It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Death Cover-Up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I've been given permission by the writer of the following blog post to post it here in the hope that somebody might have ideas about what is going on. Thank you

Here's a copy of my blog post re: the circumstances surrounding my cousin's death. To recap, he died Sat. night during a "training" exercise in the Army at Fort Lewis, WA. What the heck is going on?

I am normally so not a conspiracy theorist, but something really, really weird and not right is going on here and I just don’t know what. The circumstances surrounding my cousin’s (V) death just keep getting stranger and stranger. So, let me put it out there:

First, the Army cut a check to V’s widow (L) for half a million dollars on Monday. The autopsy wasn’t even (allegedly) completed before Tuesday evening. They are paying for the funeral, the hotel for L and aunt, tranportation from Washington to OH for L, from KY to OH for aunt/uncle, all food and other expenses for aunt and uncle, transportation of the body, and all other costs associated with the funeral/service.

When his widow was informed he had died, she became very ill, and was unable to stop vomiting and passed out. They had to transport her to the ER. She awoke the next day and Army officials had been caring for her baby, and they informed her that she would not be allowed to return to their house. They gave her two changes of clothes for the baby, and she wasn’t permitted to retreive any of her own belongings, including clothes. The casualty officers bought her two outfits, which is what she is still wearing (5 days later). Plus one nice outfit each to be worn at the funeral services. They informed the widow that once the funeral is over and she secures new lodging, they will box up and ship all of their belongings to her. However, they told L not to expect V’s computer in that stuff, as they had confiscated it.

They also confiscated both vehicles, V’s mustang and L’s truck/SUV. My aunt and uncle had cosigned for the mustang, and apparently it is in uncle’s name, but the Army informed aunt that even if they paid it off they would not be allowed to take possession of it, and that they should let the bank repo it. Aunt is refusing and said she WILL have that car, as it was V’s pride and joy.

Now, L has two casualty officers that have been with her non-stop since she awoke in the hospital on Sunday. She also has her sister with her. They were all staying at a local hotel with my aunt and uncle, but were not “permitted” to be alone with said aunt and uncle without the presence of the casualty officers. Well, yesterday morning (Thanksgiving) L’s sister managed to sneak out and talk to my aunt privately. When the casualty officers “caught” her, they insisted immediately that L and aunt were no longer permitted to stay at the same hotel, and they packed up L’s stuff and mover her and her sister to a new hotel which was not to be disclosed to aunt.

Now, on to the actual body.

They will not permit my aunt or L to see the body. They did not say that it was unidentifiable, or in pieces, or anything, only that it was not permitted. The funeral will have to be closed casket, for undisclosed reasons. Both aunt and L insist that they need to be certain that it is in fact V in that casket, and have asked that someone (anyone) be allowed to identify a tattoo or something on the body. Denied.

When they flew the body in, it came into an airport a couple of hours from the funeral home and there was a local news crew there covering holiday travel and they wanted to film the body coming off the plane. V has full honors, and there were soldiers there to do their thing at the airport, along with my aunt/uncle and my mom and L and her family. Aunt and L gave permission for the casket to be filmed and put on the news, and apparently the Army casualty officers turned them away. No filming was permitted, and no one has any idea what exactly was said to the news crew.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by angelrain37

continued...

No one has said how V died exactly. Only that “something” happened Saturday night during a “training” exercise. It is in NO newspaper anywhere, which is really odd considering … holiday weekend, fallen soldier, etc. surely there would be SOME mention somewhere of his death.

The Army also had to approve the obituary before it could be published, and even then when it came out in the local papers it had been altered completely. I have no idea who was responsible for the changes, the newspapers or someone else.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This has far too many "Huhs" in it to even begin to stop my head from spinning. What was V doing for the military? If he was Intelligance that might answer a bit, but if he was a grunt, I'm thinking this is a bit bizzar and the government is doing far too many things to get themselves in trouble.

The fist thing they would have done was have all the associated family sign a secrecy oath.

Then they'd kill them if they say this.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
hmmmm.... sounds like your Cousin was someone important or had done something important, or weird enough for me to say this. Doesn't sound like he's dead, sounds like they want the illusion to fall on your family that he is deceased.

It could be me, but I've had know pleanty of folks in the military to pass on in Iraq or after retirement. It never goes down that way.

Something like this reminds me of an incident of me in Mexico, my father sent a guard to be around me and my family 24/7, for protection.... protection.

[edit on 12/2/2008 by FoxStriker]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Or he may have simply been accidentally exposed to some toxin that they wanted to make certain he hadn't subsequently passed on to the family.

But here's the only problem I have with this scenario.

The military does not simply 'cut a check' for a half million. Period.

That's raises all sorts of alarms to me.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If this is true (not a hoax) it is highly unusual. I don't know how much SGLI is nowadays, but half a mil seems a little high. The rest just seems very unlikely.

top topics

join