It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Drugs Clock: $47+Billion and Counting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

War on Drugs Clock: $47+Billion and Counting

www.drugsense.org

Arrests for drug law violations in 2008 are expected to exceed the 1,889,810 arrests of 2006. Law enforcement made more arrests for drug law violations in 2006 (13.1 percent of the total number of arrests) than for any other offense.

Someone is arrested for violating a drug law every 17 seconds.

Source: Uniform Crime Reports, Federal Bureau of Investigation

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Drug War Clock at $47,300,000,000.00 plus and counting.

Check the link for up to the minute figures.

It looks like we (the tax paying Americans) will spend somewhere near $50 Billion fighting the "war on drugs" this year.

I know this may not sound like a lot in comparison to what has been handed to the banks, insurance companies and other bail out/hand outs but, $50 billion is still $50 billion.

Is this money well spent?

At nearly $1 billion a week going towards this "war" I sure hope the PTB do not decide a "surge" is needed.

To date over 1,760,000 arested this year, over 774,000 for "pot"

Can this 'war' be won? or has this "war" become a multi- billion dollar industry with no true intention of ever coming to an end?

I am certainly not in favor of legalizing crack but maybe it is time to take another look at this "war"

www.drugsense.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Nobody wins in a war, everyone loses. Maybe the real cause can't be won because those that think it maybe to win are deluding themselves that they are at war with their pot smoking neighbors and really just jealous that other people might find happiness in getting high, while they can't find happiness in anything since they really don't want to live anyway and have a weird sort of psychotic death wish. Who knows? Maybe they just can't live with the notion that something other than the bible gives other people pleasure?

join