regression and he now truly belives that in a past life he was a monk in france. They also did search on him ofcourse and found the monastery he had been at in his past life, and he remembered alot of details including a gate that had a design on top he also drew before leaving to see the place.

This is just to show that hypnotic regression is not totally fake or fantasy. It seems there might actually be some truth in it aswell. And its also very possible in this case.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
God Day Darthorious,

Originally posted by Darthorious

Important to remember that Travis Walton didn't pass his initial "lie detector test" either; however, after some time had passed (after he had come to grips with the experience) he did. Some for one of the crew.

Abductees literally suffer from post traumatic stress syndrome PTSS and their physiological responses will be all over the place when recalling the event.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Chris Bledsoe & Travis Walton - "Incident Similarities"

Hi there, my name is Matt and I just finished watching the Discovery Channel's UFO's Over Earth The Fayetteville Incident.

I was just curious if anybody else noticed how much Bledsoe looks like Walton?

*Also:

Both incidents failed initial Polygraph tests
Both incidents were "single abductions" with "missing time"

and...

Both incidents involved other witnesses

Thanks!

Matt
Las Vegas, NV.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
according to the 'experts' Alien Abductions are just sleep paralysis so I guess all the witness also had sleep paralysis all at the same time, whilst awake. What are the odds eh! Oh well..

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hypnotic regression is a problem as it is hard to tell the difference between reality and fantasy to some being induced. It cannot be relied on for any solid research. Used as a helpful tool it may give some information, but it should never be relied on. Physical evidence is needed to help these types of cases, along with people who still remember most of what happened.
I am not totally opposed to using hypnotic regression, as long as there are guidelines and it is not the only tool used. If that is all the evidence, then the case must be filed as incomplete, with no answer as to whether an abduction actually happened.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Kevin Randle discussed the lie detector test in the Walton case. The main problem was not that Mr Walton failed the test, it was that the UFO researchers tried to suppress the results. Just because one does not like the answer, does not mean they should tamper with anything. I am on the fence with the Walton case, the lie detector fiasco does not help his case.

Researchers need to be more honest and approach each case like a journalist looking for answers. Ask the tough questions, and give out all the information, both good and bad. Sloppy research and methods hurts everyone in the UFO research community.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Starred and flagged. Thanks for posting this Frank!

There is something about this guy that just came off as being genuine to me. I have a feeling that he and his son DID experience something that changed their lives. The fact that his marriage was in jeopardy and he was sticking to his guns tells me that at the very least HE believes that these experiences were 100% real.

I hope he will share more of his story. I wonder if we could get him to post here, or if someone from ATS could interview him?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Afternoon KF,

Originally posted by kidflash2008

Kevin Randle discussed the lie detector test in the Walton case. The main problem was not that Mr Walton failed the test, it was that the UFO researchers tried to suppress the results. Just because one does not like the answer, does not mean they should tamper with anything. I am on the fence with the Walton case, the lie detector fiasco does not help his case.

Researchers need to be more honest and approach each case like a journalist looking for answers. Ask the tough questions, and give out all the information, both good and bad. Sloppy research and methods hurts everyone in the UFO research community.

Some might argue that a lie detector test is part science and part art. That is to say "interpretation" of the data is key. The physiological responses to many of the questions can resemble similar responses as when one lies.

I think "knowing" the position of the individual giving the test is paramount; is this person's personal opinion swaying "his" interpretation of the data? Is he remaining neutral? Is he taking into account the "trauma" associated with the alleged event? Etc., . . . etc.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Afternoon DD,

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Starred and flagged. Thanks for posting this Frank!

Welcome!

There is something about this guy that just came off as being genuine to me. I have a feeling that he and his son DID experience something that changed their lives. The fact that his marriage was in jeopardy and he was sticking to his guns tells me that at the very least HE believes that these experiences were 100% real.

I hope he will share more of his story. I wonder if we could get him to post here, or if someone from ATS could interview him?

All of the investigators who were involved in the case "believe him" (and the other witnesses). Nobody was happy in how the show was "edited."

Chris is currently writing a more detailed account for "The UFO Chronicles" as we speak, and it will be published ASAP.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't understand why Mr. Bledsoe has not demanded a second lie detector test by a reputable firm. The FBI is certainly not reputable. The FBI is heavily involved in debunking UFO's. And the controlled media almost always attempts to debunk eyewitness testimony with phony science. Everything Mr. Bledsoe has stated I take as factual evidence. There were several corroborating witnesses. He underwent psychological testing. Like most eyewitnesses, Mr. Bledsoe was traumatized by his experiences. There are kooks who make fantastic claims. I have seen old footage from the fifties of crazies or paid shills telling obvious lies. But aside from these people, I believe all the abduction stories. There are plenty of high level officials going public, so I suggest that the media be put on trial. Why is the media heaping more trauma on these victims?
As others have stated, sleep paralysis is a lousy explanation and easily debunked? Can five eyewitnesses all be undergoing sleep paralysis? Besides, Mr. Bledsoe was awake. His son was awake.
I am sure that Mr. Bledsoe thinks he was singled out for this experience and must make sense of it for us, but there is no sense behind the abductions. People simply cross paths with these aliens and are made to feel crazy by the powers that be. Why? Because the government fears that average people may gain power from the aliens and subvert its control. The aliens could do anything they wished to us or for us. So far, their involvement has been limited, but the possibility of a human gaining power makes the government quake.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Good Day NBF,

Originally posted by neverbeenfree
I don't understand why Mr. Bledsoe has not demanded a second lie detector test by a reputable firm. The FBI is certainly not reputable. The FBI is heavily involved in debunking UFO's. And the controlled media almost always attempts to debunk eyewitness testimony with phony science.

The particular individual who performed the test was chosen because of his reputation; I don't believe there was any conspiracy; this is just another example of cognitive bias, and ignorance. Moreover, I believe the "so-called science" should have been explained to the viewing audience--there's a reason these tests aren't admissible in a court of law.

Everything Mr. Bledsoe has stated I take as factual evidence. There were several corroborating witnesses. He underwent psychological testing. Like most eyewitnesses, Mr. Bledsoe was traumatized by his experiences. There are kooks who make fantastic claims. I have seen old footage from the fifties of crazies or paid shills telling obvious lies. But aside from these people, I believe all the abduction stories. There are plenty of high level officials going public, so I suggest that the media be put on trial. Why is the media heaping more trauma on these victims?
As others have stated, sleep paralysis is a lousy explanation and easily debunked? Can five eyewitnesses all be undergoing sleep paralysis? Besides, Mr. Bledsoe was awake. His son was awake.
I am sure that Mr. Bledsoe thinks he was singled out for this experience and must make sense of it for us, but there is no sense behind the abductions. People simply cross paths with these aliens and are made to feel crazy by the powers that be. Why? Because the government fears that average people may gain power from the aliens and subvert its control. The aliens could do anything they wished to us or for us. So far, their involvement has been limited, but the possibility of a human gaining power makes the government quake.

Bledsoe's case is significant and shouldn't be dismissed. Moreover, I applaud his courage in coming forward; sadly research and television programs don't often mix well e.g., UFO Hunters!

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

To me the problem isn't the lie detector tests as they can be inconclusive. The Walton case is mentioned because the UFO researchers purposely tried to hide the negative tests. This implies covering up, and that is why the Mr Walton's story appears tainted. Mr Walton had nothing to do with the cover-up, but many will have a guilt by association.
That is not to say I don't believe what happened to Mr Walton or Mr Bledsoe, both of the cases have a lot of good points going for them. It is just when a large judgment error in the case of Mr Walton where the information is edited to suit the needs of the researchers instead of keeping it all out in the open.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Mornin' KF,

Originally posted by kidflash2008

To me the problem isn't the lie detector tests as they can be inconclusive.

I agree with this in sense that the problem is with the test "directly," but the "perception of it" and or it's interpretation. I believe the producers should have spent a few minutes explaining the "science" behind the machine.

The Walton case is mentioned because the UFO researchers purposely tried to hide the negative tests.

This again is my point--there is no "negative or positive" there is only the examiner's interpretation.

This implies covering up, and that is why the Mr Walton's story appears tainted. Mr Walton had nothing to do with the cover-up, but many will have a guilt by association.

Remember that Walton later "passed" (by way of interpretation) another test successfully.

That is not to say I don't believe what happened to Mr Walton or Mr Bledsoe, both of the cases have a lot of good points going for them. It is just when a large judgment error in the case of Mr Walton where the information is edited to suit the needs of the researchers instead of keeping it all out in the open.

One of the complaints of the researchers is much of the salient points were left on the cutting room floor, which just reinforces my notion that mixing a television crew and UFO research is akin to mixing oil & water.

Cheers,
Frank

top topics

<<   2 >>

join