It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Hidden War in Somalia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

America's Hidden War in Somalia

www.chicagotribune.com

To glimpse America's secret war in Africa, you must bang with a rock on the iron gate of the prison in this remote port in northern Somalia. A sleepy guard will yank open a rusty deadbolt. Then, you ask to speak to an inmate named Mohamed Ali Isse.

Isse, 36, is a convicted murderer and jihadist. He is known among his fellow prisoners, with grudging awe, as "The Man with the American Thing in His Leg."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: source link to original article]

[edit on 25-11-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It is not a surprise that CIA has recruited ganglords to capture and imprison Islamic militants. CIA does this all the time. The primal fear for the US govt is that Somalia is mostly lawless and could turn into a safe heaven for Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups

This reminds me of the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan and the covert operations of the CIA there, which included giving support to Osama bin Laden.

We just hope that something good comes out of this and the ganglords dont eventually turn on the CIA after some time

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: source link to original article]

[edit on 25-11-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The American government have hid this very well.

Normally there would be thread after thread about 'America kicking Somalia's arse! Go USA!!!1' or questions like: 'how many nukes would it take to turn Somalia into glass?', 'how do Somalia's tanks compare to American tanks?' and 'could Somalian children beat American children if both sides were armed with sharpened sitcks?' on ATS if there was even the smallest hint of a war in the media.

I've said this in another thread, I think the Somalia-born piracy will be the next 'reason' for the next American-involved conflict.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

It is not a surprise that CIA has recruited ganglords to capture and imprison Islamic militants. CIA does this all the time. The primal fear for the US govt is that Somalia is mostly lawless and could turn into a safe heaven for Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups

This reminds me of the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan and the covert operations of the CIA there, which included giving support to Osama bin Laden.

We just hope that something good comes out of this and the ganglords dont eventually turn on the CIA after some time

First off, let's remember that the CIA created Al Qaeda. Second, I'm not at all sure that Al Qaeda is not being run by CIA *today*.

Having said that, I'd be a lot more comfortable if the *CIA* was not able to find a safe haven anywhere in the world. Let's face it, CIA excels at everything that is wrong -- wholesale coc aine and heroin smuggling, overthrowing democratically elected governments, running false flag operations, torture, murder and just generally being a waste of human tissue.

[edit on 11/25/2008 by anonymousATS]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymousATS

NO I think your somewhat right. I have thought about and researched the process of this so called Al Qaeda.

Heres the breakdown from what I get thus far.

Here is the leader They call him Usama Bin Laden.

Here are his minions.

Then we have the second in command, which is this guy here.

They recently killed this one who was 2nd in command 4 times i believe.

And if we don't give in to what they want, supposedly this guy here:

is going to make dirty bombs and kill us.

But never fear this guy will save us.

So we should be pretty straight.
========================

Above is an example of how truly important this war on terrorism is, for if it were a joke we wouldn't be making fun of it now would we?

Really, think about it, the above is about as real as the actual war on terror, for you cant prove I am right or wrong. just cause someone says its true dont mean it is.

[edit on 11/25/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Of course we have interests in Somalia...as does China, Russia, India, Japan.....and so we need to be sure to protect our interests.

Do you think China would play fair with is if we did not have the threat of force?

new topics

top topics

join