It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Big Brother police to be given 'Wartime' powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This is to be unveiled in the Queen's Christmas speech.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
im watching it now ...and theres 14 - 15 changes!

i hate the queen and the NWO.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
We left the UK about 5 years ago and, as I've said in other threads, I always have to check with my parents about new rules, before I go back for a vist.

Here in Spain we have to carry ID documents and can be stopped and asked for them, at any time and for any reason. The Guardia Civil often set up checks at roundabouts and can just wave in any car they like and ask for ID and the car documents.

Because the UK don't have ID cards and the Spanish no longer issue resident cards, we have to carry certified copies of our British passports. I believe you have to carry ID here from the age of 14.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
They are tightening the screws and the great British public are just bending over and accepting their civil liberites being eroded bit by bit.

If true, then this will give the police unprecedented peacetime powers!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
They are tightening the screws and the great British public are just bending over and accepting their civil liberites being eroded bit by bit.

If true, then this will give the police unprecedented peacetime powers!

Ahhh....but we British will continue to be more concerned about drinking endless cups of tea and watching re-runs of Sherlock Holmes to raise any fuss.

Stiff upper lip, an' all that......

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man

If the English want to smile while they bend over and spread their cheeks, more power to them. Every monarchy needs slaves for working in the trenches.

On the other hand, the English could grow a pair and take a page out of history from their brothers in France. Seems like back in 1793, the French were stuck with fubar royality. The common citizens came together and removed the heads from these irritating little twits. Problem solved.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If the planned powers require a person to provide a 'producer' at a police station within an allotted time, perhaps use that time to change your name by deed poll to, say, 'Mr. Officer-Dibble' 'Mrs. P.C. Plod' 'Ms. F.U. Copper' ...etc. for the producer, and then change it back afterward

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymousATS

same thing could be done in any nation...like the USA

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
same thing could be done in any nation...like the USA

I can't help but wonder if we will collectively wakeup and smell the sewage. All it takes is a small determined group to start a revolution -- that's how it happened in the original American revolution.

These are times that will make the world history books. It will be interesting to see what happens next. Will there be a U.S. Civil war? Who knows. If so, who will be the first targets? Perhaps the MSM? Politicians? Others?

[edit on 12/3/2008 by anonymousATS]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I doubt there will be any kind of revolution.

We're just too 'laid back' for that.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousATS

If the English want to smile while they bend over and spread their cheeks, more power to them. Every monarchy needs slaves for working in the trenches.

On the other hand, the English could grow a pair and take a page out of history from their brothers in France. Seems like back in 1793, the French were stuck with fubar royality. The common citizens came together and removed the heads from these irritating little twits. Problem solved.

Think we already did that to Charles the I - He thought he did not NEED the consent of the Government when descision making - but as you know your french history i will presume you know the English too. He was charged with high treason against the people of England and beheaded:

www.british-civil-wars.co.uk...

It doesn't matter who has the power, there is always someone that is going to abuse it. I do however think that the peoples voice should be heard a little louder than it is, though this should be done in a peacful civilized manner - hence why you have local councils and counsillors to represent the voice of their district.

Please be careful when advising people in the UK to go grab a pair of B@##!S and behead royalty - the death penalty still applies to treason!!!!!!!!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The Queen's Christmas Speech ?

I very much doubt it somehow.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

You're right.

Today's Queen's speech.....not Christmas speech...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Old Man, (for some reason the 'Reply to' button appears not to be working), as you correctly point out, we Brits have become a nation of whingers and moaners.

In every pub and club across the length and breadth of the UK you can here similair conversations condemning the state of the nation and expressing concern about erosion of civil liberties, PC do-gooders, immigartion and the decline of British culture, heritage and pride.
But we do nothing at all about it.

I believe that we are coming to a pivotal point in the history of the United Kingdom, possibly the world.
History teaches us that when we reach these moments then we do stand up and be counted.
I sincerely hope that spirit has not been diluted or kicked out of us and we once again stand up for ourselves and what is right.

Unfortunately I doubt it....I dearly hope I am wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well, I think that we have become so dumbed down, by being used to cameras everywhere, for one thing, that we will just roll over and let things happen.

The only thing that would cause any kind of revolt or civil unrest is if mass unemployment became a major issue.....which may well happen if things get very much worse.

top topics

join