It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recession Shopping

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I wonder what the money we squirreled away will be worth, if anything? I usually spend any extra money on stocking up necessities. I'd rather have food instead of a $5 bill that is worth two cents, and if there is no power or cable or satellite, the big screen isn't going to do much good.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

I have to agree with you. If you got extra money, now is a good time to purchase a little extra food and/or other necessities.

It's only after you've got all your bases covered that you should consider any large ticket items.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Other than for my son we are not going to be doing any big spending this year. and even for him we are doing things like a good quality new bike and a BB gun, things that will last and be useful in the future.

what little extra we have is going to buy extras of things such as good quality dog food, more food to keep in storage and propane tanks for our portable stove and heaters.

We may consider adding a fireplace to our house come tax return time, it is something I feel like we really should have!!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Due to an sudden influx of contract work my wife and I do, we just upgrade a couple of computers to the tune of $3000. (Intrest free). Usually we manage to pay this kind of stuff off in 2 to 3 months.
My wife wants to buy me a 12 string guitar for Christmas, and I am tempted to let her. I've wanted one for years, and it would pretty much complete my collecdtion.
I feel a little guilty though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join