It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Orders Five Detainees Freed From Guantánamo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Judge Orders Five Detainees Freed From Guantánamo

www.nytimes.com

In the first hearing on the government’s justification for holding detainees at the Guantánamo Bay detention camp, a federal judge ruled Thursday that five Algerian men were held unlawfully for nearly seven years and ordered their release.

The judge, Richard J. Leon of Federal District Court in Washington, also ruled that a sixth Algerian man was being lawfully detained because he had provided support to the terrorist group Al Qaeda.

The case was an important test of the Bush administration’s detention policies, which critics have long argued swept up innocent men and low-level foot soldiers along with high-level and hardened terrorists.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
And now, will there ever be anything these men, whose lives have been utterly destroyed and will probably now BECOME terrorists because of their treatment, they can do to Bush and this regime? Any lawsuits? You see, the majority of people that were picked up were because someone said that someone said that someone said thus they end up 5 thousand miles from home getting tortured and treated like pigs.

This, above anything else, is why there can be NO TORTURE! Don't you 'torture for national security' people think that these men deserve to be free? Do you truly believe that they deserved to be 'waterboarded' if they were? Or any other form of non-torture torture that we used on them?

This administration has corruption written all over it and they will most likley get away Scott free. It makes me sick to my stomach.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I already posted this one HERE

new topics

join