It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India 'had warning of attacks'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

India 'had warning of attacks'

english.aljazeera.net

Indian authorities were warned about a possible attack by sea - much like the one on Mumbai last week - several months ago, Al Jazeera has learnt.

Al Jazeera obtained a document believed to be an intelligence report that warned the government and police of impending attacks by well-armed and well-trained fighters with possible links to Pakistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
With the inclusion of this evidence things are starting to look bleak. If they wanted to create India's '9/11' they have done it. The speculation that surrounds 9/11 will also surround this.

Even I am questioning the validity of these attacks. The more information comes out the more I am leaning towards the side of False Flag. Yet India said they had no prior knowledge that these attacks would take place?

-Ign0RanT

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Taken from the source:

In the first of a series of attacks, two young men armed with assault rifles had managed to spray bullets in the city's crowded main train station despite more than 60 patrolling police officers.

"The way Mumbai police handled the situation, they were not combat-ready," Jimmy Katrak, a security consultant, said. "You don't need the Indian army to neutralise eight to nine people."

News that the government may have been warned about a possible attack is likely to increase pressure on New Delhi, which is already being criticised for not responding adequately to the attacks on its financial centre.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

If this report is authentic, How many people actually reviewed the report?

How many other reports were reviewed?

I would not be surprised if there were thousands of reports of potential terrorist acts. How many are actually reviewed? How many actually have national security resources spared in regards to them?

I would not be surprised if the number is overwhelming and simply impossible to address by inadequate resources.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
i think it's possibly gotten to the stage where it doesn't really matter to the main players who actually commits what acts and where.

terrorist attacks are a certainty these days so presumably all factions are geared up to use various media to put their own spin on any events and use it to their best advantage.

there don't seem to many, if any, with clean hands in the middle east or even the US so letting others do the dirty work wouldn't be beneath them or even anything new. they seem to simply not care how many innocents get killed in their crazy war games.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I understand what your saying, these terrorists threats are so common and the blame shouldn't be solely on India. Although the families of the victims won't see it that way. All they will see is an incompetent government that failed to protect it's citizens.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
All you guys are discussing this attack on Mumbai or India, this time so seriousy because, Western Citizens died in these attacks. Jewish people died in This attack.

But, if you guys go a little bit into the History of India and Pakistan.

Indians, yelled out at the top of their voice since past 60-50 years that Stop this madness of terrorism. They had been left with no choice but to join USSR(erstwhile). When US aided Pakistan in its Military programmes.

India has been fighting Islamic terrorists since 1948. They are in the situation of Israel in that region.

I have many Indian friends , they are some of the highly intellectual people on planet earth. At the same time they are cautious enough not to sound arrogant.
Well, thats another story. I better stick to this topic.

3 of my German co-nationals died this time. As much I know their culture, Indians have a philosophy; "Guest is God!"
And many of their Guests died in this attack. My Indian friends say, that

"The present Congress Govt wins elections on the basis of minority appeasement.i.e, they bank on moslem votes. Everytime , the Intelligence agency of India comes up with an information, the Security ministry has been ignoring it delibrately. Because a lot of local hardline islamic establishments have to be disturbed, this will lead to a negative image of the Congress party amongst the minority, and would lead to loss of votes."

Rest is very clear for one to understand how the dynamics are working and why inspite of being experts in tracking and dealing with terrorists the Indians failed to prevent these attacks in the past 4 years under the UPA or Congress led government.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
"Al Jazeera obtained a document believed to be an intelligence report"

It could easily be fake.
Al Jazeera always say this kind of stuff.
And make carefully sure to put "Believed to be".

top topics

join