It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's New Midnight Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The Bush Admin pushing these last minute laws. How much damage is this president trying to do to Americans.last minute laws

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
All president's do stuff like this. Just wait until the last week or two. Bush will go on a pardoning bonanza.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
What I'm talking about is the type of law like not tracking the amount of perchlorate from jet fuel in drinking water as well as others.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I bet he pardons the hell out of Ted Stevens. Oh he's gunna pardon him so hard! I wish he wouldn't.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
im glad Bush is doing something worthwhile before he leaves. Hopefully this will be a much needed boost for the oil and gas industry

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by basilray

As much as the little arrogant tyrant can get away with.

ps: His mucking around with our Constitution has now given future presidents a lot of power that could effect more of our freedoms.

It's going to take alot of manpower to undo the damage this moron caused.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
He'll have to put in double shifts to even tie what Clinton did in 28,000 pages of the Federal Register listings which what Bush is doing now.

Carter did the most damage with his midnight regulation push. Every President has done this. It's just a matter of how much you all despise Bush will determine if this is good for the country or not.

I think most of his actions are right on line. Others will have a totally different view.

There is already a thread that has been turned into a pi**ing contest about Bush and the normal crap talk from both sides here.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I agree with many of President Bush's midnight regulations. Our world was not meant to last forever. So, we need to use our natural resources. Regarding the endangered species act: rancher's and farmer's are being run out of business, and the endangered species act has played a role. Wolves and cougars are killing ranch livestock out west, and rancher's don't get compensated. (Believe me, there are a lot of wolves and cougars left in our country). Rancher's can't use certain water sources to feed their animals, because their "may" be an endangered species of fish in the water. Rancher's and farmer's provide food for our country and our world. When the "earth and animals" are worshipped to the extent that people are losing their livelihoods due to this, there is a big problem.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
do we really expect anything else from this knuckle dragging, dim witted traitor?
IMO if Paulson and Bernanke persist in their refusal to account for the trillion buck handout to their mates on wall st they too should be brought before the courts alongside their vacuum headed swagger monkey.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Here's a list of some of the proposed bills/laws.

OP's Source

Here is a rundown of rules and regulations that the Bush administration is pushing through the rulemaking process in its waning days.
******SKIP******
Homeland Security Seeks to Implement Exemptions to 1974 Privacy Act

Gotta make sure the government can spy on you whenever they want to!

EPA Won’t Regulate a Contaminant in Drinking Water

******SKIP******
Formal Name: Drinking Water: Preliminary Regulatory Determination on Perchlorate

At Issue: Perchlorate is a chemical component of rocket fuel that can contaminate water both naturally and, more frequently, through improper disposal at rocket test sites, military bases and chemical plants. Cleaning it up would cost billions of dollars. But the contaminant has been linked to thyroid problems in young children, pregnant woman and newborns, leaving critics concerned for the developmental health of those most vulnerable to the chemical's effects.

[sarcasm]Who needs clean water anyway! And so a few people get sick, how else are these chemical companies going to make money unless they can just dump their excess chemicals anywhere that's handy and cheap![/sarcasm]

The Interior Department Could Approve Construction Projects with Less Concern for Protected Species

******SKIP******
At Issue: The Department of the Interior wants to allow agencies to make their own determination of whether a development project, such as highway or dam construction, would significantly harm protected species, rather than relying on extensive scientific review as they have done previously. The DOI said this will eliminate or reduce cumbersome consultations in situations where the effects “are so inconsequential, uncertain, unlikely or beneficial that they are, as a practical matter, tantamount to having no effect on listed species or critical habitat.” Critics worry about giving so much discretion to federal agencies that may lack scientific expertise.

[sarcasm]Survival of the fittest, they're endangered because they're weak![/sarcasm]

Law Enforcement Would Get Greater Surveillance Authority

[sarcasm]You just can't EVER have enough authority to be able to spy on somebody![/sarcasm]

EPA Revises Air Quality Standards for Lead

******SKIP******
Public Comments

In conclusion, the extreme neurotoxicity of lead, particularly for the developing fetus, infant, and young child, would render it irresponsible for EPA to consider relaxing the regulation of airborne lead emissions. The American Academy of Pediatrics urges you in the strongest terms to maintain and expand the regulatory standards related to lead as a criteria pollutant in its final options for action on this matter. -Jay E. Berkelhamer, MD, FAAP

[sarcasm] What do I care, I'm moving to my ranch in Paraguay! [/sarcasm]

Well, there's just a few that he might sign into law before he leaves office.

See the link for more of them.

[edit on 1/13/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I looked through the list...

Endless ultra conservative bull#...

We'll be lucky if Obama reverses them.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourForever
Endless ultra conservative bull#...

We'll be lucky if Obama reverses them.

Are you kidding me?

USDA Sets Verification Process for School Lunches and Breakfasts

Making sure only eligible children are getting free lunches? How terribly "ultra conservative"!

Expired Passports, IDs No Longer Accepted for Verifying Employment Eligibility

What....we can no longer use expired IDs to get jobs! How evil!

Labor Dept. Issues New Guidelines for Work Visas

GASP!

HIV/AIDS Prevention Groups Would Be Subject to New Qualifying Rules

Making sure these groups who ask for federal funding don't advocate prostitution? How dare they!

New HUD Rule Aims to Improve Transparency of Mortgage Settlement Costs

More transparency in government lending? How much more "ultra conservative" can he be?

I'd go on....but do I really need to?

top topics

join