It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous Descendants of Mayflower Passengers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
www.mayflowerhistory.com...

There are millions of Mayflower descendants living today, but very few descendants actually know it. Eight U.S. presidents are known to be descended from Mayflower passengers, and a number of other famous people including astronauts, poets, politicians, actors and actresses, directors, inventors and others are descendants as well. Below are a list of the most famous individuals I know about that have Mayflower ancestries. Their blood lineage back to the Mayflower passenger is included (in red). Many of these lineages were originally published by Gary Boyd Roberts of the New England Historic and Genealogical Society, who regularly publishes new discoveries and article on his Notable Kin website.

Interesting list from Presidents to Hollywood Stars.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
www.mayflowerhistory.com...

There are millions of Mayflower descendants living today, but very few descendants actually know it. Eight U.S. presidents are known to be descended from Mayflower passengers, and a number of other famous people including astronauts, poets, politicians, actors and actresses, directors, inventors and others are descendants as well. Below are a list of the most famous individuals I know about that have Mayflower ancestries. Their blood lineage back to the Mayflower passenger is included (in red). Many of these lineages were originally published by Gary Boyd Roberts of the New England Historic and Genealogical Society, who regularly publishes new discoveries and article on his Notable Kin website.

Interesting list from Presidents to Hollywood Stars.

I'm related through both sides but haven't done anything great. Yet!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I'm related on my Mom's side. Isn't there some organization called 'Daughter's of the Mayflower'? My family has done pretty well for itself, give me a few more years! Obviously since we have been here longer, we have had more time to succeed. I was once dating a girl who's ancestors also came over on the Mayflower. It creeped me out until we researched it and realized that we weren't related!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I descend from Governor William Bradford.

I believe it is Daughters of the American Revolution. But I may be wrong about the Mayflower Daughters. I know that it is a hoity toity affair on the East Coast. Debutante thing...

new topics

top topics

join