It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to prove that time travel doesn't exist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This excersize should prove to you that time travel does not exist;

Write your self a note on a piece of paper to meet yourself at a certain time and place in case time travel becomes possible in your lifetime and store it somewhere where you wont lose it.

I can guarantee that nothing will happen.

In my humble opinion this proves that time travel will not be available to us in our lifetimes.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hate to tell you but it does exist, Einstein hasn't been proven wrong.
Also it is stated here in the akashic records where there is no such thing as time.

As stated by Edgar Cayce and a few others i cant think of off hand. Also proven by yourself in dreams you have in the astral world when 2 minutes seem like hrs or even days.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It is my personal opinion that you are a very close-minded individual.

Maybe time travel is possible, just that you can't interact with the surroundings while "travelling" due to some law we are nowhere near discovering yet.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Plus we have already time traveled...well an astronaut anyway..dont know the exact number but it was pretty small....0.0001 seconds small or another obscene small number of seconds.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Actually you can prove that time travel is theoretically possible.

Light can travel backwards in time as it moves forward in time.
So maybe revise your statement to say "time travel for humans, not currently possible".

Full size image here

Full article here

thank you, come again

[edit on 27-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You can view the past.This is how you do it....look at the sun.It takes 8 hrs I think for sun light to travel to earth. So the sun you see is at least 8 hours in the past.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tricky63
You can view the past.This is how you do it....look at the sun.It takes 8 hrs I think for sun light to travel to earth. So the sun you see is at least 8 hours in the past.

Your always living in the past,by the time it takes light to enter retina flip round image,decode and give a picture...no matter how small...it still takes time....so we are always in the past,theres no present.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I seem to remember a scientific experiment / surgery that effectively demonstrated precognitive abilities.

Not the same as time travel but interesting nonetheless.

I think it would be more likely to VIEW the past, rather than going back and experiencing it.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Write your self a note on a piece of paper to meet yourself at a certain time and place in case time travel becomes possible in your lifetime and store it somewhere where you wont lose it.

I don't get it. Because of the possible repercussions (or "prepercussions"), and because time travel would likely be very expensive to accomplish, I can't imagine I'll ever get the opportunity to personally travel in time. It would likely be a very secret, secure process, designed to minimize all possible damage to the future. Not some chair I sit in and whoosh I'm off to the past.

What you might see sent from the future or alternate realities are probes that appear for brief periods to take measurements or perform some task, then basically "vanish," leaving behind no traces that could definitively prove what they were. Kind of like UFOs.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

I don't get it. Because of the possible repercussions (or "prepercussions"), and because time travel would likely be very expensive to accomplish, I can't imagine I'll ever get the opportunity to personally travel in time. It would likely be a very secret, secure process, designed to minimize all possible damage to the future. Not some chair I sit in and whoosh I'm off to the past.

What you might see sent from the future or alternate realities are probes that appear for brief periods to take measurements or perform some task, then basically "vanish," leaving behind no traces that could definitively prove what they were. Kind of like UFOs.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Nohup]

Nooo grandfather paradox has been discredited,you could do anything you want...it wont effect your universe.I can see myself having a fling with cleopatra and becoming galactic emperor,i heard she had a bad case of STD's though.Anyway if mallet is right,which i believe he is.We cant travel *back* further than when the space and time started twisting ie when the time machine is turned on...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
[edit on 6-12-2008 by anon9017]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

So basically when I do something on the sun ( i know i know its hot there ), and I travel back to earth in like 1 minute I can see myself on the sun doing what I did?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Meh, I've invented a device that lets me travel through time into the future. It's rather slow, though, just one second per second. I'm over two decades into the future from when I started.

It's the past that's the hard part.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

...we are already travelling through time but it depends on how you look at it:

Realities, Transitions and Shifts in Consciousness

Time

Time exists because my realities are measured. All other realities on this Planet are measured by time too, but some measures of time are different:

eg: I travel to another Country. When I get there I know that I will have to adjust my watch to the time that the new reality has set.
At what stage of the flight, do I change my watch? Do I do it when the plane lands or do I do it in midflight?

At some stage of the flight, I will be in the transition of time and reality.

I am existing in a concept of time that suits whatever reality I am in. I left one reality on this date and at this time but arrived on the same day in another reality.

Does it mean that I have 'time travelled'. Yes it does. But I am travelling within a concept.

World Clock

Current Time NY Tuesday, April 29, 2008 at 12:01:52 PM

Current Time Adelaide Wednesday, April 30, 2008 at 1:33:11 AM

Each reality states the time we are in. This time measurement if I embrace the NOW, or the moment means that I am exist already in the future.

What reality is going to reach 2012 based on this world clock first?

If I were to go to NY from Australia, then I would be going back in time. Perhaps I could write myself a note and read it on the same day, same time I wrote it?

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Your always living in the past,by the time it takes light to enter retina flip round image,decode and give a picture...no matter how small...it still takes time....so we are always in the past,theres no present.

Even without the example of light accessing our conssiousness, we are living in the past, but twitched towards future - the thing we perceive as "now".

Thre's an old experiment:
www.wariscrime.com... -for-what/ (the part about "Everything “now” happened already").

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
your post does not prove anything!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tricky63

8 minutes. It takes roughly 8 minutes for a light wave to reach the earth. So if you wanted, as another poster mentioned, to see yourself doing something on the sun from the earth, then I guess you would have to move faster than light to get back to earth in time to see it. After all, it takes us alot more than 8 minutes to get from the sun back to NASA!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The only way your example would be valid is if you had access to the time travel equipment or it was made available to the general public. Otherwise you still would be unable to time travel even if it was possible and the government had the capacity to do it.

What makes you think you'll be able to time travel even if the technology exists?

So, IMO unless you would have access to the technology, your test proves nothing.

I also believe that the effects of relativity on GPS satellites' atomic clocks, prove that time travel is at least possible, if not probable. But, I think we will only be able to go forward in time (like Planet of the Apes) and not backwards.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by TheComte]

[edit on 20-5-2009 by TheComte]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I do not think time travel is possible, I can't really explain why. But I do think that if it were possible, then it would not matter what was done in the past, because from the perspective of those living in the present, nothing would have changed.

In fact, I submit that it would be either that scenario, or that it is impossible for us to change the present by "changing" the past, simply because whatever happened in the past created this present, including the actions taken by me or anyone traveling back. If the present is what it is because of what happened back then, then a traveler going back would not make a bit of difference, or the present perspective of history would not appear to have changed.

Therefore: No worries! No time cops needed!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Did you not learn anything from Doc Brown?

If you see yourself it could have devastating effects on the space time continuam.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join