It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How true is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
THIS ARTICLE CAN BE POSTED ON OTHER WEBSITES

www.retakeyourfame.blogspot.com...

The true face of Hannibal. This well-preserved coin, circa 208-207 BC, and dated by some at 217 BC., was found in the Chiana (Clanis) valley. This coin was in circulation in the vicinity of Lake Trasimeno and in the Chiana Valley.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The coin looks ridiculous... Hell if anything it look like an old comic for the 40's or something, lol.

It could be true of course and wouldnt be all that shocking. Carthage was in Africa, in case anyone missed in. But they where originally from Pheonicia, so I would guess they had more of a middle eastern appearance... Hannibal in particular though... Wasnt he from what is now Spain or something?

[edit on 14-11-2008 by merka]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Afrocentric garbage. A 'historian' with his own axe to grind peddling his poorly researched wares to uneducated individuals who refuse to let fact get in the way of their assertions of racial superiority.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
yeappers, if one wants to get technical we are all Africans...originally or if you want to get even more technical. The 'continents' of Africa, Europe and Asia are all one large continent, which by default would be called after the larger segment. So.....we're really all Asians.

Rather silly stuff

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
There are far more coins where Hannibal looks like this... clearly Greek:
www.dkimages.com...

Just google on images for "hannibal".

I don't know the provenance of the other coin. It looks old, but I'm not much of a numismatist. I would say that it is probably 1500-2200 years old, but that's as far as I'm prepared to go with it right now.

top topics

join