It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Financial Solution right here, Ron Paul is a patriot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I was thinking of a way to stimulate the economy while simultaneously solving some larger political and social issues, and here is what I came up with.

1. Identify what basic functions of gov't the constitution provides for (example: providing for the common defense).

2. Identify what the budget for those particular functions would reasonably be using historical data.

3. Identify the budgets and revenues of all programs, taxes, agencies, etc. that are expendable using item #1 as criteria.

4. Identify if #2 could be met without the revenues generated by unconstitutional income tax and the rest of 3.

5. Identify the median income of the American citizen.

6. Identify the average amount of income tax and other items from #3 that each American worker pays.

7. Illustrate how #5+#6 would increase everyone's standard of living while simultaneaously providing increased expendably income for consumption, thus stimulating the economy.

It is my opinion that manufacturing jobs have left this country due to the wages of the American worker being higher than that of say Chinese, Indian, Mexican, etc. This has forced those beloved CEO's and the like to make decisions based on profit margins to move the jobs to more cost effective locations. HOWEVER, if we could cut the massive amount of fat out of the federal budget, thereby relieving the worker of the tax burden to cover those useless programs, we would immediately become more competitive in terms of wages. If you only made 2/3 of what you make now, but owed no income tax, it would not affect your standard of living yet it would make your labor more competitive, right?

Please feel free to expand on this idea, and please be courteous. I would do this myself but my particular brand of servitude requires at least 14 hours of my day so I will never have the time. ABOLISH THE FED, THEY MAKE SLAVES OF US ALL!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ya know man...not a bad idea

One issue though, I don't think that people would move jobs back from overseas just because the wages were 1/3 lower. i mean 2/3 of 12 dollars an hour is still 8 bucks an hour. They pay these people overseas less than half of that. In order to get jobs like that back in the US it would take the American people lowering their standard of living to a 1930's like state.

BUT I'm all about using that strategy for the service industry.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

1. Replace the Federal Reserve with the gold standard.
2. Replace the income tax with the value added tax (excluding food and utility bills), and add a luxury tax for high end goods to even out the pain a little. (Yes, I do think the wealthy should pay a little more when buying a yacht).
3. Get a huge public works program to fix our aging infrastructure. Many of the bridges were built for 1930s traffic and truck weights, and need to be replaced. If we are going to spend tax money, let us see a real benefit.
4. Get rid of many of the departments and agencies, and let the states take over (Education, Housing and Urban Development, Health and Human Services, etc).
5.Keep Defense, Treasury, Interior (resources and Energy should be folded into that one) State, Commerce (transportation can be folded into that one).
6. Get rid of Homeland Security, which throws billions of dollars down the drain every year.

I don't think Ron Paul would be for a public works program, but most of the other stuff is more in line to what he is for.

new topics

join