It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Myths Conservatives Believe About Progressives

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I do enjoy your posts even though I am an evil semi conservative. I firmly believe that those on the left do love their country, and really don't believe any of the things you claim the right thinks about the left. It seems like your stating that the right are evil, and it seems a bit hypocritical. Oh well, it was an interesting read even if I disagree. We all need to start supporting third parties anyway.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I don't think the right is evil... just wrong... in my humble opinion.

The way I have been phrasing it lately is that I have no faith in the Democrats but less faith in the Republicans.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

No - the whole point of this thread was an attempt to encourage fellow liberals to dog pile conservatives, just like your equally insidious thread regarding Ann Coulter.

Liberals - even in victory they remain hate filled and spiteful, what a joyous 4 years we are in for.

Hypocrite!!

Conservatives still never miss an opportunity to still pile on Slick Willy.

The people have spoken; and to borrow a phrase from the Manual of Advanced Conservative Studies...

"Love it or Leave it"

It Sucks to have the shoe on the other foot doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You have done this twice now in assuming that all Conservatives are spiteful because Obama won.

You're dead wrong.

There may be some Republicans that are spiteful or bitter, but there aren't any real Conservatives left in the party. The two are not the same.

I don't think you'll find many real Conservatives not owning up to the fact that Obama won. In fact, the majority of us wish him well and honestly hope he succeeds. We just disagree with him on policy, and feel he is wrong.

[SNIP]

Mod Edit - Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Why do you people always fall so easily for the "Left vs. Right" mind control technique that is waged against us by the puppetmasters who rule this world?

That's seriously what it is. What they've done is allowed two political parties to wield -or rather, appear to wield - nearly all the power. Each side supports some issues that would be beneficial to the populace as a whole, and some issues that would harm society and freedom while furthering the goals of the elite.

Each time the power balance shifts, the new party-in-power undoes some of the minor policies enacted by the old party, while furthering the agenda of the ultra-rich whom high-powered politicians on both sides are really answering to.

Consider this: Bush surrounded himself with the creators of PNAC. Obama's head advisor is the founder of the Trilateral Commission. Do you think either one of those steaming pieces of crap cares the slightest bit about the American people? NO!

Now ask yourself this: Why do the "powers that be" get away with it?

The answer is twofold. First of all, they have a lot of you convinced that "they" don't exist. To that set, I ask you only do two things:

1. Follow the money.
2. Watch who your leaders associate with.

To the second part of the answer, I need only point out threads like this one, and the inevitable "Ten myths progressives believe about conservatives" that will be popping up any minute now (this exact same thing happened before on ATS.)

They have you people so busy, so involved, so committed to attacking, criticizing, and fighting each other that you are completely blinded to the fact that both of your sides' "Representatives" on this issue are working behind the scenes for the same side. And news flash... it ain't our side.

It's called "divide and conquer." It works very well. We can't work against our enemies if we're too busy working against ourselves.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by whaaa

You have done this twice now in assuming that all Conservatives are spiteful because Obama won.

You're dead wrong.

There may be some Republicans that are spiteful or bitter, but there aren't any real Conservatives left in the party. The two are not the same.

There is certainly a lot of spite here on ATS about Obama's win.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I need only point out threads like this one, and the inevitable "Ten myths progressives believe about conservatives" that will be popping up any minute now (this exact same thing happened before on ATS.

During the election I posted several threads on the same subjects... one for Obama, one for McCain in an attempt at fairness.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Now children behave... if there are going to be any food fights on this thread I'll start them.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Retseh

No - the whole point of this thread was an attempt to encourage fellow liberals to dog pile conservatives, just like your equally insidious thread regarding Ann Coulter.

Liberals - even in victory they remain hate filled and spiteful, what a joyous 4 years we are in for.

Conservatives still never miss an opportunity to still pile on Slick Willy.

Its not just the conservatives that love a Slick Willy joke. Saturday Night Live still loves to stick it to him. Daryl Hammond does a great Clinton impression especially last Saturday. Instant classic. He had me in tears. Now that Hillary is Secretary of State, you better get used to more Slick Willy jokes. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I am a huge Clinton fan, but I love the Clinton jokes. It's funny that the only thing they can get him on is that he likes having sex with women.

Hammond does do a great impression. The one where he was in McDonalds explaining about Somolian warlords while eating the food off of everyone's tray was hilarious.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

You seem to have a strong hatred of Liberals.

You do realize we Are ALL Americans right?

WTF is wrong with you people? Are you just begging for a Second Civil War?

Get off of your high horses (This includes the liberals spouting our greatness in perpetuity on this board) and realize we all have to work THROUGH our differences to keep this amazing Idea called America going.

63 years of school yard in fighting is enough... It's time we get over ourselves, and learn how to come together and govern our nation as ONE...

I guess Thats where we liberals are wimps or wussies with a p... We're actually willing to work with you, in spite of our differences.

One last thing... If you carry a banner for either side of the fence... you're not allowed to call yourself American Any More... You have chosen your side; and America is not based on one belief system, but on the hard work, sweat, blood, and tears of others.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

I think deep down, old Willy is pretty proud of those jokes especially when he gets the hi-fives in the locker room. Its all in good fun and Hammond is spot on. Phil Hartman did some great Clinton bits also.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

A star for you for a very good post and right on the money. It is my number one beef against the likes of ann coulter, micheal savage and mush loosebowels is that in demonizing us they discount our love of country and patriotism as well as our political differences.

I have said it before we all love our country and wish it well and often we see the same problems but only different solutions.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I'm in agreement here as well.

Part of the problem I have as a Conservative is that I am often lumped in with so many others who use that name to describe themselves. I'm a Conservative because I believe strongly in those values. I would never, and have never questioned someones love for this country because of their political affiliation or ideology.

However, since some others here who call themselves Conservatives have, we are all lumped together.

This is exactly your point with this thread grover. It isn't fair for either of us to be generalized like we are. You're thread only mentions how liberals are unfairly judged, but it's just as prevalent on the other side.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Why you America-hatin', yella-bellied, commie, non-troop-supportin', elitist, anti-value, tax-raisin', Satan-lovin', lazy wimps!! Get Outta My Country!!! lol

How about retitling the list, "Ten Myths Fox News Peddles onto its Audience"
--Seems more apt

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

That's the other problem I have with this thread. It's set up to make us believe that all Conservatives think this way. It's basically a prime example of the type of behavior the OP and others are speaking out against.

Silly isn't it?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

The perpetuation of any stereotype hurts everyone. Those perpetrating it and those smeared with it. Very few things in life are black and white.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Exactly.

That's what my gripe has been in this particular case. The thread is titled:

"Ten Myths Conservative Believe About Progressives" not "Ten Myths some Conservatives Believe About Progressives".

It's set up to seem as though we all think alike, and we don't.

I respect a lot of liberals around here, and have never questioned their love of this country. My differences with them are based on the issues, nothing more.

Sadly I get lumped in with some of the Conservatives the OP is talking about.

Although on a side note I don't believe any real Conservative actually thinks that way. If they do, they are only using the name Conservative as a label, and don't really believe in the principles.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join