It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is the last time you had a nightmare ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What does it mean if you have a lot of nightmares ?
What does it mean if never have a nightmare ?

Speaking for myself I have not had a nightmare in over 17 years , and have had a total of 2 nightmares in the last 20 something years , does this " mean " anything ?

Please share your thoughts and experiences in this matter .

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i have nightmares just about every night.

but it depends on how you define them.

my nightmares are mainly of people from my past, but because i hate everyone from my past they are nightmares.

i take who i know very seriously now because of this. i call them nightmare people.

i think my life has been manipulated by bosses and landlords etc to keep me away from nice people and only expose me to nightmare people. Same reason i have never been near a nice girl, i might enjoy my life. I think dreams and nightmares are critical to understanding how our society works. when we get old all we have left is our dreams, however if they were poisoned by evil governments then we are as good as dead.

when your young you cant possibly understand all that. and when your old its too late.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I haven't had a nightmare in a long time. I was thinking about this just the other day. I had terrible nightmares up until about two years ago. Since then, there's been one time where I've had the experience of a dream that's starting to turn for the worst...... I remember in the dream, I was waiting for a subway, and when the subway pulled up, a man was staring at me through the window, and his face started to turn into a rotted demonic corpse's face. I noticed that all I did to change it back to normal was say "No I don't think so!" to myself, and boom back to normal.

You may have developed some lucidity in your dream state which you are not aware of while awake.

EDIT:

You prolly know the feeling.... you're in a relatively happy dream, and then you get like this fear creeping up that almost seems like vertigo or something.... and then BAM it's turned into corpses and demons and ghosts and monsters.

I wonder if possibly you have had any spiritual awakenings or philosophical epihonies which have really affected you around the time you stopped having these nightmares?

[edit on 28-11-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Nightmares are all I have. I either have nightmares or I don't remember anything at all. My nightmares are also so messed up that I should becaome a writer for horror and gore movies. I would make some unforgetable horror movies.

That is how bad they are and they are all I remember. I'm starting to worry if there is some sort of underlying problem within me.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Actually i must say congrats !!!. I think you must have a inner peace if you're hardly ever have any nightmares... Thats just how i see it. If you mention dreams of all kind, this should be good for the soul, some one said. Sometimes in dreams you can "fix" problems... Clear the mind.
Nightmares i had screaming nightmares lots of times untill i moved from home. Huge plants in front of bed i don't get along with. Years ago while watching Aliens, woke up every night seeing the plant as "alien".
After reading about and watching videos with aliens, it started again (another plant). Even after i moved it round a corner the "alien" , keept looking out. LOL. After i reduced being engaged about the aliens, it stopped. Well somehow i guess it's normal to dream about something that you're engaged in. Something thats on you're mind. Maby the mood you're in sets the character of dreams. If you deny conflicts, they may come after you at night. If you pretend everything is okay, but its not, it can hunt you as well...

[edit on 28-11-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyFox_79

Do you see horror movies ?. I did see many horror movies, but never had a single nightmare about those... I feel so sorry for you, but as you can see in my bad english post, i'm not good with advice...One only : keep the light turned on

new topics

top topics

join