It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Dictatorship Under Obama!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wow.... I could not believe what I was reading.....

United Dictatorship Under Obama !

Perhaps there are SOME out there who are beginning to get 'the picture'. The following is a narrative taken from Sunday Morning's televised "Meet The Press'. and the author is employed by none other than the Washington Post!! Yeah......the Washington Post of New York and Los Angeles Times fame!! Must say that I'm dually impressed..................

From Sunday's Televised "Meet the Press" Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag. Obama Explains the National Anthem Stance

Sun, 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, General Bill Ginn' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General also stated to the Senator that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171... During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. At the very least, "Stand and Face It"

Senator Obama Live on Sunday states, "As I've said before about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides, Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it." We should consider to reinvent our National Anthem as well as to redesign our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we as a Nation of warring people, should conduct ourselves as the nations of Islam, whereas peace prevails perhaps a state or period of mutual concord would exist between our governments. When I become President, I will seek a pact or agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation have placed upon the nations of Islam an unfair injustice. My wife disrespects the Flag for many personal reasons. Together she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past, many years ago. Sh e has her views and I have mine. Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put aside my hatred. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path of hope. My wife and I look forward to becoming our country's First Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhel m the United States of America."

WHAAAAAAAT the Hell !!!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you heard it right. This is our next President.

I, for one, am speechless.

Dale Lindsborg ,

Washington Post

I got this in a e-mail from my brother, all he said was..... and the S**tball gets bigger......

This for real??

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
According to these, it's not real:
urbanlegends.about.com...
wiki.answers.com...
www.timrosenblatt.com...
Do you really think that if Obama did attend flag burnings that he would admit it?
There's no need to spread lies about Obama. The election is over. Why are people still making up crap?

edit - added 2 more links
edit - I see now that this was before the election.
yet another edit - The last page has a link to the transcript from Obama's last appearance on the show. Here it is:
www.msnbc.msn.com...
(I didn't read it, but I did a search for the word "burn" and came up empty-handed.)

[edit on 11/13/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well...he's not the first person to suggest we do something about the National Anthem. It is widely regarded around the world as a horrible song. As President, he should obviously stand and face the flag with hand over heart. I assure you that the first time he doesn't do that after taking the oath, he WILL hear about it.

As for the flag pin...it's a flag pin. Obama is a big boy. He can dress himself. If he doesn't want to wear it, that's fine with me. I prefer that over somebody who would just pay lip service and wear it, all the while pretending to care when in reality he really didn't.

He is also correct in saying that in many parts of the world the American flag is a symbol of oppression. In many parts of America the American flag is symbol of oppression.

But what's this have to do with a united dictatorship?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

He would NEVER be that overt, yet!
No need to make stuff up, like these people did.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have been staying away just because of such things as these.

For Petes sakes, the man isnt even president yet.

Lets have a BREAK!!!!!

I never!.....

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If he said this, meant it, and is willing to stick by it, this would be a leader I would support. Ideologically, this particular view on peace and communication is exactly what is needed in modern times. I could also care less about pins or hand gestures when a song is being played.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
i stopped standing and saluting 30 years ago after studying american
foriegn policy. dude, take some time and allow truth to enter.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I got that e-mail, with the title as "Our National Anthem- This is Unbelievable!!" To which I responded to all with:

Yes, it certainly is unbelievable. Which is why it shouldn't be believed. Because it is simply not true. A quick Google search of "Dale Lindsborg Obama" will tell you that no one named Dale Lindsborg writes for the Washington post. That article never appeared, and Obama was not on Meet the Press Sept. 7th. You can see who was on by clicking here www.msnbc.msn.com... and scrolling to the bottom.

The veracity of the whole account in this e-mail can be found here at PolitiFact www.politifact.com...

Snopes is also a good source for most of these e-mails, which most of the time are half-truths or outright lies.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hmm...... well........ that is what his church full of mentors preached to/with him for twenty some years.

Hmm.....

edit to add: Oh..... it's also what his own actions showed.

edit again to add another: Hmm..... indeed

[edit on 11/13/2008 by dreams n chains]

[edit on 11/13/2008 by dreams n chains]

top topics

join