It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien DNA is waiting to be found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Good afternoon everyone,
I was doing some snooping around on a 'thought' I had. I found some information to back up my claim. It's been a long wait game to show some type of final proof that aliens exists. But I believe skeptics should be aware of current science projects to discover the proof hidden within our own DNA.
But DNA coming from outer space would be like someone dropping a Million Dollar bill on your lap out of nowhere. So I figured that couldn't be possible because our selection DNA comes from the earth elements and eventually evolved to become what is now our DNA.

Hoover presented several dramatic images and the associated EDAX spectral data of living and fossil cyanobacteria haloalkaliphilic mats, the Cambrian phosphorites of Khubsughul, Mongolia for comparison with the recent discoveries in the Orgueil and Murchison carbonaceous meteorites. Evidence for possible microfossils in meteorites was previously reported in numerous papers by many scientists (Nagy, Claus, Timofeyev, Van Landingham, Palik, McKay, Rozanov, Hoover, etc.) These results have previously been attacked by critics, who have argued to dismiss them on the basis that they were too small to represent living organisms or that they must be mineral grains, artifacts produced by coating the sample, or recent pollen or fungal contaminants that were introduced during acid maceration, cleaning, or while the specimen was lying in some museum drawer.

Full Article

Apparently three chemists at Arizona State University have found "enantiomeric excesses" (ee's) in amino acids and other organic molecules in GRA95229. Similar asymmetries have been seen in other meteorites, like Murchison, but ASU claims that this is the first analysis clearly proving that the ee's cannot have been caused by earthly contamination.

My final thought is, if our solar system was composed of Microfossils of Cyanobacteria found in Carbonaceous Meteorites, then their should also be highly evolved DNA possibly containing strands of intelligent evidence.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Search and you will find...

Well, finding Alien DNA should not be impossible. It can be encapsulated in meteors that did not burn up completely.
Heck perhaps someone will finally find that 3 meters tall exoskeleton body that crashed into the earth 15.000 years ago. Euh, you might need a shovel and a pick-axe for that thou.

Ow, by the way if someone DOES find it, leave a message please, I would like my property back.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Why are you assuming that any alien life thats out there uses DNA?

You are aware that DNA is what life is built of here on *EARTH*. In the early Earth early life- well w might not have even called it life- were self replicating nucleotides that chained together to become ploynucleotides and likely the first was based on RNA, with DNA evolving as the better chaining method. The remnants of RNA replication can be seen today in the form of retroviruses and other pieces of RNA.

Now by saying "alien DNA" you are making a large assumption there. you are assuming that any alien world evolved in the exact manner of Earth.

Evolution happens in response to envirnmental factors that act as selective pressures for natural selection to occur. To put it differently, if you have a totally different environment evolution will happen a toally different way.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
Why are you assuming that any alien life thats out there uses DNA?

You are aware that DNA is what life is built of here on *EARTH*. In the early Earth early life- well w might not have even called it life- were self replicating nucleotides that chained together to become ploynucleotides and likely the first was based on RNA, with DNA evolving as the better chaining method. The remnants of RNA replication can be seen today in the form of retroviruses and other pieces of RNA.

Now by saying "alien DNA" you are making a large assumption there. you are assuming that any alien world evolved in the exact manner of Earth.

Evolution happens in response to envirnmental factors that act as selective pressures for natural selection to occur. To put it differently, if you have a totally different environment evolution will happen a toally different way.

Mind you that with alien DNA I merely mean genetic references, not that it is actually composed out of DNA.
(I'm not going to fuzz over that one, cause there's not a real point towards it, there is intelligent RNA life out there to and other genetic sequences as well, but yes a fair deal of them has DNA like properties for evolutionairy reasons)

new topics

top topics

join