It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conservative for Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Barack Obama is the new President-Elect of the United States, like it or not. I disagree with him on most issues, so I did not vote for him. However, I want to take this opportunity to say that I hope Mr. Obama turns out to be the best President that the United States has seen since the Founding Fathers.

I hope that his lack of experience gives him optimism and vision where a more seasoned politician would be jaded. I hope he takes it upon himself to pay down the national debt rather than increase it, without impeding economic recovery by taxing businesses and people into oblivion. I hope his willingness to talk with leaders of 'rogue' nations yields positive results rather than a need for further defense spending. I hope he gives his voters a reason to be proud, and gives the rest of us a good reason to vote for him in 2012.

He hasn't done anything yet, so what say we all give him a chance? He'll be our leader, so why not get behind him and show him support even if you didn't vote for him? I think we can find it within ourselves to at least give him the benefit of the doubt for now. After all, democracy means that we have to live with the choices of our countrymen even if their choices differ from ours.

I only want what's best for the USA. Though I didn't vote for him, I hope he makes me wish that I did. I would never be so happy to have been proven wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it." -- Edward R. Murrow

I strongly disagree with Barack Hussein Obama's policies. I believe they fly in the face of everything the United States of America stands for, and I will never support him because of said stated beliefs.

I could never support someone who would support the mass murder of innocent unborn children.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I thought about making a thread like this too. Despite being at odds with leftist policies, Im enthusiastic about the person Obama and the success he represents.

People say its only about policies and politics but its not. Youth, good-looks, energy, and a skin colour more in sync with change can and will go a long way.

It gets tiresome to be ruled by overweight, white-haired, white-skinned, unsmiling men for hundreds of years.

And yes: "We support our president", no matter what party he's from.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Skyfloating]

new topics

join