It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Exactly! I felt like Eddie Murphy in The Nutty Professor. It was all around the same time as the waterfall event. There were other things too but those were the most profound.

Can we do this in U2U now, please? There are other things we could discuss that are perhaps best kept from the scrutiny of certain posters here.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Your more than welcome to u2u me.

Cheers

EngTR

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
you sound like you're onto something

i might as well tell what i know,could get hit by a truck tomorrow and i think everyone should do this.if you want to know my method click on my posts and it's in the meditation help thread.

in my experience the "white noise' effect overtakes all senses at once.

i feel like i'm at the top of a rollercoaster,just as it begins to descend and the g-forces give you that rush..everything stops and the haze comes.i think this is why ppl become adrenaline junkies,they feel it for a split second every time.

i can see what's in front of me,just with a white haze over it,like those glass scenery shake up things with the liquid and snow things floating about.

there's no sound and i can't tell how much time passes,could be a second or a minute.

anyone who's felt it will know the feeling is indescribable.i'm glad it's hard to do(for me anyway) because if it was easy i'd be doing it 24/7.i'm not religious but it's easy to see how someone who is would attribute it to something divine.

i think there's many ways to reach it,those folks dancing themselves into a frenzy at churches and raves,i reckon some of them feel it.imo no elaborate preparation or mystical ceremonies are needed,just to be open to the possibility.

anyone reading this that hasn't tried to do it and is considering it..imagine sitting in a jetplane when it hits the afterburners,just as your favourite sound in all of music hits your ears,just as you reach your..best climax,just as you look into the eyes of your lover holding your newborn,all at the same time,multiplied by infinity

that would be nothing compared to the feeling.there's nothing stopping anyone from feeling it imo.

my description appears crude.i can't think of any other way to get the feeling across..if youve seen the movie 5th element when she arches back and stops the thing from destroying the planet,that's probably what it feels like.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by aylyan

Hi aylyan, you mentioned some things I missed off, I have also felt the moving sensations, I tried to explain to a friend and I used the same analogy of a roller coaster. When I start meditation, the moment I become encompassed by the feelings all sound seems to fade away as well.
I am not a religious person - if that makes any difference?.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EngTR

I am not a religious person - if that makes any difference?.

i don't know,dont think so.lots of ppl i've read about have described something like it,religious and atheist.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Meditation can be done walking around a mall, driving a car or lining up at the grocery store. It can be done anywhere. It just requires a bringing oneself into the present moment, or a chanting in the mind of your mantra.

The only thing it requires is discipline

[edit on 5-12-2008 by spacecowgirl]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join