It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amy Poehler has left SNL

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

She is scheduled to do the first three episodes. After that, it is not known if there will be another anchor or if Seth Meyers will do it alone.

I did not catch the premiere, but have not watched much of NBC as they seem to ruin everything they touch.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yeah, I caught the Weekend Update on Thursday and it was great to see Amy on it. Hopefully she'll commit to the one skit each week. Amy was hands down the strongest cast member in recent years (IMO) and her placement on the weekend update would be a huge boost to the show. Kristen Wiig could possibly be a replacement because I think she has great timing like Seth & Amy, but I really think we'd need to see her in the role before one could really say.

Meghan Fox hosting the opening doesn't really excite me.

I wish SNL would stop going for "names" and really get people that are going to work well. Michael Phelps last year coming off of his Olympic performance was pegged to host the season premiere and he was terrible. On top of that, they went and ruined a classic skit from Peyton Manning's episode. Part of me thinks Fox is going to crash and burn as well.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

edit: Wouldn't it be hilarious if they convinced Kanye to have a quick cameo to poke fun at the MTV Awards incident? If he were to interrupt Meghan Fox's opening monologue with a claim that someone else was the best of all time. I think that would be classic!

[edit on 9-19-2009 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I met Amy Poehler in this movie. Shot in Albuquerque. I was an extra.
Terrible movie!!! but she was very nice.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

They should bring back Jane Curtain and Dan Aykroyd as anchors in the half hour version. I really do not like Seth Meyers as he is quite smug but not funny at all.

<< 1   >>

join