It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive 'Homeland Defense' Exercise Is Under Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
www.alternet.org...

"This week and into next, NorthCom and NORAD are conducting a joint exercise called “Vigilant Shield ’09. The focus will be on “homeland defense and civil support,” a NorthCom press release states. From November 12-18, it will be testing a “synchronized response of federal, state, local and international partners in preparation for homeland defense, homeland security, and civil support missions in the United States and abroad.”

"Vigilant Shield ’09 “will include scenarios to achieve exercise objectives within the maritime, aerospace, ballistic missile defense, cyber, consequence management, strategic communications, and counter terrorism domains,” the press release states. NorthCom’s press release also says that other participants in the exercise include the U.S. Strategic Command’s “Global Lightning 09,” which is a plan to use nuclear weapons in a surprise attack."

This is some terrifying stuff.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You might want to check out this article then:

False Flag Prospects 2008 - Top 3 US cities.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My thoughts.

Attacks that mock a government sponsored exercise is a case of bad OPSEC (operational security). In other words, those who are involved with the exercise are not taking the proper precausions of keeping the exercise on the "down low", so that any terrorist organization present in the location (who Im assuming has contacts and leads, as any organization would who was planning large scale attacks) would pick up on it and take great effort into using the details of the exercise to plan the execution of the attack. That solves one huge obsticle, which is the stealth of the execution. If it looks like an exercise to the policing and defense officials, they will be quick to over look it and dismiss it as "exercise related".

I dont see this as a government conspiracy, but more as an example of the strategic and tactical knowledge of the terrorists and organizations carrying out the attacks.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thank you for the post. I was at NORTHCOMM in 2004 and had the opportunity to preview the GPS software that at the time was in final development stages.

Heres the run down.

The mission statement for lack of a better term and I quote. "Emergency Preparations in the Event of a dirty Bomb."

Here is the run down of the GPS software and how it works.

They have been in the process of tagging every police car, ambulance, fire-truck and military vehicle in presumably major metropolitan areas nation wide. Not only does this software provide GPS logistics for vehicles it also tracks the weather and as explained in the conference can determine weather, wind and other weather related phenomenon to keep track of (and I quote again "Safe Places in the event of a Dirty Bomb"

I don't want to frighten anyone but you should all be aware of this scenario that they have been getting ready for for many years.

If this does indeed happen and you are in the city I suggest you leave immediately as the city will become quarantined and martial law will become a reality. A quarantine pretty much makes any one fair game.

I would suggest retreating to higher ground if available or if not smaller communities and far away places should provide a safer atmosphere.

It should also be noted that if this happens, the people running the operations will be located at the underground NORTHCOMM/NORAD facilities until this thing blows over. So if you are a police officer or paramedic or anything else associated above make sure you are asking your commanders for logistics over the radio as they are available and if they are not providing you logistical information you should seriously begin considering your role in this scenario.

top topics

join