It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think first, talk second, talk first, think second.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I like to classify people into these two kinds of groups. I don't like to classify people as introverts or extroverts until I know them well. So before I do I like to think of them as a think talker or a talk thinker. I notice that a lot of people like to talk without thinking and they're more common than the think talkers. I myself like to think than talk. I'm just wondering how many people are aware of how many people talk first and then think second because I know most people would like to think that they think first before they talk but they don't. I know this sounds like a generalization but I see people a lot of the time just talk before they think. I think more people should think before they talk because thinking really helps make people aware of what they are actually saying and the impact of what they say has on other people. Talking first and thinking seconds leads to too many problems because these people talk their way into problems and then they think about ways to get out of them.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
These are very good points and an interesting discussion. I think that sometimes it is important to act (talking included) before thinking. This, to me, is more the exception than the rule. There are just times that there isn't the time to think things through before reacting. I prefer generally to think and then act. I like to compare variables and the likelihood of one situation to another.

*Edit due to my failure to preview before posting.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by quetzalcoatl13]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by quetzalcoatl13

I do agree that it is better to act first without thinking when it is appropriate but I don't think people should go in a situation without knowing what they are getting into. That can lead to undesirable consequences in any situation.

join