It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama Amend The Constitution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
While some folks on the left are already surprised and outraged over Obama's cabinet picks, I myself am pleasantly surprised he is actually reaching out to the right.
This might make it a easier pill to swallow than I had originally thought.

HOWEVER, there is still the issue of the birth certificate which has yet to surface.

People slam on Bush for, as they say, "destroying the Constitution", well if Obama does not produce his birth certificate he is a hypocrite and is no better than his predecessor.

Even some of his supporters would agree, if they were objective enough, because at least Bush didn't spit on the Constitution before "destroying" it.

I want to give him a chance BUT If Obama want's to be the President, he should do it the right way.

So I ask again, will Obama amend the Constitution?

..."This is not a racial issue, this is a Constitutional issue!"
This video pretty much sums it up for me.

Obama Birth Certificate: Supreme Court

... on Monday, December 8, 2008, at 1:30 pm eastern, the ‘We The People’ Foundation will conduct a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. The attorneys who initiated the Birth Certificate lawsuits in Pennsylvania for Philip Berg, in New Jersey for Leo Donofrio and in California for Orly Taitz, challenging The One’s legal eligibility to hold the Office of President of the United States, will briefly summarize the facts, legal arguments and status of their cases. They will also answer questions from the press.

link to article

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
People slam on Bush for, as they say, "destroying the Constitution", well if Obama does not produce his birth certificate he is a hypocrite and is no better than his predecessor.

You’re assuming Obama is guilty of something. Fortunately, and unfortanately for you, your assumptions have no legal value whatsoever.

People slam Bush because he authorized certain programs, and signed many Executive Orders, that probably violate laws in the Constitution.

How many has Obama signed?

So I ask again, will Obama amend the Constitution?

President’s can’t Amend the Constitution.

Next question...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Will he overturn the basic principle of what bush was trying to achieve in his term? That would mean going against the system that took him to where he is.

So..No

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

signed many Executive Orders, that probably violate laws in the Constitution.

So what exactly is the difference between these two assumptions? Does your assumption have some legal value?

You’re assuming Obama is guilty of something. Fortunately, and unfortanately for you, your assumptions have no legal value whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
So what exactly is the difference between these two assumptions? Does your assumption have some legal value?

No, my opinion has no legal value, and since he hasn’t been judged and ruled guilty of anything, thus, why I said some of Bush’s actions probably violated the Constitution.

That was an answer to as why “people slammed Bush”.

The only assumption I make is as to why people slam Bush. You’re free to disagree with the reasons, obviously

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Obama, actually any president is incapable of amending the constitution by themselves.

Any proposed amendment has to be ratified by a two thirds vote in both houses of congress and then sent out to the states for ratification and must garner the approval of three quarters of the state legislatures before it becomes the force of law.

So the subject of this post is pointless.

Besides all that a person cannot amend the constitution for personal gain. So the subject of this post not only pointless but meaningless.

A waste of server space.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by grover]

top topics

join