It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Forum Removal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Would it be possible to delete the religious forum. Heres some reasons:

1. its suppose to be conspiracies, but I can count on one hand how many were conspiracy related since the day I joined.

2. It causes more trouble and fights more than anything else on ats.

Im just #ing tired of it. Can I get a hell yeah?- Stone Cold

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I rarely post on that forum, but I dont think it should be removed.

I do agree with you in both points you made though.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I mean, the only reasons its there was to keep ycon from posting her brian # on the regular forums. shes gone, let it go with her.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Its like anything else, dawg, if you dont like it dont be a part of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
no need to remove it completely, once in a blue moon something good comes out of it (or funny
)

If anything it should just be banised into a corner like the Mud Pit.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Its like anything else, dawg, if you dont like it dont be a part of it.

Well put SpittinCobra.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
In such, how many of those topics not conspiracy related fall under the 'grandfather clause' since these two separate forum clarification (forum intent and purpose) announcements?
Conspiracies in Religion & Spiritualism (FORUM UPDATE)
Forum for Conspiracy Only

One was posted on 3/8/2004 and another on 3/2/2004, just a mere 6 days separation. With the advent of the 'intent and purpose' of these forums, those existing threads not conspiracy related, and are before the clarification date(s), fall under the grandfather clause and are not necessarily removed from the forum.

seekerof

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Why not lead by example....and find a Conspiracy in Religion..

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
No!! How bout we remove you?? lol jk. But seriously, I think it should be kept up, if you dont like it, you dont have to look at it or read the threads from it. That simple.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Well I still argue that Religion itself could be a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

I would say all of religion is a conspiracy, a conspiracy of control.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
hehehe SpittinCobra, great minds...(finish) eh?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
do as i do dont even bother with it i dont think ive even been into or ever posted in that section before since I joined

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
hehehe SpittinCobra, great minds...(finish) eh?

Thats funny....

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Well I still argue that Religion itself could be a conspiracy.

Damn Right it is!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I really see no need to remove it completly. I mean you can easily ignore what's coming out of it if you don't like it.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
In such, how many of those topics not conspiracy related fall under the 'grandfather clause' since these two separate forum clarification (forum intent and purpose) announcements?

Here�s one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let me define conspiracy for everyone. a conspiracy is a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful. I do understand how some subjects like aliens and other fit, but stuff like this shouldn�t be here, and neither should this forum. I guess it will never be removed. I was going to post this about a month ago but hesitated and decided not to because of the �drama� it might create. I understand now I should have listened to my gut instinct from the first time.

Peace, Shadow

*edit- Open Tag*

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by theshadowknows]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yes theshadowknows, you should listen to your gut a bit more...in such, what was the date on the thread?
And what was the date of the first announced clarification on the 'intent and purpose' for the forum given?

BTW, when you looked up the definition of "conspiracy", did you lok up "grandfather clause" also?

Your opinion is noted TSK.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I agree with the, If you don't like it don't be a part of it. I use to post in there alot, before ET3-FieryIce started pissing me off. I ignored it for awhile then went back. I agree most of the posts are not related to being a conspiracy per sa' , however you can make a conspiracy out of any major religion. Some threads deal with the end times in one way or another, which leads back to the NWO etc etc.. RFID chips, Fallen Angels, War, Manmade Virus', I could go on. In one way or another it goes to some sort of conspiracy (IMO) and some times it does get heated in there, but it gets me thinking more. I think if anything the Mods of the forum need to move anything not deemed as relating to a conspiracy to BTS, but I would first u2u the Author of the thread for any reason they think it should not be moved, and use best judgement from there.

Trick

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Keep it alive, since I joined in Aug. of 2003, it has done good, and many people have posted their personal thoughts and beliefs there - from atheists to satanists to conspiracy theorists to followers of God and Jesus, keep it alive! It is a good learning experience for many, many are enlightened, and I think it sparks some of the BEST debates ATS ever sees...

So, with no pun intended, BY GOD - KEEP IT ALIVE!

-wD

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join