It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had the weirdest "dream"...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I used to have very odd occurrences in my early 20's. Absolutely nothing since until last week.

Woke up once with a hole in my navel among other things happening back then...

Okay. I think it was last Tuesday (my BF's day off) I needed a nap and fell asleep with no trouble at all. Only thing that had been on my mind is the RVing I'm atttempting to do to find Caylee Anthony.

At some point I am pretty sure I was awakened (not completely but enough) by someone pressing rather hard on my left side.

It was hard, and I didn't wake up completely to it though...instead I rolled over and feigned sleep, thinking it was my BF trying to wake me up.

The first thought in my mind was NOT that it was my BF.

My very first thought...and I was aware of the thought so I know I was relatively awake...was "Oh no it's happening again."

No panic, no attempt to open my eyes...though I felt capable of doing so. I was awake enough to rationalize that it was my BF...rolled over and played "dead" (I was being lazy and didn't want to get up...very very sluggish that day).

There were four distinct "jabs" on my left abdomen but it felt like someone pushing down with fingers (like when you're at the Doc and they do a quick abdomen feel about...).

The pressure of the "jabs" was enough to be uncomfortable but not painful.
Then I felt something brush against my leg, after I rolled over.

I lay there for a few minutes. Listening for the sound of the door closing again (if my BF had come in he would have had to open the door and it squeaks). Nothing.

By this point I'm wide awake and rolled onto my back. The door was still closed.

I tried pushing on my abdomen in the same spot, to see how hard one would have to push to create that same discomfort. And to see if it was possible I'd just been pressing on my own belly while I slept (I was asleep on my back) and there is really no way it was me doing it without knowing I was doing it.

I was pretty awake after the first poke and they were roughly a second or two apart at most. My right arm was above my head with my right hand behind my head jammed under the pillow and my left hand was rested on my chest.

I suppose I could have pressed on my own belly but I'm pretty certain that I'd have been aware of it due to the discomfort I felt...

To be 100% honest I was totally unnerved and I'm not entirely sure why.

I has been almost what...15 years since anything "odd" happened while I slept. Why was my #1 thought that "it's happening again"?

It...sleep issues, night terrors, waking up bruised, waking with a hole in the navel, waking with clothes on the wrong way and all sheets stripped off the bed..."odd" stuff.

I don't sleepwalk, never have. rarely have nightmares...

Anyway, I didn't ask my man right away about it. I didn't really want to know. I asked him several hours after I'd gotten up that day and he'd said no. Then he asked why the heck he'd come in and jab me in the gut in the first place? he'd woken me up that way once before and accidentally got punched...so he usually touches my foot at a safe distance. LMAO.

I wondered if it was one of the cats but they were both out in the living room with him. I was alone in the bedroom snoozing.

What I find disturbing is that this happened while I was in a near awake state. Alert enough to attempt to rationalize the feeling of being "jabbed" and making a conscious decision to roll over and ignore it. I was awake enough to assume it was my BF. So why, while in this rational state, would my very first thought be, "it's happening again."?????

It was a weird sensation...I felt sooooo tired, very sluggish. I felt like I could have opened my eyes...but still I figured why bother it's just the man trying to wake me from my nap.

Might sound like nothing at all, but it's highly unusual the way it happened.

I don't think I'm explaining it well. I keep trying to figure out WHY it doesn't compute as "normal" when it should.

I was tired and didn't want to get up, dreamed I was being prodded and ignored it. That should be fine because it makes sense.

Except for the fact that I would not be able to press on my own dang abdomen while asleep and be able to feel it as though it was someone else doing it right? Awake enough to feel being prodded with enough force to be uncomfortable, but asleep enough to be doing it myself???

it was the prodding feeling that caused me to start waking...so HOW can I be awake and aware of discomfort but NOT aware of who it is that's causing it???. (Assuming that most skeptics including me will ask if it's possible I was pushing on my own gut and just not aware of it...)

This has been bothering me all week. There has been nothing remotely odd since this. All sleep normal.

Who was pushing on my abdomen? Who brushed my leg (downward from the knee and along the shin on the left leg)?

I didn't have the classic earmarks of sleep paralysis. (I could move and I did roll over, I did not have a wave of panic and did not feel "frozen" or incapacitated at all) Just really really foggy and tired.
It wasn't a night terror or bad dream.
I was awake and alert enough to rationalize what it may have been and concluded it was my BF (which it was not, nor was it the cats)
By the time the second jab was occuring I was already awakened by the sensation of discomfort and felt the last two jabs.
I felt sooooo tired I just wanted to sleep and not get up
my first thought was "it's happening again" but it was so matter of fact with just a hint of dread/irritation. (kinda like when the toast falls jam side down and you KNEW it was going to)

If you read this far, how about some input? Sorry it was long winded, it just bothers me that it's not making sense.

Maybe it was just gas?

:shk:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
i honestly think that your were in a lucid state. Being that the fact is you were asleep but still conscious, making decisions , and feeling pain. now it is possible you bruised your self , on your leg or on your side but not likely since you said you never had that problem. But it is all in your mind, the reason i think you might be in a lucid state is because you said "it is happening again". thats you telling you hey im dreaming and its been a while , now it is also quite possible that when being in a lucid dream state that you thought about pain and that is was real could cause the brain or mind to think of pain and associate it causing your bruises. the mind is very powerful every one knows that. so next time keep that in mind try to change to what you want if your afraid of flying then fly, afraid of heights? then jump off a cliff all in your dreams. They say that in some studied people who have night terrors all their life started to practice lucid dreaming and every time they had a night mare they just simply manipulated the dream to whatever they wanted heres a quote i would like for you to think about and please post any more dreams that you have............

“Whatever you hold in your mind will tend to occur in your life. If you continue to believe as you have always believed, you will continue to act as you have always acted. If you continue to act as you have always acted, you will continue to get what you have always gotten. If you want different results in your life or your work,or your dreams all you have to do is change your mind.”

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hmmmm...lucid dreaming of being prodded?

The lucid dreaming theory has already been applied to a few things that used to occur while I slept back in my twenties.

It's been calm since about age 27-28. Nothing out of the ordinary until lately and just this one occurrence.

I am pretty sure I've OOBE or astral traveled or whatever the "new age" PC term is for it now a days. Very different from dreaming and that I do with some frequency so i am very familiar with the sensations.

This was unlike any lucid dream I have ever had. For the most part I was almost entirely awake after the first prod/jab...I was just groggy and just wanted to go back to sleep. Which I did not do. I rolled over and listened for the door to close...which it never did (because it had never opened to begin with).

It's very out of place with anything that I have experienced and that is why it is really confusing.

I'd say no to lucid dreaming just based on how awake I was...there are different levels of alertness I am aware, but I was pretty aware after the first jab LOL. I kept my eyes closed fully expecting that it was was just my BF (after I started to rationalize the first jab - barely a second that took)

Lucid dreams can be applied to bruising to a degree...depends on where they are and how extensive or deep the bruise.

Finger marks are a bit harder to explain away though (which i used to wake up with on rare occasions)...kinda hard to grab your right upper arm with your own right hand ain't it?

Anyway...this was different than a lucid dream - I do know the difference

I was more upset at the first reaction of being worried it was happening again. For the record I greatly enjoy dreaming and OOBE. Was a bit scary at first but seeing as I am afraid to fly LMAO I simply travel via basements and stairs. Funny huh? I have an old thread here describing the most vivid OOBE I have ever had...was very cool.

Sound stupid but I got there through a locker room with multiple doors.

More recent OOBE have me going into cellars...spooky and dark and picking doors to go through. Not afraid of cellars - just spiders - oddly enough I never encounter any spiders in any of the places I visit
Good thing too.

Thanks for the inspirational quote. Right along the lines of my belief system!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well, JustGeneric ...
I have no real knowledge on this subject, just tons of internet research....

But my first response to your dream was... That it sounded like an encounter with an alien, like an abduction or something. That was the only thing that made sense, or a demonic encounter ... but you didn't seem afraid, so that didn't make sense.

This video of the Jim Sparks interview from Project Camelot made alot of sense to me. He describes alien encounters in the most detail that I have heard from anyone.

He describes this fear effect that we pick up on that is just from an alien being near us. Perhaps your "Oh no, its happening again", was a remembered response to something extraterrestial.

Or, maybe it was an extremely high level of meditation. Alot of the 2012 prophecy stories entail an awakening of abilities, like perhaps kundilini awakening.
Perhaps the jabs were to get you to open your eyes.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Thanks threeD

I almost barfed a bit in my mouth at the mention of Project Bullcrapalot...anything having to do with "those" folks sends up instant red flags.

The alien thing...yeah well see that was actually what I was worried about. I don't refer to myself as an abductee (for I have no solid proof of such) I prefer to call myself an experiencer...this leaves things open for further investigation

From childhood and into my early twenties I had weird things happen that as hard as I try I can't conclude that modern science has explained neatly. Some things seem to fit but leave more unanswered questions.

It's been a long time researching and reading and talking to other people.

I will watch the video thank you for pointing it out, though the Camelot reference makes me instantly skeptical (sorry).

Bill's whole Slurpa BS still makes me nauseous just thinking about it LMAO.

All sleep normal since that night of prodding. I wish I had just opened my damn eyes.

Woulda shoulda coulda huh?

May just set up the cam while we sleep anyway...the BF has a terrible snoring problem he's trying to ignore and figured a tape of it might help him realize how bad it really is.

Thanks again...I'll post my response to the video after I watch it.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, Justgeneric,
I really enjoyed Jim Sparks interviews.... particularly the long ones that he did on c2c radio, I think it was called "The Keepers" or inside look at the Keepers, or something to that effect.

But, it really detailed many facets of the abduction experience... (assuming that Jim Sparks is telling the truth of course).

It is from these interviews that he details the fear response, and their teaching systems.

Quite intriguing in my opinon...

Good Luck

-Three Deuce -

p.s. Heres a link to the interview that I enjoyed the most..
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join