It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 things you feel congress should address

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
We the people.... that says it all.
Working middle class America holds all the power to make changes. Unfortunately, we are not unified due to political, cultural, and petty differences. I would love to see all working Americans come together as one union and make changes that Americans need, not just what congress wants.
What do you want? Can you name 10 things that you feel should be addressed by congress? Once I have enough input, I will put forth a proposal to all my fellow working Americans that could change everything, and bring the power back to the people. Thank you for your help!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
1. The economy
2. The economy
3. The economy
4. The economy
5. The economy
6. The economy
7. The economy
8. The economy
9. The economy
10. The economy

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Thanks for your reply.
I agree, but you as a worker, what are some specific things i.e. salary, insurance, etc.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think congress should repeal every law ever made not directly mandated by the Constitution. They should abolish the IRS. They should make just about all oher taxes illegal as well. They should make laws to keep judges from legislating from the bench. They should make laws regarding the industrial-military complex, to keep the banks, corporations, and military from having too much power (oops, too late!). Then they should fire their entire staff except for a few secretaries and go get a day job (actually working for a living), as all public servants should.

[edit: darn typo's!]

[edit on 20-11-2008 by OuttaHere]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Most people are too busy drinking beer and getting fat. There's your unity.

two lines.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
1. Pass a comprehensive, national health plan that limits what doctors and hospitals can charge, including the building of 50 new medical schools, and tuition plans for anyone with a 3.5 GPA that wants to be a doctor or a nurse.

2. Withdraw all armed forces from all cities in Iraq, but stay in the country side with permanent and highly fortified military bases, away from the general population, and inaccessible except via air. Disengage and fortify our position.

3. Nationalize all nuclear energy plants, build 100 new nuclear power plants, tap geothermal energy plant in Yellowstone National Park. And also drill in ANWER, but use the oil strictly to increase our strategic oil reserves.

4. Nationalize at least one of the USA automotive industries (probably Chrysler) and begin production of a cheap and reliable electric car.

5. Establish diplomatic relations with Cuba and Iran. Build a user-friendly fence along our Mexican and Canadian borders.

6. Require teachers to pass certification tests, and increase their salaries and retirement plans as compensation.

7. Pass an inheritance tax so that the most you can leave a single individual in your will is $10 million dollars, or equivalent.

8. Increase the taxes on any income over $500 per year at a 50% rate.

9. Find and prosecute the people responsible for this economic mess, and fine them an amount equivalent to any and all compensations they received at the expense of shareholders and investors.

10. Disclose all secret government information, and prosecute people who have abused their power to classify this information. Make exceptions rare, and temporary. The government should not be routinely keeping secrets for any significant duration of time.

top topics

join