It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibility of US splitting up because of Economy??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

According to the article on this page, a Russian Scholar believes the US will turn into six separate regions because of the current financial crisis in our country.

The reason I point this out is because it bears with a strange echo of what John Titor supposedly said while "he was here." Of course, I'm not attempting to turn this into another of the many many Titor threads, but it makes me wonder if something like this could actually happen.

I personally don't believe it. But - what are the ramifications if the country did split?

I can already see new border laws - passports to go between states - etc. Ugh.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
According to a young Russian lad, Moscow is supposed to be indated by water in 2009. Project Camelot-Boriska

I wonder which will occur first?

Cheers!!!!

Mod Edit: Advertising removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 4) Advertising. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 26/11/08 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i do not see a break up like that. i believe in march 21st the stock market will crash. no break ups tho, just my oppinion. it is a new quarter, so the markets will reflect what the last 3 months of buisnesses transactions, my oppinion, but that is what i think. it will recover, no break ups tho.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

As I'm from the southeast US, if we got rid of California, and the northeastern states, that would be a good start.

The thing is, there should be no way in Hades for these idiots on Capitol Hill to be pawning the country.

The states could break up into regions and start over. And this time for God's sake, no Social Security until a person turns 65, and no staggered income taxes. The flat tax or fair tax would enable an economy to boom perpetually.

Why should one region's tax dollars be siphoned off to benefit other areas when a more localized government could tend more timely to the specific needs of the local populations.

I really liked the divisions that consisted of the Confederate States, and we could always let in those other midwestern and western states as they may wish.

This Federal Government has gotten entirely out of control, and it needs to go.

The states reserved the right to join and the right to unjoin.

Let's unjoin and let those clowns in Washington go home.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Actually, there is only one state that reserved the right to seperate from the union without any cause for retaliation by the US government.

That state is Texas.

Ok so first off there is talk about a one world government led by the US government...I hardly think that the US government has any plans to splinter up the country when the goal is to combine every single nation on the planet into one common NWO.

Cheers!!!!

Mod Edit: Advertising removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 4) Advertising. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 26/11/08 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It's time to start discussing how to dissolve the Federal Government. Sieze the assets of these monsters, sell off some hardware, prossecute the despots, hunker down and start paying off this debt.

The time may have come to consider conditional surrender to the Chinese. It is relatively clear our "Government of the People" is lost.

Continuing to cling to "Old Standards" is becoming more and more ridiculous.

They don't have our trust and they are no longer legitimate.

I propose for State Governors to establish a coalition of conditional surrender to the Chinese.

With the following conditions:

1) Americans will repay every penny of borrowed money.
2) Americans will suspend the constitution and accept Chinese Communist Martial Law, but only as it may apply to the Federal Government.
3) The States will retain the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution at the State level.
4) Chinese will oversee the dismantling, military trials, and sentencing at the Federal level.
5) The Coalition of States will negotiate the method, manner and reasonable terms of repayment.

(This note/letter is intended only to open up the issue for discussion "Of the People, By the People, and For the People" of the former United States of America.)

It seem pretty clear by the following article they are debating on what conditions to apply to the U.S. regarding our "Rescue" or "Default" perpetarated by these criminals.

Before Saving the US
November 11,2008

by Xiang Songzuo

The nature of the current global financial crisis is the biggest debt crisis in America ’s history. The issuer of the world’s reserve currency, the US has been borrowing for quite a long time without any limit. America ’s trade, international payment and fiscal deficits have existed for over 40 years (a fiscal dividend once occurred during Clinton ’s administration but deficit soon returned). Statistics show that America ’s internal and external debt exceeds $60 trillion, over 400% of the country’s annual GDP of a bit over $14 trillion. Of that total, family debt (including mortgages), financial and non-financial firms’ debt, and municipal and national debt come to about $15 trillion, $17 trillion, $22 trillion, $3.5 trillion, and $11 trillion, respectively, though it is hard to tell how these debts have been split up among foreign governments, financial firms, companies, and individuals.

To relieve the crisis, the US must repay its debts, and to do that it needs to live a more frugal life instead of asking others to continue lending it the money to maintain its over-consumption.

China Should Raise Conditions

But if the US must ask China to buy some portion of its national debt, what kind of conditions and principles should China we raise? 

The principle should be the same as the basic principle upheld by the US and IMF when “saving” other countries in crisis: cut fiscal disbursement and both the government and the people should save money. Besides that, there are six points:

First, the US should cancel the limits on high-tech exports to China , and allow China to acquire advanced technology and high-tech companies from the US ;

Second, the US needs to open its financial system to Chinese financial institutions, allowing all Chinese financial firms to open branches and develop business in the US ;

Third, the US should not prevent Europe from canceling the ban against selling weapons to China ;

Fourth, the US should stop selling military weapons to Taiwan ;

Fifth, the US should loosen its limits on numbers of Chinese, and allow them to travel freely to the US ;

Sixth, the US should never restrain China ’s exports to the US and force RMB appreciation in the name of domestic protectionism and employment pressure.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

As I'm from the southeast US, if we got rid of California, and the northeastern states, that would be a good start.

The thing is, there should be no way in Hades for these idiots on Capitol Hill to be pawning the country.

The states could break up into regions and start over. And this time for God's sake, no Social Security until a person turns 65, and no staggered income taxes. The flat tax or fair tax would enable an economy to boom perpetually.

Why should one region's tax dollars be siphoned off to benefit other areas when a more localized government could tend more timely to the specific needs of the local populations.

I really liked the divisions that consisted of the Confederate States, and we could always let in those other midwestern and western states as they may wish.

Yeah, go ahead and get rid of California. It by itself makes up 13% of the GDP, and you would just about make it one of the richest countries in the world. It's GDP would put it in at 8th in the entire world, except in a much smaller area.

I'm from the southeast, and I live in cali now and have no intentions of ever going back to the southeast.

If the federal government wasn't over stepping it's bounds, what California did wouldn't even matter in the first place. I hesitated moving here for 3 years due to what I heard about it from people like you, and I'm glad I quit listening.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

won't the "big one" take care of cali either way?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by borachon
won't the "big one" take care of cali either way?

Probably right after global warming, getting hit by an asteroid followed by a comet and a tidal wave.

I really see cali as 2 states, northern cali and southern cali. Southern Cali I don't think I could live there, northern cali I like.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Originally posted by dooper

Yeah, go ahead and get rid of California. It by itself makes up 13% of the GDP, and you would just about make it one of the richest countries in the world. It's GDP would put it in at 8th in the entire world, except in a much smaller area.

I'm from the southeast, and I live in cali now and have no intentions of ever going back to the southeast.

If the federal government wasn't over stepping it's bounds, what California did wouldn't even matter in the first place. I hesitated moving here for 3 years due to what I heard about it from people like you, and I'm glad I quit listening.

Isn't California just about broke? I remember Ahhnuld asking the federal government for a bail out last week.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
That is too funny i was waiting on someone to bring up the solvency of Cali. So many people need to research before they speak. Too funny. Yes they did ask the Federal Government for a bailout as did several other states including Nevada, and Arizona.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
That is too funny i was waiting on someone to bring up the solvency of Cali. So many people need to research before they speak. Too funny. Yes they did ask the Federal Government for a bailout as did several other states including Nevada, and Arizona.

Okay, but I thought we was talking about California? Why would I bring up other states. What is really funny is that you tried to make me look like an idiot by brining up other states that had no bearing on the post that I quoted which in turn made you look like an ass.

Also it would be TO funny not TOO.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I would love to live in a country with no social programs such as welfare and social security. People should be responsible for their own actions and this collectivism bull # has to end. The middle class is being wiped out because the poor and the rich oppress them. All taxes should be constitutional and no one group should be able to vote themselves a pay raise out of other peoples pocket books. Any vote requiring extra taxes should only be decided upon by people that pay taxes. I think a poll tax should be instituted a long with a reasonable sales tax that progressively gets higher on luxury goods. The right to bear arms is a requirement and everyone should take part in the militia to keep pressure on the government so they will know their position as our servants.

I like the idea of the new CSA which will follow true conservative principals not the empire building neo-con principals. Freedom should be the #1 priority on any new nation.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

The total amount of taxes the citizens of California pay the federal government, which if did not have to be paid would more than pay for the amount of funding they have asked for.

The amount of State taxes I pay is a mere fraction of the federal taxes I pay. When states ask the federal government for a bailout, it's really just asking for it to give some of the money it took in the first place back. The cost of living in Cali is much higher than the rest of the country, the salaries are higher because of it, and the amount of taxes paid is also higher as a result.

The truth about California is it is a bit more liberal than I'd like. But really, there isn't a single state even in the southeast that is less liberal. Because the democrats are liberals, and the republicans are liberals. Same stupid departments here that they had in the south. The only difference is, when it comes to civil liberties, California is miles ahead of the rest.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

The total amount of taxes the citizens of California pay the federal government, which if did not have to be paid would more than pay for the amount of funding they have asked for.

The amount of State taxes I pay is a mere fraction of the federal taxes I pay. When states ask the federal government for a bailout, it's really just asking for it to give some of the money it took in the first place back. The cost of living in Cali is much higher than the rest of the country, the salaries are higher because of it, and the amount of taxes paid is also higher as a result.

The truth about California is it is a bit more liberal than I'd like. But really, there isn't a single state even in the southeast that is less liberal. Because the democrats are liberals, and the republicans are liberals. Same stupid departments here that they had in the south. The only difference is, when it comes to civil liberties, California is miles ahead of the rest.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by badmedia]

I think california may have bigger problems if things get really
bad with the economy.

The Nation of Aztlan - the coming 2nd civil war

It is gonna suck mightily.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Unfortunately, the idea that Texas has any special right to leave the United States, is an urban legend. Although we were a Republic before joining, we only have the same legal abilities to cede that every other state has. It must be agreed to by all parties, including congress. The reason for this is that there is no clear language stating that a state is not allowed to leave, but there is no stipulation as to how that may be done.
Texas Annexation Questions and Answers

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

nice job linking up a video that gets so much praise from idiot racists. kudos to you.

but i digress...
The possible ramifications of a split United States would shake the world balance of power leaving a power vacuum which was occupied by arguably the world's sole dominant power. We'd automatically lose both wars in the middle east and we'd leave Europe unprotected and open to a potential agressive Russian government's attack...it would impoverish certain fragments of the former Union which depended on the higher tax paying states which allowed the federal gov. to spread said tax money to less fortunate states, and it would leave the fragmented union ripe for conquest by a rival nation *China or Russia*. It all sounds great when people are saying "lets kick them liberal states out of the union and reform a new confederacy" but when you look at the gist of it, boy would said people be royally screwed if it really happened.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
First, we're talking about the NWO shim, Fox News. So, they're scaring people into thinking a breakup is possible, so that they have further justification for the NWO plan. It's really sick how transparent their game-plan is. These people are supposed to be evil masterminds, but behave much more like novices. I could do a better job taking over the world, if I wasn't an anarchist.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

If you enjoy living in Kalifornia, more power to you. Way too many people, way too many "laws", and a seriously confused anti-liberty government.

They have not yet figured out a way to tax you on the air you breath, but I'm confident that they will eventually find a way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join