It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd of 1 million could attend Obama inauguration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Crowd of 1 million could attend Obama inauguration

start.verizon.net

President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration is expected to draw 1 million-plus to the capital, and already some lawmakers have stopped taking ticket requests and hotels have booked up.

Some people are bartering on Craigslist for places to stay for the Jan. 20 ceremony when the Illinois senator takes the oath of office. They are offering cash or even help with dishes for residents willing to open up their homes.

The National Park Service, which is planning for an inaugural crowd of at least 1 million, will clear more viewing space along the Pennsylvania Avenue parade route. Jumbo TV screens will line the National Mall so people can watch the inauguration and parade, park service spokesman David Barna said Thursday.

The District of Columbia's delegate, Eleanor Holmes Norton, is urging planners to use arenas and stadiums to help with overflow crowds wanting to view the ceremonies on big-screen TVs. She is also urging churches to hold viewing parties.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
OK..First and foremost..No bashing or assination bets or posts on how much you hate the guy but your contribution is really welcomed. Im posting this because this could be the day when AQ may decide to strike. Odds are that they wont.Simply because in my opinion thats exactly what they think we will be expecting but perhaps somebody else may try to see that President elect Obama doesnt make it into the hot seat. I understand that you cannot cancel this type of event and I hope and prey no more innocent people are killed and there is not another attack on american soil. What do you guys think?

start.verizon.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Well, first off, if the local residents can make any cash off this fiasco, then good for them...

It will be a major media event so anything can happen, but I think AQ actually preferred him to mccain, so for all we know they will be there blowing up balloons instead of buildings...

grmmra eidt!

[edit on 11/14/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29
Well, first off, if the local residents can make any cash off this fiasco, then good for them...

It will be a major media event so anything can happen, but I think AQ actually preferred him to mccain, so for all we know they will be there blowing up balloons instead of buildings...

grmmra eidt!

[edit on 11/14/2008 by chapter29]

Blowing up balloons instead of buildings..I do think you have hit the nail on the head sir..It almost promotes the old saying"Cant we all just get along"

[edit on 14-11-2008 by cmd18B]

new topics

top topics

join