It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater to combat pirates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Just saw this little video off Yahoo news. cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com... Seems as if these shipping companies may start utilizing Blackwater Security to fend off the pirates. I'm a little surprised this hasn't already happened. It sounds like a team of four could potentially ward off these attacks. People climbing up the sides of large ships would be fairly easy to pick off I would assume. What do you guys think? Good idea to hire private security?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
On a side note, does Al Qaeda actually hide out in Somalia? I have not heard about that yet. I wonder if someone is going to start saying pirates are supporting terrorism or something. YAY another thing to worry about!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Keep in mind that the savages have shoulder fired missiles.

If applied correctly they could take out a number of sensitive targets aboard any given ship.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
They say that Somalia is a lawless land and is a favorite place for "terrorists" to hang out. Hmmm...

The idea of Blackwater guarding ships seems to be a good one. Keep them out at sea away from normal civilians.

Originally posted by Atlantican
Keep in mind that the savages have shoulder fired missiles.

If applied correctly they could take out a number of sensitive targets aboard any given ship.

Not to mention the pirates have them too!

[edit on 21/11/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Totally agree! Give them something worthwhile to do! As long as they are actually killing bad guys I don't have a problem with it. Somalia a terrorist hotbed, never knew. Just wait, soon we'll be hearing the Canadian govt. is harboring terrorists and we will be forced to fight America's hat!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I say instead of Blackwater, people should apply for a letter of marque,

Blackwater shouldnt be allowed to guard anything more important than a landfill in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join