It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

psychoneuroimmunology. Proof that the brain can heal the body?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
So that's a long word. Science is getting good results out of this,here's 1 peer reviewed link www.pnirs.org...

Does PNI basicly proove,that the brain can heavily influence how quickly you get over illnesses? And not just what drugs the doctor have given you. Which has been disputed and laughed at for years by skeptical people all over. But now it's a science fact,maybe things like spiritual healing,reiki,visualisation meditation can now be taken seriously.

here's to hoping.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Flagged, I agree we are definetly more powerful than science have dared to admit.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
Flagged, I agree we are definetly more powerful than science have dared to admit.
well,science is starting to open up,and back it up with positive results,contrary to their previously concieved notions. Well,at least some are,there'll always be the newtonian scientists who think we know it all already,but luckily,they're all dieing off.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ok a little slow with the reply but definately starred and flagged.
2nd line is cool

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I have been very fortunate in my life that I have reached the grande old age of 40 and have never has so much as a cold.

Until last year when I was started having pains which got quite severe and other unusual symptoms.

After scans and tests it turned out that I had growths which the doc wanted to remove and to do further investigations promptly.

Hospital was arranged for a week later.

I spent week visualising - I saw the affected area in a foggy cartoon format and shot the unwanted visitors with a space invader type gun. Each time I left the area completely clean and healthy. And for some reason yellow.

The op went ahead and as I expected there was nothing removed as there was nothing to remove, the biopsy was returned later as clear and I was pronounced healthy.

I understand that people may find this extreme but I just know what happened.

I never had any doubt that visualising would work - what astonished me is that I have always thought I was not visualising properly as I do not get clear pictures, sometimes no pictures at all, yet I feel the vision. I was not 100% sure that it would work for me because of this.

But it did.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by catflap

This certainly sounds familiar! I remember watching "The Secret" and the woman who was diagnosed with cancer managed to get rid of it by getting it out of her mind & maintaining a positive attitude.. watching comedy films etc. I think the evidence that exists around the world that proves that the mind can heal the body, but like everything else it's all down to the individual. In this life attitude is everything, & with the right one you are unstoppable.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
so.. they say.
I'm seeing a logical thread here.
I mean, the way we think, afterall has an effect on things.

We all know how powerful the human brain and mind is. Ever heard of "mind over matter"? I bet we are also familiar with several cancer survivors who fought cancer with nothing but faith.

I see nothing impossible on it. The fact is reasonable and one day science will provide light to it.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Its been a while since I've posted here haha. I browse a lot though.

Seeing this topic I had to share this with you guys.
I think you'll be quite 'delighted'

The latest Russian scientific research directly or indirectly explains phenomena such as clairvoyance, intuition, spontaneous and remote acts of healing, self healing, affirmation techniques, unusual light/auras around people (namely spiritual masters), mind's influence on weather patterns and much more. In addition, there is evidence for a whole new type of medicine in which DNA can be influenced and reprogrammed by words and frequencies without cutting out and replacing single genes. Only 10% of our DNA is being used for building proteins. It is this subset of DNA that is of interest to western researchers and is being examined and categorized. The other 90% are considered "junk DNA." The Russian researchers, however, convinced that nature was not dumb, joined linguists and geneticists in a venture to explore that 90% of "junk DNA." Their results, findings and conclusions are simply revolutionary!

Russian DNA Discoveries

There loads on Google

Enjoy. Gonna keep up with this thread. Should be pretty interesting to see if this comes into the light.

I'm all for it, if people really want ?
Why not eradicate most medicine

The futures ours.

One mind, One soul, One common destination.
Anythings possible if you really really want!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Does PNI basicly proove,that the brain can heavily influence how quickly you get over illnesses? And not just what drugs the doctor have given you. Which has been disputed and laughed at for years by skeptical people all over.

I'm not sure I'd really call this a radical shift in the way scientists and researchers think. After all, the placebo effect has been well known and documented and accepted. Studies routinely have to find ways to account for it, in fact.

I'm all for people reading more peer-reviewed scientific journals though.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Originally posted by awakeningmind

The latest Russian scientific research directly or indirectly explains phenomena such as clairvoyance, intuition, spontaneous and remote acts of healing, self healing, affirmation techniques, unusual light/auras around people (namely spiritual masters), mind's influence on weather patterns and much more. In addition, there is evidence for a whole new type of medicine in which DNA can be influenced and reprogrammed by words and frequencies without cutting out and replacing single genes. Only 10% of our DNA is being used for building proteins. It is this subset of DNA that is of interest to western researchers and is being examined and categorized. The other 90% are considered "junk DNA." The Russian researchers, however, convinced that nature was not dumb, joined linguists and geneticists in a venture to explore that 90% of "junk DNA." Their results, findings and conclusions are simply revolutionary!

You certainly can use your mind to heal your body, and your brain will respond to the orders given to it by your mind

It is interesting to see the quote about the Russian Scientists and DNA, because I have only heard about this from 4th Dimension sources, namely Kryon.

If you are sufficiently interested in Quantum Healing and matters related to the many layers of human DNA, then I provide links to the high quality MP3 audio files listed below. There is no registration required and they are FREE downloads. (I am not associated with the website in any way.)

1. Quantum Healing – Vancouver, Canada 26th January 2008

www.kryon.com...

2. Mining The Akash – Bern Switzerland 20th April 2008

www.kryon.com...

3. It’s In The DNA – Kelowna BC, Canada 28th June 2008

www.kryon.com...

[edit on 30/12/2008 by Tallsorts]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
"Biofeedback" has been used for years to alleviate extreme pain from migraine headaches. Google "biofeedback".

So, for me...this is nothing new. I've used it, and it works.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Starred and flagged. This is a subject near and dear to me as I am currently trying out visualization for a health issue.

Originally posted by catflap

I spent week visualising - I saw the affected area in a foggy cartoon format and shot the unwanted visitors with a space invader type gun. Each time I left the area completely clean and healthy. And for some reason yellow.

Mine is kind of silly but seems to be working. I visualize little fish swimming around in me sort of sucking up all the stuff I don't want to be there, as a representation of my immune system. I also visualize (I can't believe I am sharing this but what the hell) little Fraggles (from the muppets) digging/mining away at the issue I have. I swear to God I feel loads better and it's only been maybe 5 days. I haven't felt this consistently good in months.

The mind is a seriously powerful tool and I am kicking myself for not getting my head right and utilizing it sooner.

top topics

join