It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage of aliens : Sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hi, I'm new here and was curious about something I saw on TV a few years ago...

I can't remember exactly when I saw it, but I was kid and it had to have been in the early 90s sometime (I'm 23 now) and was on the show that used to come on FOX called "Sightings". Most of you probably remember it - it was a news-magazine type show that featured "sightings" (footage,interviews, etc) of the paranormal, mostly concerning UFOs. Specifically, a segment from one of the later episodes, I believe, is one that I have never forgotten and has been vividly etched in my mind ever since.

The segment dealt with a video tape that had been sent to the show anonymously that featured a home video of a birthday party or get together or cookout or something along those lines being held next to a house that looked to be on a camp ground surrounded by a sparse forest. Everyone in the video is just enjoying themselves, having a good time, goofing off, etc, when someone spots a light coming from the nearby forest. The camera pans and zooms into the forest and through the brush the side of a landed spacecraft can clearly be seen, with what appears to be three or four ACTUAL ALIENS descending from the craft. Like I said, I've never been able to forget that distinct image.

Soon after, the video stops and then picks up again a few minutes later inside the house where everyone is completely frantic and freaking out. I remember a couple of guys getting shotguns, locking the doors, and whoever else was in the video being completely scared out of their minds. Apparently, from what can been distinguished from the video, is that the aliens somehow come into the house. I think a shot is fired while the video image is shaking all over the place from the guy holding the camera running around... and again, everyone in the video is scared sh-tless. The whole time there was a voice over from the host of the show explaining what we were watching, then they suddenly freeze frame an image... and plain as day is a grey alien with a large head and those big black eyes. I also remember there being extremely quick footage during this sequence of one or two of the aliens in motion, as in walking around among the crazed room.

When it was over, I remember how amazed I was at what I just saw because it appeared to me that for the first time actual aliens had been caught on tape and not only were there images, but footage of living, walking aliens - something that, as a kid, convinced me of its authenticity... and it absolutely freaked me out. In fact, I remember covering my eyes for half of the segment. For some reason it scared me that bad and that's why I still remember it to a certain degree today.

However, since its broadcast I have never heard another thing about that tape. Absolutely nothing. Recently, I did a quick and somewhat unextensive search on the 'net of anything having to do with that tape and again came up with nothing. Does anyone else remember this particular episode of Sightings or know anything about this tape? I'm extremely curious. Chances are, it probably ended up just being a hoax or something, so who knows. If anyone can shed any light on this please share on the board or just e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks!

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by theohoff]

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
i rememeber the exact same thing vividly as well. But i've only seen it once and hit must have been 6-8 years ago

I remember one of the guys carrying the body of one of the dead aliens around the house. I also remember the shotguns they were shooting them with too

everything you said is true about the video

and no, this isnt that 'hour long' show that they played on UPN, this was on FOX, i dont think it was Sightings either, but it could have been.

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by SniperEye]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Oh man... This would be great to see... Does anyone have this? It's gota be out there somewhere.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wow, we gotta find this!!! Even if it's not real it sounds sweet. Sure would be cool if it ends up being real, doubt we're fortunate enough for that
. I'll try some searches and hopefully one of us will find it.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure, but it may be "Incident in Lake County: Alien Abduction" which aired on UPN. It was also aired on some Fox stations.

www.badmovieplanet.com...

I could be wrong...

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by worshipthemoon]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hahahahahaha... that has to be it! As I read that description so much of that video came back to me. So yeah, I guess I got the gist of it right but there was a lot that I had forgotten. I sooo remember that video now after reading that. And I completely forgot about the show "Encounters"! Anyway, so yeah... question answered - it was a hoax, and a damn good one at that.

new topics

top topics

join