It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence in Scripture disproving god once and for all

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by trilateral_insignia

It seems to me that being Religious in any way in todays society is like believing the world is flat.

Hey OT here....

Are you being sarcastic in this sentence?

If not, I'll play....

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed.
As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation.
They talked about so many things and various subjects.
When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:
'I don't believe that God exists.'

'Why do you say that?' asked the customer. 'Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist.
Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people?
Would there be abandoned children?

If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain.
I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things.'
The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument.
The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop.

Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard.
He looked dirty and unkempt.

The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber:
'You know what? Barbers do not exist.'
'How can you say that?' asked the surprised barber.
'I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!'
'No!' the customer exclaimed. 'Barbers don't exist because
if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.'

'Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me.'
'Exactly!' affirmed the customer. 'That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! That's what happens when people do not go to God and don't look to Him for help. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world.'

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I see you are a little slow.

No problem kid... YOU'll GET A BRAIN SOMEDAY!!!

In fact perhaps not, it seems that you're one of those recently created R-tards who find LOLcats funny.

hoo mee eye doughnut nose wut yoo iz tokkin boot.

Oh and you ain't funny. Just lonely.

shall we play a game i call it the bold the ad-homonim game

7 in total congratulations

a couple of points there sweetpea,

im probabily older then you think

the fact all you brought to the conference were terribley poor ad-hominims, and you leet speek looks more like written geordie the great aura of intelligence doesnt seem to be shinning on you tonight skipper

and lolcats is terrible, ctrl+alt+del is far supperior

well i make my friends laugh so i guess i am both funny and not lonley, could that be projection on your part?

poor effort im afraid but have a nice day anyway

[edit on 9/12/08 by noobfun]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

ive got one of those for you too

there was a priest i shall call him Fred for anonimities sake
he was a very devoute priest had been for a little over 20 years
walked out of the church one night locked the doors behind him and crossed the street to get in his car, he had almost reached the far side when a speeding motorist shot aroun the corner skidded and hit him head on, he was rushed to hospital surgeons operated on him for 8 hours straight during that time he died twice. once was for a few seconds the second time he was out cold for 15 minutes but they managed to revive him. after a spell in ICU he was moved to a standard ward but he became worried, he had died and there had been nothing, no big white light no jesus to welcome him, so he began to read the bible like he never had before he picked it up and read it cover to cover and he realsied how much of his life he had wasted on a god that didnt exist and became a born again athiest. 3 months after leaving hospital he meet the love of his life through his new job, 6 months later they were married in a civil ceremony shortly after that he won the lottery and he and his wife are now both retired living happy loving lives

the morale of this story is if you post silly stories on line pretending they are in some way evidence of anything other then someone wrote a story your bieng childish and a little silly

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Hey watch this, it's short and let me know what you think....I like the guy (on the right) real inspiration for hairless men.....nah i like his vantage point...thoughts?

hell of a kick in the teeth for some christians and a well deserved one

i like this guy got a great and honest message, he would be a fantastic humanistic athiest
(couldnt resist)

we deffinatley need more people like him as advisors to the powers that be

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

In fact perhaps not, it seems that you're one of those recently created R-tards who find LOLcats funny.

Wow.
Someone's mommy forgot to pack her little angel a brownie...
How cute.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Yep, and then the customer came back and also affirmed, with his flawed logic, that Zeus, Aphrodite, Apollo, the flying spaghetti monster, and pink fairies exist (only when you need their help, of course).
But the argument is flawed because a barber is not all powerful or all knowing. God is.
The argument is also flawed because the fact that God's existence may be possible in no way means his existence is probable. That's why we use other arguments with substance to determine the probability, which, by the way, is extremely low.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

good thinking with the multi-verse, but the flaw to your logic is that god is all knowing, although he knows all the choices and outcomes that you can make, he still knows that which choice you will make, therefore it does not matter how many choices there is, he knows which choice you will choose, therefore is only one choice.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox

Wow.
Someone's mommy forgot to pack her little angel a brownie...
How cute.

Funking hell, was that the sneering Ted Haggard ? My brother's got a dog that sneers like him, you really feel like kicking his teeth back into shape (Ted that is, the dog's a non practicing muslim)

[edit on 10-12-2008 by moocowman]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I read your theory and see that you gave allot of thought. The problem is you like many people think as a human with a life span. First about free will, we make choices everyday in our lives that can go in many directions. God knows what we will choose, but that does not mean we have no choice. We make are choices based on what we know at the time. If God were to show you that at five pm when you crossed the street in front of your house you would be hit by a bus and die, you would most likely stay home and live. This would change the outcome of your death. The problem is God would have made your choice for you by showing you the future.

Second I think that people say his (God) will because they want to believe that they have a destiny, but i think it is more accurate that God is all knowing and that he has a final outcome in the end. If i die today, tomorrow, or 40 years from now, it would not change the end result.

Third, as for the going to hell before you were born. I think that is a very good question. Now look at your life and think about all your choices, every choice you make in life has affects on other lives. Every time you talk to someone, walk down the street, or go to work your life affects someone in small ways or great ways. When we meet someone we can either lead the to God or away from God. The choice is there for them to make, and if they go to hell for making the wrong choice that would only be their fault and maybe yours as well.

Last you say he could not change anything even if he wanted too, because he is powerless due to free will. Again to restate the obvious your not looking at the big picture. I saw a movie once that made me really think about how things work. In the movie the world was to be destroyed due to a bill on nuclear weapons being passed in congress. the bill was passed due to 1 congressman not showing up and voting because he was visiting his wife in the hospital. A man is sent back in time to put a quarter in a parking meter, this stopped the earth from being destroyed. The person who owned the car got a ticket and went to fight it in court, while talking to someone at the courthouse, they had set their briefcase down. A woman tripped over the briefcase falling down the stairs. The woman was the wife of the congressman. The meaning is that a small act can cause a different outcome. A small act does not affect free will, we make a different choice due to what we know at the time.

Remember we make the world what it is. All the horrible things that happen are because of the choices we make. We as a people will be our own downfall.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hey guys, took a few days off to work on the o'l house we just bought...

I got some catching up to do...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tcbtom
reply to post by nj2day

Your comment of : "2) Since I've established taking parts of the bible figuratively unravles the entire religion itself, the bible is not the true word of god, as god is perfect."

You are stating that god wrote the bible....the bible is written by man and man alone...the only thing God set in stone was the 10 Commandments....therefore any and all translations to the bible are written by man, interpreted by man, and lost in translation over periods of time, including your interpretation. So basically your argument is null and void.

Great argument!

However, that would mean that basing a religion off of a text that has lost its original meaning means the religion isn't even "valid" in the eyes of the founders of the faith. This also means that all arguments stating that something is true because the bible says so, is also completely null.

If the bible isn't valid... what justification can we possibly have for believing in CHristianity?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
Hey guys, took a few days off to work on the o'l house we just bought...

I got some catching up to do...

hey buddy hows the decorting going?

you had OT worried mailing me to see if you were ok as you vanished, bless him

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

its slow going... really slow going... every time I tear something apart to fix it... I discover something really neat-o about the house... and want to restore it. LOL

the latest discovery was a tin ceiling above another ceiling... the tin dates back to 1898... so now, instead of just painting the ceiling, I'm tearing it out to uncover the tin

next is the LOOOONG process of buffing/sanding/polishing then priming/painting roughly 350 square feet of Tin ceiling... all by hand, because machines would destroy em... sigh...

its fun... or at least I keep telling myself that
I just keep invisoning the house after its fully restored to victorian standards to keep myself going and focused lol.

Yah, OT shot me a U2U as well
I shot him one today explaining why i've been away LOL

I'll have to let people know next time I take time off so that OT doesn't worry
(sorry again OT!)

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

and in the days to come when you are faced with insurmountable odds against you is some way as life has a way of doing, how will you handle it?? You see, there are no atheists in foxholes, no even you my friendly foe.

Well, I know that God is establishing his divine appointment for your life at this very moment so you can meet him person to person. Trust me, I don't know how he's going to it, and it's not my place to know, but, trust me, it's going to happen soon. Take note when he 'knock's' on the door of your heart. God has no qualms about making the first comment as an ice breaker to start a conversation. He's going to remove all the excuses.

but, it's just all coincidences...right?

[edit on 13-12-2008 by Komodo]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

and in the days to come when you are faced with insurmountable odds against you is some way as life has a way of doing, how will you handle it??
by doing what i have done

by standing up on my own two feet, by taking responsability for my actions, by caring for other people not just the ones that read the same book i do, by speaking up against injustice and untruths even if they are common held beliefs

by bieng honest with my self and others i speak to, by accepting reality not forming my own buble of unreality and ignoring anything that doesnt fit or calling it the will of god so i can ignore it

there are no atheists in foxholes, no even you my friendly foe.
there are many both in real and metaphorical foxholes my friend another lie you choose to accept,

we stand by our convictions and honesty and face reality, no need for imaginary sky daddies to make it all better, no heaven to pretend exists so we dont have to fear death we face it head on and accept

which takes more courage? believing thiers an invisiable sky daddy coming to collect us to party down with our ghost if we die, so its a big thing but hey you get to meet god

or knowing if we die thats it theres probabily nothing else, when an athiest sacrifices his life its a real sacrifice there aint no comming back no second life in magic land, and still 1 in 5 soldiers in the US army are atheists and agnostics and stand firm in thier honesty

74% of Britians population doesnt believe in a personal god, so in any battle in any war or peace keeping action 7 of every ten do it knowing theres probabily nothing after they die, they face reality and take it head on becasue they beleive its what you do in this life that counts the people you help the sacrifices they make to try and make a better world or at least keep the people at home safe

no athiests in foxholes? you spit on these tens of thousands of service men who fight to keep you and i safe, to try and stabalise areas to relieve the suffering of others, and if you spit on 1 good soldier you spit on them all

Well, I know that God is establishing his divine appointment for your life at this very moment so you can meet him person to person.
he better bring body armour, and whole pile of paperwork becasue he has a lot to to answer for

Trust me, I don't know how he's going to it, and it's not my place to know, but, trust me, it's going to happen soon.
yes why take responsability when it can be all some divine plan of an imaginary bieng, who is so merciful he allows the killing and torture of children in his name and does nothing, he lets millions starve and suffer diseaese because he is to merciful to help

face reality, its scary but its a dam site better then hiding in your fox hole burying your head in the mud at every little sound

God has no qualms about making the first comment as an ice breaker to start a conversation. He's going to remove all the excuses.
no he is going to have to answer for his actions and i wont accept weak excuses

there is nothing in this to be a coincidence, that would require 2 or more actual events that appear to be realted

you telling me you have an imaginary friend and he wants to talk to me isnt a coincidence thats called sharing a delusion

and if jesus is real which i really dought how well do you draw up to his expectations? how much of his word you actually follow? and how much of it the churches?

watch this then behonest with your self and most importantly think about it how much of this do you REALLY follow and is it for all or just the ones of your choosing?

now watch this one, if you want to understand the mind of an athiest watch this and think about it

step out of the bubble and give reality a try, its scary at first but the cold light of day is more warming and invigorating then hiding in the dark at the back of a cave

[edit on 13/12/08 by noobfun]

[edit on 13/12/08 by noobfun]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by noobfun

You see, there are no atheists in foxholes, no even you my friendly foe.

I must respectfully ask that you retract this statement...

I enlisted in the military in 1999, and served for 6 years. I spent my fair share of time in a foxhole in several different locations in what we called "the sandbox".

Your statement is actually offensive to me, as an Atheist who spent 6 years in a foxhole.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Well, I know that God is establishing his divine appointment for your life at this very moment so you can meet him person to person.

Yay.

I can't determine if something is a coincidence or not until it happens.
I'm waiting...

reply to post by noobfun

You sure love those videos don't you noobfun
To bad I have dial up :'(.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

some people have an eloquence of words and images i cant rival, so i just borrow thier genius a little when it fits

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthParadox
You sure love those videos don't you noobfun
To bad I have dial up :'(.

Wow! dialup! If you spend a few of your ATS points, you can turn on the "low bandwidth" mode in the ATS store... won't help with the videos... but should help you surf here faster

I like noobs videos! I'm just amazed he can find them so fast lol

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join