It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Saw Unidentified Object In Southeast, Tn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I was just outside on my back porch smoking a cigarette looking to the sky as I always do. I was looking towards the Southeast when I noticed a peculiar object in the sky. It was an orange ball, about the size of a normal star that you would look up and see in the sky. It was moving very fast and then completely disappeared. It was not fast enough to be a shooting star, I have seen plenty of those around here and there was no trail. A few seconds after to the left of where it disappeared, an object blinking red appeared moving slowly, which was more than likely a plane. This would have been near the area of our airport. I'm pretty sure that what I saw was not a plane, as it was moving entirely too fast for a landing and too high in the sky. I haven't seen most planes resembling an orange ball either. Should I report this?

Location: Chattanooga, Tn- towards the direction of Missionary Ridge
Time: 5:59pm
Date: 12/3/08

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If you had a picture of it, maybe it would be something to report. But maybe someone else saw it too so give the local PD station a call, not on their emergency line, the regular number and ask if anyone else reported seeing this strange orange light ball in the sky.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well, I thought about running to my car and grabbing my camera real quick but I didn't want to take a chance on missing out on something. Plus, I have a little pocket sized digital camera that I doubt would have even picked it up.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Could have been a satellite catching the sun for a moment as it glints of its solar panels! Either that or a chinese lantern released from a nearby wedding party, that got caught aloft into the jet stream

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

Sounds exactly like a shooting star to me. Some are very slow and have no tail. Meteors come in many flavors...

Have a read of my guide here on ATS: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join