It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibility of US splitting up because of Economy??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yes I hope California becomes it's own country,you can pretty much grow anything here,nice weather,and we would have borders in place to keep the star struck out of towners from comming here with intentions of becomming movie stars,say what you want but the US needs California

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus24
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

nice job linking up a video that gets so much praise from idiot racists. kudos to you.

but i digress...
The possible ramifications of a split United States would shake the world balance of power leaving a power vacuum which was occupied by arguably the world's sole dominant power. We'd automatically lose both wars in the middle east and we'd leave Europe unprotected and open to a potential agressive Russian government's attack...it would impoverish certain fragments of the former Union which depended on the higher tax paying states which allowed the federal gov. to spread said tax money to less fortunate states, and it would leave the fragmented union ripe for conquest by a rival nation *China or Russia*. It all sounds great when people are saying "lets kick them liberal states out of the union and reform a new confederacy" but when you look at the gist of it, boy would said people be royally screwed if it really happened.

I am an american indian, and have hispanics in my family.

No racism is intended by the video.

The words of the mayor of LA are his own, not mine.

They have put a map of Aztlan in the school books handed
out to the hispanic children in the southern California schools.

Look into it, and you will see this is not about racism.

Kudos to you for being a moron.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

You state that a breakup of the US would alter the Balance of Power by leaving a power vacuum. You suggest that we'd lose both ME wars and leave Europe vulnerable to Russian aggression. You further state that we'd be more susceptible to attack here in the States.

That loud sucking noise would in fact alter the Balance of Power. So? Now the two big boys on the block, Russia and China, with common borders would be eyeing each other pretty hard. Leave us out of it.

Europe? The same ones that criticize the US at every opportunity? The same ones who work their crooked deals in direct conflict with the interests of the US at every turn? Screw 'em. Let them figure it out. They get run over by Russians, then they asked for it.

As far as losing the two ME wars, those ungrateful bastards are wanting us to leave. So they can pucker up and smooch my rosy red rektim. Let them return to the ignorance, tribal killings, and misery those people seem to prefer.

As far as someone engaging in a conquest here in the States, as long as it was Southern California or the ultra liberal northeastern US, so what? Southern California alone would break Mexico within two years!

Seriously, the federal government was originally designed to provide for the common defense, establish a common money system, and provide for the general welfare.

Not welfare in general. Not social programs. Not foreign aid. Not self-perpetuating federal agencies.

The separate groups can reestablish funds for the three original intents of a federal government, and deny them any further rights or funding, leaving all other government responsibilities to the states. As originally intended!

But get these leeches off our backs! The burden is already too great to bear.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by dooper]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Would you REALLY want to live in the SE US if the US was broken into regions? Talk about the most as-backwards part of the US. The SE would be screwed without the NE and West coast - what are you thinking?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by troos1

Backwards? Compared to the rust-belt?

Actually, in the event of a regional breakup, you'd see a lot of the little remaining industry relocating to the South. No life-sucking unions for one. You'll note that the UAW has sucked the last life out of its hosts, and is in danger of going extinct. We can hope.

In the South, we have banking just as up North, and since the North has lost the bulk of its industrial capacity, then exactly what does the north have that the south needs?

Down South, we actually have roads, phone systems, and universities down here now! Naw, I'm serious! Real roads!

Schools with real books, too!

And a lot of folks with a lot of pride.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join