It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

02/12/2008 Apocalyptic Skies over North Pole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hi everyone fist time posting my own thread, been on the site for a few weeks and there seems to be a lot of doom and gloom when it comes to clouds i.e contrails
. I saw these pictures on the daily mail website today and would like to share as they are the most beautifull scary skies I have ever seen. I wish I was there it looks like a mix of Mordor and the End of Time.

www.dailymail.co.uk... nland.html

i.dailymail.co.uk...

i.dailymail.co.uk...

The pictures where taken in the Inuit community of Qaanaaq, about 800 miles from the North Pole, when the apocalyptic cloud colouring began over Inglefield Bay. An elderly Inuit hunter said he had never seen such a sky before in all his life

Sort of makes you humble at the terrible beauty of nature

[edit on 12.1.2008 by On the level]

[edit on 12.1.2008 by On the level]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

That was a really beautiful picture. Cat Man

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
in my proffesional opinion (baring in mind i couldnt actually see this on the daily mail site) someone loaded up photoshop and used the liquify brush. Not only does the image look heavily like this has been applied, but the quality of the clouds appears different to the ice and sea below it. It looks more like a painting than a photo, which is a trait also of the liquify brush. They are without any doubt in mind, utterly fake. Obviously, you are open to interpret them as you wish but give me a shot of the artic sea and i could mock you those up in less than 5 minutes...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Wow, those pictures really look like the "End of The World" type thing going on. Good pictures though, they're beautiful. I wish i were there to see that.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by h1satsu]

top topics

join