It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have PVST at age 24!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
So here's the deal, I was moving a couch (I work at a furniture store) Monday and I started feeling really weak and light headed, my heart was pounding and I felt like I was going to pass out, so the next day (my birthday) I went to the doc to see what was wrong, turns out I have PVST (Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia), basically, any time I exert myself my blood pressure and heart rate rises to an unsafe high. He prescribed a beta blocker, it doesn't do much really, seeing how it happened again today, took a lot more to make it happen again though. I have a lot of health problems including asthma, this one though, this PVST is a rather crippling one in my opinion. My health started going into a pretty fast downward spiral when Angela broke my heart, it was the final nail in the coffin for me, I don't love anyone anymore, I've been struggling with keeping down a job because of my poor health, this really sucks, the only good thing about all this is I have a great doctor, he actually cares about me and wants to help me, sometimes he doesn't even charge me and sometimes lowers the price of the visit and the nurse that always sees me is a real sweetheart.

I turned 24 and get heart problems, wish things were different, wish my life didn't suck so much.

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
hey buddy, keep your head up!

dont let life get you down!

a broken heart can take time to heal, but you have to move on, many of us have been thinking "ill never love anyone again" but this feeling will fade

and as far as your health problems, they should make you cherish every day of life more, even if its tough. you need to love everyone with everything youve got and live your life to the fullest.

dont spend it feeling sorry for yourself, work at making it better, get some fire going under yourself and work, even if it takes years, you will fulfill your dreams.

- from someone who has been there and probably way lower and is now back on top, if i can do it you can do it - good luck

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
sorry to hear that.

i know it is overused and kinda lame, but think of people that have it worse than you, maybe it wont seem so bad. hey it works for me.

i feel for ya friend.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by pureevil81]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Sorry to hear that. Beta blockers are certainly the drug of choice for PSVT but it may just be a matter of finding the best one for you. Also, you may want to ask for an anti-anxiety med (Xanax, et al). If you're stressing a lot that can trigger an episode.

I don't suppose your doctor talked to you about relaxation techniques or biofeedback or stress management? That's why I mentioned the Xanax. They're addictive so you may want to investigate the non-drug methods listed.

Do you have a family history of heart problems? You're awfully young to develop heart problems. May be time for some life-style changes? Hamburgers are not that hard to give up.

I could refer you to some useful reading material on the subject if you're interested. Educate yourself. I did, made some simple dietary changes and haven't had any episodes of VT since. I do still get occasional bouts of Atrial Fibrillation but I know what's causing that and I'm not willing to change it. I fight that one on a different front.

Main thing is to not stress out about it. Read up on PSVT and find out what your options are. Best of luck.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
its not medical my freind you have a broken heart .try and love yourself and every1 else youll feel better in no time.if your scientifically minded youll be offended by that im sorry if you are.do a search on kundalini and chakras.love yourself!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by capstan

Well capstan, I'm not offended I do believe that it is partly driven by my emotional damage, but sadly, I've done everything I can do to change that, nothing has worked, I just can't love anymore and I feel a lot of pain inside, like my very soul has been ripped apart, I think the pain I feel though is a sign that somewhere deep inside there is some part of me that loves, but it's buried under the terrible memories of the past.

I suppose spiritually there's hope, but it's bleak, my meds have been working pretty well here lately.

whitewave, any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ya know what, I just had a great idea/thought, I'm a spiritual man, so I was thinking, what if my health problems are something good?

You ask how that could be, the answer...

A draft may soon be called and if so I would not be able to qualify.

You see war and killing goes against my beliefs, so I would not be allowed into the military even if I wanted to go, so maybe this is god keeping me out of something I detest and would never survive in?

Maybe this is a good thing, but at the same time it's a bad thing, eh, who knows.

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

I was diagnosed with SVT (Superventricular Tachycardia) at 21, so I know how it is. It's not fun at all. When I forget to take my meds, which is frequently, I can do nothing more than be sitting on the couch and have my heart rate skyrocket. Ended up in the ER before being diagnosed only to be misdiagnosed with an anxiety attack before going to my regular doctor a few days later when it happened again. My regular doctor actually took the time to put me on a halter monitor for a few days to see what my heart was doing. After a few med changes, I finally have one that works for me when I remember to take it. So you may need to ask your doctor about switching medicines if the one you are on isn't working for you. There are many beta blockers out there, you may have just gotten the one type that doesn't work for you.

Feel free to shoot me a U2U if you ever need to talk about it, since I definitely understand how it is to not be able to do hardly anything without feeling like you might just have a heart attack.

new topics

top topics

join