It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was cemented

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yes, you read it right, I was cemented today.

A brief explantion of the day before the event:
As I type this, it is the evening of 25th and time is six fifty in chennai and the sky was cloudy for the past week and it was windy and I really loved it. I had my university model examinations today afternoon
and so I went to the university and after the examination got over at five, I boarded the train at five twenty and reached my suburb at six and it was raining a bit and though I was wet already walking in the rain to the station from the university, I continued to cycle home because the rain looked like it will never stop.

The sky was dark so early and in the rain I couldnt see a thing and you know the condition of Indian roads full of potholes and cows and stray dogs and as usual it was like flying in zero visibility

On the way, there is this construction site which occupied the entire land it was being built on, I mean that there was no gap between the road and the building and the second floor was under cosntruction and just as I was passing by in the road, some one swept the cement from the floor to the road and my luck all of the cement landed on me:bnghd:

At first, I couldnt make out anything because there was no street lights, and when I reached home, my grandmother was shocked at my appearance and when I looked in the mirror I saw that I was fully covered in cement
And my clothes were also covered in cement.

My beautiful shirt which my parents got me for my birthday, it was a light chocolate coloured one and it has the cement marks all over it,
I think my shirts time is over.

So, anyway, I wiped myself clean and now I am typing this.

That idiot person who threw this, why didnt he care to see whehter anyone was on the road.

I feel as though I want to kick that person.

So, just wanted to ask, is my shirts life time over and have any one of you experienced situations like this.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I absolutely know this isn't funny and I really hope your shirt can be saved but, forgive me, I had to laugh.

Poor you - I've never heard of anyone being cemented before.

I hope you're feeling better now and I was relieved that you didn't mention your new phone being with you when it happened.

Let's hope that being cemented is the worst thing that ever happens to you.

Here's my favourite smiley to help to cheer you up

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yes, I am fine now

Luckily I didnt take my new phone as I had to keep it in my bag outside the exam hall during exam, and the combined of risk of being stolen, I took my fathers old colour mobile, and luckily, it didnt suffer any damage.
as the cement narrowly missed my pocket.

And a special thanks to you for replying, because no one replied even after a entire day

[edit on 27/11/08 by peacejet]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Heh, one of the better days of my life got caught in a sudden downpour a couple of blocks from my house. Soaked through and through, but luckily all the electrics were in my pack.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I worked with cement a couple years ago. Sorry man, Im afraid your shirt is gone.

Cement has a lot of lye in it. It also has a whole slew of other chemical agents. Your never going to get it all out of your shirt.

The guy who pushed the cement off was a [snip] and should have looked. He could have done lots worse if there had been debris in with the mud.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You seem in a remarkably good mood considering your trip home! Ugh I would be to frustrated to even type!

Sorry you lost your new shirt!

I guess you can only pray that karma takes affect soon for the moron that did not look before he threw that cement like that!

Peace and love.

Here is hoping you have a much more pleasent trip the next time!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Apparently, the being wet in rain that time helped to some extent, and I have managed to recover the shirt with just a few washes, and just a few stains remain, it has been a more than half an year since this happened, and I actually use the shirt while I am home.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I was able to recover the shirt after a few washes. Thank my luck. And thanks for the wish.

top topics

join