It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I don’t normally post on this site for various reasons, however I would like to share some things personal to me and wondered if anyone here has also experienced similar effects.

Firstly, just to let you know where I am coming from, I am a professional engineer and a sceptic, however, I do have an interest in human spirituality of which I would like to enlighten my experiences with similar kinships here.

My main focus of the thread is that of meditation, some of you may be experienced on here others not, I have tried several techniques over time with little effect until recently. The method I have been using (that seems to work) is that of the Chakras. I pretend to breathe in and out of each Chakra point for 2-3 minutes on each point and have noticed that when I reach my throat Chakra, my body tends to feels very light. When I start to breath in and out of my sixth and seventh (last) Chakras is when the fun starts. Depending on my previous mood, breathing etc, I can get some very bizarre effects. I have seen ‘visions’ of various images enter my thoughts.

My last meditation was very powerful experience, I sat cross legged on the floor in the dark and burnt some Jasmine sticks nearby, I cleared my mind (the most difficult part), and thought of nothing. After a while, I had a very strange feeling that I was teetering on the edge of an abyss of nothingness, the moment I thought of peace and love and my children, a bizarre thing happened, in my minds eye I saw a light descend from above and a vision of four people out of focus and the most intense feeling of comfort and being happy – difficult to explain. Did I connect with my soul?, I don’t know I’m just an engineer with a curious mind!.

So I am sacrificing myself on the alter of dignity by revealing this, so please don’t take the rip, I am interested in what you have experienced, what you have seen, how did you ‘feel’ during and after med. Does meditation make you a better person?.

Cheers,
EngTR

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EngTR

I have so much difficulty silencing my mind that meditation is pretty difficult for me. To the point that I just don't do it very often at all. I have done energy raising meditation before but I have a difficult time raising it above the heart chakra.

I have had a few interesting experiences (very few) but nothing on the level of what you experienced. Your experience and others like it are what make me want to continue meditation.

I don't know if it makes you a better person or not. I can't think of too many evil people that are into meditation though... for whatever that is worth.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

yes!
i feel exactly the same way
i find it extremely difficult to clear my mind and so i feel discouraged to keep practicing it - even though somewhere at the back of my mind i know i will reap the benefits with more and more practice..

and yer i do feel motivated when i hear stories such as these - so thanks OP!

i especially want to try the chakra meditations - i feel as if this method in particular would help me the most..

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EngTR

I wish, I can meditate, but I can not. Demons keep on "anoying me". I have prayed about it, but it doesn't help. I have once used a cd, Halfway through it, I "saw" a red rose. And it also helped me to "see" apart of my childhood.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
reply to post by Karlhungis

yes!
i feel exactly the same way
i find it extremely difficult to clear my mind and so i feel discouraged to keep practicing it - even though somewhere at the back of my mind i know i will reap the benefits with more and more practice..

and yer i do feel motivated when i hear stories such as these - so thanks OP!

i especially want to try the chakra meditations - i feel as if this method in particular would help me the most..

here's a nice little chakra meditation I use on google videos
great for testing the waters,like i am. edit to putthe bloody video in video.google.com...

OP,good on you for doing this,I'm also just begining to play with meditation,and have also found that the chakra meditation is the most benificial. I've also had some funky stuff like you mentioned happen. "visions" and stuff,in various guises. It was certainly enough to get the attention of my previously quite skeptical mind,and carry on presuing what it is I'm trying to find out. Good luck on your journey,and don't worry,not many will rip it in this forum,cos there are quite a few people doing just what we are.

[edit on 2/12/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
From personal experience, I find it easier to work with the activity in the mind and soul in meditation, rather than try to shut it up. Stillness is good, if it can be achieved, but we are human and trying to still our human thoughts and feelings is incredibly difficult. Use the activity to fuel a journey and make your imagination work for you in a session...mediation has no rules, no right or wrongs, so do what makes it powerful for you. Just my opinion though...

Cait

[edit on 2-12-2008 by caitlinfae]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies. Let me say a couple more things.
I have noticed that I can't just sit down and meditate, firstly I need a quiet house, so about one hour (or more) before, I have no TV on, no music just silence. I use this time to get my place ship shape and ready for the next day. I also use this time to eat and drink (supper) so I know that when I meditate, my body does not require anything.
Just before med. time, I will need to sit and read, or just reply to emails etc, anything quiet. Then I will switch off the pc.
Meditation experiences come and go. I have also noticed that I can only get the 'extreme' feelings as mentioned about once or twice a month. Thats with practising every night.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EngTR

Keep it up. That's a pretty good start. I particularly liked the bit where you said you pretend. What do you think would happen if you did this in earnest?

Nothing can make you better than you are. You are what you are. Why did you decide to try to meditate? Something spoke to you. You can call it curiosity or whatever else you like. It's all the same. The fact is, you did it. You found out something. How much more do you want to know? How much could you handle knowing before your belief system was called into question? How long until you had to admit that there is indeed a Creator?

I will tell you what happened in my fourth qigong class. We were doing our usual thing of relaxing, clearing the mind, practicing and then meditating. Our sifu (instructor) then said for us to let go and let the energy move us. All the others were moving around the room, miraculously not bumping into each other, but I was still. When we were still after the practice, I had suddenly felt myself become a long wall of a liquid but was at the same time metal. I had to open my eyes to check, the feeling was so real. Then when the meditation phase began I felt a smaller egg-shape and then a larger egg-shape light up in chest and belly, respectively. I then heard everything getting farther away and a sort of white noise came between me and my surroundings, as though I was in a waterfall. I felt that I had become a waterfall. My sifu came up behind me, gave me a push and said "let yourself move". I said "I am", and thought to myself "Silly man, you can't push a waterfall". Soon afterward he called for us to still our movements and to return to our starting position. At this point I felt myself become a tree. An evergreen. I genuinely felt my body turn to wood, rings and all; my arms and hands turn to branches and twigs replete with needles and cones.

There were other similar events in during that course. It wasn't long before my life changed entirely. It's still changing. Sometimes things are more dramatic, others less.

Your question is now "How much change can you take?" How much are you willing to see, to know, to accept? Are you willing to know what you know? Once these things happen, you'll never be able to go back. You will have faith. For a "rational" person, that's a jagged little pill. Once you're here though, it's more than you could ever ask for.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

I find your post intriguing for several reasons.

Don't give those entities the power that the term "demon" has given them. They are entities just like any other entity.

I find the deflection methods I have researched questionable at best. So much disinformation, if you aren't aware of a ritual, you could accidentally open yourself up more to these little buggers.

Visit my thread on the subject of these "demons":
Masses of Invisible Beings in Cities

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply. But the "problem" I do have goes along way deeper... They also anoy me when I goto sleep. Some time, most times they also annoy me when I am awake. I am sure that they are demons, because of my "experience" I had with Satan. I felt the "evil" for only a few moments, but that evil I had inside of me was builtup for the history of the world, and I felt it, I experienced it.

Originally posted by dunwichwitch

I find your post intriguing for several reasons.

Don't give those entities the power that the term "demon" has given them. They are entities just like any other entity.

I find the deflection methods I have researched questionable at best. So much disinformation, if you aren't aware of a ritual, you could accidentally open yourself up more to these little buggers.

Visit my thread on the subject of these "demons":
Masses of Invisible Beings in Cities

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I have seen them, they are always there. They are black'ish in colour, but they group in their millions. I have also seen the "other side" spirits like them. They are the colour of white, but when they "appear", it is always a small amount of them...And a nother thing is... I have also seen the blue blobs-dots, as those are rarer to see them. I do NOT know nothing about those types.

reply to post by dunwichwitch

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

We are referring to the same thing. I share your experiences, man. Crazy. Although I may not view it through the same Judaeo-Christian context as you... I do agree that there is an oversoul guiding them. You might call it "Satan". Interesting that we are essentially having the same experience!

EDIT: This is very very interesting. Is anybody jotting this exchange down on a piece of paper? Don't label that guy nuts!

[edit on 2-12-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Inrespect to you. Part of your ATS name has the word "witch". I thought, you were a witch, and that you knew about thease things. I also thought that you could "explain" them in more of a detail.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Nah its just an occult fictional book reference.....

I been meaning to change it. I am not a witch, but I can offer a suggestion, which I am working on at this very moment. Start practicing qigong energy cultivation. It doesn't require as much mental effort at first because certain moves and poses automatically generate energy regardless of whether you are in a deep meditative state or not. It will also help you clear your mind more and allow you to be able to ignore the annoyances during meditation. They might prick and poke at you, even give you head pains (that's the worst in my opinion) but they are looking for your reaction. If you give no reaction, it has no effect on your state of mind.

Qigong, and study psionics as well. Don't mess around with occult rituals. I don't trust them. Too much disinformation associated with it... too much dependence upon calling this or that entity. Qigong and psionics is pure you.

EDIT:

Sorry to the OP. Hijack of thread was not intentional.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

You didnot hijack or lowjack the thread. The thread is about "Meditation experience", and what you describe does belong in with the Meditation experience that you shared with us all. I have never heard of "Qigong and psionics", maybe I should check them out on Wiki OR/AND Google.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Erm...can someone tell me what happened up there? I was the one who wrote about qigong. Meditation is germane to both this thread and qigong. There is nothing occult about it.

As for demons, they are easy to control. You simply love them to bits. It changes their energy and renders them completely docile and benign. I really don't know what you two have been smoking but perhaps a little less of it is in order. Where the hell did psionics come in?

You both just steered this thread into a lamp post.
Perhaps a mod could do clean-up?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EngTR

Alter of dignity? Do you know what board you have stumbled on? We all sound crazy here.

I have never been able to meditate, but I do think... I think a lot, which may make up for it.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Inrespect. The Author of the thread would have a greater say then you, if the Author doesn't like what is written, then the Author could ask the Mods.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I saw a light descend from above and a vision of four people out of focus and the most intense feeling of comfort and being happy – difficult to explain. Did I connect with my soul?, I don’t know I’m just an engineer with a curious mind!

Oh freaking crp!

That's no way fkn possible!

I had such a feeling of comfort and happiness. It was like if i had touched pure freedom. Like if I was one with nature. It was the most happy moment of my entire life. I've never reached such kind of happiness before nor after. It came to me in a dream. To put it short, 4 guys were walking around my house, they came by my bedroom while i was asleep, they walk away to the yard, i go with them, they start flying away and i start flying away with them. At that point i become aware i was dreaming, i feel my body levitating from my bed, i freak out, i have a sleep paralysis and for half a minute, instead of a normal sleep paralysis, it felt like my legs were paralyzed on the bed while the rest of the body was also paralyzed, but a bit distant from the bed.

Anyway, the feeling i had while i felt i was levitating from the bed, before freaking out and paralyzing, was the most happy moment of my life.

The strange in your story is the description you make of it and how it resembles what i felt.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Thanks for all replies again, I know that what I wrote here maybe hard for some to swallow, but these are things experienced not dreamt up. Laugh if you want - I care not. I came on here only to share what I have experienced with others and to hear similar stories as I am interested in other peoples 'methods' of meditation and experiences. If this thread encourages others to start meditation then fantastic.

CosmicEgg - thanks for your input here, I have also heard what sounds like a waterfall or white noise in the distance. Also during certain stages of med, I have felt like my body was changing shape, go figure!.

EngTR

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join