It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible for Those Who Hate the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
hi, im a new member ive been watching this site for a while. I have done a search here on ATS and have found nothing on this book i heard of called,

The Bible for Those who Hate the Bible

i havent read the books but i listened to the radio interview and it sounds really interesting, what he is talking about

Here's the main website - saintoxenbooks.com...

What does everyone think

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Semanoa]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
post some articals

make some points.

otherwise this seems like some website plug.

not gonna search that entire site for info.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
well as i have said i havent read the actual book but ill post some articles written by the author:

This is the intro of the book:
saintoxenbooks.com...

This is the radio interview he was in:
www.redicecreationsfilm.com...

This is excerpts from book 1:
saintoxenbooks.com...

This is a FAQ:
saintoxenbooks.com...

"Malone states, 'The Bible is a weapon...one of the most frightening tools ever developed by man.' This is the importance of Malone's "pop literature". His two books contain a wealth of information and conclusions that provoke contemplation relevant to many important world events."

from a review by Kim Petersen

saintoxenbooks.com...

It has a great deal to do with things in the bible you never thought were there, he also has a great deal on conspiracies about the Zionist agenda.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Is no one here interested in the ideas this book has to offer?

It looks like the perfect book for ATS'ers to mangle their minds around.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Make some more points. Give us a little synopsis. We're lazy and cannot be bothered to click links unless interest is piqued on the forum! What does the book say, why do you like it. Do you agree with it. Give us SOMETHING!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ok well here is the intro of the book:

This book is for people who don't want to read the Bible and who are offended by large religious organizations. When we consider all the agendas the Bible is used to support, we might conclude that the whole thing would be better off burned and forgotten. HOWEVER, the fact remains that its influence continues to creep across our planet today, and every thinking human would do better to know what it's all about. The Bible For People Who Hate The Bible will fill a gap (unnoticed) between scholarly Bible literature and popular interpretations. In scholarly works, writers try to figure out who might have written the Bible's various texts and what their motives were, and they try to date the compositions. If the scholars are Jewish or Christian, their conclusions are tainted by their need to cling to their beliefs - so that even when they uncover strange things in the writings, they try to explain them away as the mysterious doings of their god. Scholars with no religious needs to protect can launch stinging attacks on The Book.

saintoxenbooks.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
and here are some excerpts:

From the chapter "The Old Testament In 60 Minutes"

Genesis - [covers (so it says) a period of about 2100 years: from c3760 - 1650 BCE; all references are from the book of Genesis]

A character with the generic name of God (more on his proper name later) creates the Universe, The Earth, and everything on it, in six days, around 3760 BCE. He also creates two human beings out of dirt, and puts them in a special garden. We call them Adam and Eve (1:1 - 2:24). This god gives them some odd rules to live by, and when they break one of them, the god throws them out (3:1-24). Godless in the wilderness, the two procreate. We follow their bloodline through their third son Seth, past nine generations to a man called Noah. Noah allegedly builds a large boat under instructions from this same god, saving himself and all living things (!) from a catastrophic flood (4:1 - 9:28). His three sons, according to tradition, are the progenitors of three major races: Shem - the Semites; Yaphet - the Aryans; and Ham - the Hamites (black/African peoples).

From the chapter "Intro To Moses"

Moses presents us with more problems than we should expect. The story we've all heard tells of a good and humble man, charged by God to go into Egypt and save the horribly oppressed Israelite slaves. With the help of this terrifying god, the long-suffering Moses leads the slaves out of bondage, whips them into shape, and takes them through a few battles. This prepares them for their coup-de-grace: they will invade a beautiful land promised to them by this god, murder all of the peoples who live there, and steal their stuff. These are God's dictates. The meek and gentle Moses is only acting on orders. Throughout the legend we are told of dazzling wonders and miracles worked by this god through Moses.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Semanoa]

saintoxenbooks.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This stuff can be easily refuted, but truthfully, I'm tired of wasting my time.

Not only are they taking passages out of context but they are trying to judge God for reading the hearts of men, and as well they are trying to explain very few sentences in a book that cover like 5 minutes in explaination time comparecd to the amount of time Moses lived.

Not only does this destroy the reader, but it turns more hate toawrds peacful christians who try and live holy for God.

" It's a weapon "

Please. Just please. This weapon saved my life. Before I knew about God I was heartless, and he alone with the bible as my guide for lviign, has changed my heart for the good.

I sucked before I read the bible.

so this is vintage Bull.

IMO. anybody esle want to take time to refute this?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semanoa
"Malone states, 'The Bible is a weapon...one of the most frightening tools ever developed by man.'

Yeah, you can really give someone a nasty bump on the head with the new testament...

I should know...I did try it

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
K this is my bible for those who hate the bible

LOL Cat Bible Translation Project

Since you guys don't like to search you've made that clear ,and I can't blame you,here is a link to the book of Job in LOL speak, which I find Hilarious!

Book of Job in LOLspeak

YER WELCUMS!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
could somebody please decode what invisible woman just said.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Just click the links I provided Jesusistruth

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

Absolutely minted!!!! Ceiling cat LOL. Loved Gen 1:25 " An Ceiling Cat doed moar living stuff, mooes, An creepies, An otehr animuls," pure class

Me and my mates were going to rewrite the bible in Scots - must get round to it someday.

G

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shihulud

shihulud,I for one canna weet te read te Bible en Scots LOL

Here's one of my favorites Job 3 -23

ceilingcat stold mai internets an I sayd "halp!" Now I iz emo an no has cheezburgers
bwahahaha

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Premise of OP: You hate the Bible.

Proposed solution?

Read a book about the Bible.

One way or another, I guess some are going to know whats between the pages.

Every person has access to the path. Not every person will take the journey.

Peace

[edit on 26-11-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
reply to post by shihulud

shihulud,I for one canna weet te read te Bible en Scots LOL

Here's one of my favorites Job 3 -23

ceilingcat stold mai internets an I sayd "halp!" Now I iz emo an no has cheezburgers
bwahahaha
Here's a few quotes from a Scots bible - Here.

The one the me and my friends were going to make is more of a modern Scottish dialect (Glaswegian and Ayrshire) with few added extras. For e.g Gen 1

1. Et the stert Goad wiz playin an made the Heevins an the grund.
2. Bit he hudny made the grund yit fur he wiz steamin pished oan a boatle o Whisky.
3.An Goad says "A canny see a thing, where the hells ma lighter?"
4. An Goad fun his clipper lighter an sparked it up an saw that it wiz still hawf fower in the moarnin so he went back tae lie in his pit fur a few mair hoors.
5 An Goad caed the lighter a 'snip' (expletive removed) fur it hud burnt'is finger (pron: fing ir)... Blah blah.

Something to that effect.

But have a look at the link for the real Scots translation - even I have bother reading some of it but its quite amusing.

G

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

You have "refuted" nothing, I'm afraid. The post was a brief excerpt from a 3-page chapter which speeds you through Genesis, in order to get to the meat of the book, which is the story of Moses. And it is probably more detailed than any book you've ever read on the subject. The Genesis overview is merely a quick set-up for context. Had you bothered to read even a few paragraphs of excerpts from the Saint Oxen Books website, you would have quickly seen this. But I gather that would be too much work for you. That's fine - just don't imagine you've "refuted" a decade of someone else's work. And BTW the book has nothing to do with creating hatred toward "peaceful Christians". How did you decide this from the 4 or 5 sentences you read?

top topics

join