It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the mind/your soul connected?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I have a question.
Some people get old, and get demented. They forget who they are, and what they did in life.
Is the soul connected (our inside energy) too the concious mind?
So if we forget, do we realy forget for ever?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The mind and soul are defintely connected to each other. Our souls are a manifestation of our mind. Neurologists have tried to study soul and as to where the concept of sould comes from. The soul comes from our limbic system which is our unconsicious mind. There are 3 states of mind, consicisous, sub consicious and consicious. We may not realize but our unconscious mind directs our sub and that directs our consicious mind.

When a person dies he/she may take the soul with him is what I believe. The soul never dies and as long as we are alive, we stay connected to our soul through our mind.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Intresting, thank you for your reply, it had good information!
Just one more question

If a person, gets alzheimers, what happens then:O?
Do they forget for ever who they where and what they did in life

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Great thread topic by the way, a real thinker.

Although I don't have an answer entirely, I'm really looking forward to the responses. I would like to answer the question with a question though. Alzheimer's is a mental illness, correct? If you get the flu, do you cease to have a body? At present, I see the disease causing a lot of confusion, even soul-sickness, but if a person becomes 'soul-less' from it, what is it that it is replaced by while the body is living? And, what happens when a lapse is over, do they get their soul back?

One time a family member got really drunk and said some very unsavory things to me. They did't remember what it was, but they knew I wouldn't speak to them again. A decade and a half later I'd gotten a letter saying they don't know what they said, but was very sorry and hoped I could forgive. How foolish I was to wait so long...

[edit on 24-11-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
A good take on the matter. Perhaps that is true, when our body gets sick, doesnt it just heal itself? So a mind, perhaps its just a sickness, in the mind, and it goes away, when you pass away.
I dont know, and I think noone of us can ever know for sure.
Until our time comes, we must never forget that we have too life live too its fullest!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFearless
A good take on the matter. Perhaps that is true, when our body gets sick, doesnt it just heal itself? So a mind, perhaps its just a sickness, in the mind, and it goes away, when you pass away.
I dont know, and I think noone of us can ever know for sure.
Until our time comes, we must never forget that we have too life live too its fullest!

In Christianity, there's something called a perfected state (or Christlike state) when a believer dies and goes to heaven. No illness, no sadness, etc. Christians aren't the only ones who believe in a perfect form post-mortem, but what seems particular is one's 'mind' seems to be intact. It may take some detailed explaining on this conclusion Biblically, but overall the physical brain is dead, but the mind & soul lives on. Or, perhaps what we think of as 'mind' is actually part of the soul. I would say that in death there is a disconnect between brain and soul.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The brain is physical and has physical sicknesses.

I would say that since the soul is not physical the soul does not have any physical sickness so it will remember all and stay intact.

I don't think the soul is inside of our body or at least not all of it. Its not part of our body... our body is connected to it though.

The connection still can be I guess? But the brain will not receive the messages or will receive it but will forget instantely.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
The mind and soul are defintely connected to each other. Our souls are a manifestation of our mind. Neurologists have tried to study soul and as to where the concept of sould comes from. The soul comes from our limbic system which is our unconsicious mind.

Do you have any url talking about this? I would like to read more about it. Because what they call the soul in their studies, could just be something else? Or just a part of it? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFearless

ok i just saw this and it caught my eye.

yes, i believe the mind and soul are connected, but only to some degree. any memory you've collected over the years is stored in your subconscious state. in fact, let me prove what i first said. have you ever had something your body and mind were telling you not to do, but you did it anyway, just because you felt you should? your soul is your conscience, in case you've never made the connection. now there's no real way to tell who wins in a battle of mind vs soul, but they are both influential.

i hope that helps some. good luck on your search for answers, even though i don't believe in luck.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFearless
I have a question.
Some people get old, and get demented. They forget who they are, and what they did in life.
Is the soul connected (our inside energy) too the concious mind?
So if we forget, do we realy forget for ever?

What is "connected"? If the Mind and the Soul were two seperate units connected by a string, wouldn't they still be connected?

You are too associating the phyisical "mind" as mind, but in the "mind set" there are several aspects of mind. There are: Phyisical mind that is the evolving animal, there are spiritual minds and their are connection mindsets to external elements that draw you into union with the whole of creation.

Meanwhile the soul energy very often associated with the heart, could in the right light be seen as the truest aspect of one's self.

One can see the soul as an energy enterty born into a phyiscal minded body. The phyiscal mind alone can't pass through the long journy ahead so it is the job of the being to devlop a spiritual mind to lead the soul/energy body through the everlasting future. This mind stays even when the phyiscal mind fails.

That which was useful in mindset is forever stored up if the being desired to truly go on to the infinitive journy. You will see them again if the both of you are to journy.

For more useful info such as this please consult the Urantia Papers.

top topics

join