It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vibrating eyes during OBE process... means what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
A while ago, I was trying to perform an Out of Body Experience with a piece of kyanite crystal on my forehead. I think I was getting pretty close, as I started having clearer visualizations of seeing myself rise above my body. Then whole thing stopped abruptly when my eyes started vibrating. I am being totally honest and serious here and have no idea what this means or what implications it had. All I know is that the process terminated on a subconscious level a second into the vibration of my eyes. I didn't even make a conscious decision to stop the process. It was like I was shocked all of a sudden and was caught off guard. I don't even know how I could perform such a muscular operation right now, let alone involuntarily back then! Could someone please offer any information on the matter, most specifically, why my eyes vibrated and what that could mean?

FYI: I have tried the search function, both here and on WWW search engines and have had no luck on educating myself on the matter.
Thank you for your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
are you talking about Rapid Eye Movement? I've heard cases of people that have OBE's with severe REM. I don't have a solution for you, but you might want to consider the fact that your sub conscious might not want you to have an OBE. so in other words, restriction.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
no it absolutely was not REM. my eyes were vibrating, but the actual pupils themselves were not moving from side to side.

I thought about that, as well. It did seem like I tripped some kind of "access denied" wire or something like that. That was the emotion I felt moments after the experience.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Could be your third eye being too active. I can't confirm it, but I've read somewhere that if the third eye (or the other energy centers) are too active or energized, you won't able to have an OOBE. Try doing it without that crystal on your forehead.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is healing energy, very powerful..I get this now and then, shakes me around somewhat, but I love getting it..You are in a good meditative state when you receive it...It's a gift..absorb it ...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
while your out, whos in?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I heard that you are supposed to feel a vibration inside you when you start the "split", I guess it could make your eyes vibrate too. It is supposed to be some sort of energy flow or something.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
AlnilamOmega,

Maybe you're using the wrong stone for the moment. Sometimes using a "less exotic" kind could prove to be more useful. I can't recall at the moment which one I used at one time but choosing one with the specific characteristic of removing obstructions to your path and have a beneficial electromagnetic resonance with the body could help. It's the best way I can explain how it helped me.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, AlnilamOmega, have you tried not using a stone? I've never found it necessary.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yea, when i OBE, i use nothing but pure technique!!! lol

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I can tell you exactly what it is, because I have had this occur many times to me while projecting or OBE consciously.

This state you experienced is part of a conscious out of body, putting names to everything in my opinion is limiting but call it "The Shakes".

The Shakes are your higher self separating from you physical body, I don't exactly know why it happens, but my theory is fear, excitement, or apprehension weighing you down. The desire to project is not enough, you must allow your emotional baggage to free, then this state called "The Shakes" will no longer bother you.

You must be in a very confident, loving, and positive state to have a smooth ride.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
c'mon...seriously?
it was REM and you were dreaming...that is what remote viewing is, you are asleep and dreaming.

did you think you were actually traveling through time and space???

you remote viewers crack me up, I did a thread a couple years ago that proved you'all were fake.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I can make my eyes "vibrate" rapidly left and right at will, to the point where to anyone else my pupil looks like a horizontally elongated blur. It gets tiring though and I can only do it a few times in a row. Are you sure it wasn't just rapid eye movement of some kind?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AlnilamOmega

I am experiencing somewhat of the same thing as you are when trying to get a OBE. I kind of get a no, not now thing myself. So, after Ive tried for about 20-30 times I just stopped doing it. Im thinking that Im not really ready for it.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Close you eyes and keep them closed. Not forced, but relaxed. Cross your eyes and look up. As if you look to your third eye. But keep your eye lids closed.
It will help reduce the movement and make detachment easier.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Lay off the M D M A... LOL j/k! Who knows...I know it's not a normal symptom of OBEs.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It means that you have not learned to quiet your mind yet. When the mind is 'thinking' 'you' are in the way and anything that happens would be fantasy or illusion rather than a true OBE.

OBE is not part of the mental state.

new topics

top topics

join