It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time: how past and future interact

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I have thought about how one could actually change the past and in turn would also change the present and future. Its sort of like the movie The Butterfly Effect.

Time outside of human measurement, to me, is simply motion. Without time can anything actually move? It is fact for me atleast that each of us has the ability to manipulate the motion of time in the present. We can slow time down through adrenaline or speed it up through means I am not aware of, but have experienced. Anyone who has taken any sort of hallucinogen will be quite aware of this. Time can be manipulated and we do it everyday.

I think that the past is connected to the future and perhaps each can be manipulated. Great prophets and the like claim that they can see into the future, to me this is time travel, but they say that whatever they do see can be manipulated and even avoided. Whatever they predict is not destined to become, but is most likely to occur based on the present. So maybe things are acting in our past as well as our future which is effecting the courses we take in the present. Or maybe the courses we take in the present effect both our past and future.

I dont remember what happened 15 years ago in my life and I doubt anyone else does either. Perhaps this is some sort of void inwhich anything could really replace which would infact effect the present and future even if trivial.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer
I dont remember what happened 15 years ago in my life and I doubt anyone else does either. Perhaps this is some sort of void inwhich anything could really replace which would infact effect the present and future even if trivial.

I like that idea. In my model events that already exist can't be changed, only new events are added to the timeline... but maybe already-existing events can be remembered differently. If each event is an abstract archetype then it could have a potentially infinite number of interpretations.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ctjctjctj

But how do you explain those lab experiments with retrocausality, where they actually sent photons "back in time? (I don't understand them myself, so don't ask me.
)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
To clarify, "infinity" doesn't only mean 'infinitely large', it also means 'infinitely small'.

[edit on 12/6/2008 by Kruel]

Yea! I was guilty about forgetting this little fact and when I was "reminded" it blew me away. It's so incredibly simple yet so profound.

If people keep this in mind, things start to make a whole heck of a lot more sense.

Nassim Haramein plotted the sizes of well know objects that are get infinitely small/large. Example: ...etc, etc, Proton, Atom, Nucleus, cell, Organ, body, planet, sun, galaxy, solar system, etc, etc...(hope you understand now why I put etc, etc before the list also).

Anyhoo, when he plotted these various objects on a graph guess what object was smack dab in the middle....the human body!!! That's so amazing.

Humans are the barrier between the infinitely small and the infinitely large. Gives me chills right now just thinking about it.

There's so many things that can be said about how we perceive time. I'm amazed you found a place to start from!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join