It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ezekiel Saw Four Aliens and Their Ships

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I've been discussing the presence of aliens throughout the Bible with my die-hard Christian family members recently and I came across the most profound account of aliens in the "holy" text. Besides the theories (and my opinion) that the gods mentioned in Genesis are actually aliens posing as God, the real proof comes later, in the book of Ezekiel.

Ezekiel Chapter 1:4-8 (King James Version)

4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

7 And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.

8 And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.

Ezekiel Chapter 1:15-21 (King James Version)

15 Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

16 The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

17 When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went.

18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.

19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.

20 Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

21 When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

Ezekiel Chapter 1:4-8 (New International Version)

4 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal,

5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was that of a man,

6 but each of them had four faces and four wings.

7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze.

8 Under their wings on their four sides they had the hands of a man. All four of them had faces and wings,

Ezekiel Chapter 1:15-21 (New International Version)

15 As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces.

16 This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like chrysolite, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel.

17 As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not turn about as the creatures went.

18 Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.

19 When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose.

20 Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

21 When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

This is undeniably a description of four aliens and their ships. However, the only problem I am having with these texts are Ezekiel's description of the aliens' four faces and four wings. Later on in Chapter 1 he describes the sights and sounds of their wings, but no more mention of the four faces.

Any thoughts on those descriptions?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yes, as having read and studied this all in the ORIGINAL text, in old Hebrew, the traditional meaning of this is a prophetic experience, given to Ezekiel as a system of elevating the soul to higher regions of conciousness, where strange and wonderful creatures reside. Only the most adept practice in this system. Oh, and sure, they could be aliens, why not?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It sounds vaguely like a UFO sighting. But I imagine Ezekial was just hallucinating from sitting around eating dung cakes all the day and yelling gibberish at people.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by 420prajna]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

you can see illustrations of this at 2:22 - 2:30

and at 3:17

Very interesting stuff in the Book of Ezekiel.

I've read Chapter One myself.

(and why is it that Christians can't believe in aliens? Who came up with that rule?)

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Doomsday 2029]

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
These beings are identified as cherubim in chapter 10 and cherubim are most definitely not aliens.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

Since there are more experiences with Aliens than Angels these days I would think that would be the case also during Ezekiels time. History is full of sightings and contact.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Whos is to say that the Angels and demons that we perceive are not some type of aliens.

I'm Christian but am open minded to take everything into consideration. You mean to tell me that people will actually believe that angels are floating around with white fluffy wings and the minions and demons are lurking in the darkeness with horns and reptile like skin, but the notion that they could be aliens is far fetched.

I would have to say this is a very close minded perspective of some who will never find the truth.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm not saying I don't think there is other life out there, but you are completely missing the symbolism of which the Bible is full of. Cherubim's are agents of divine judgment and it is these divine beings that sit atop the Ark of the Covenant which protects it's contents with it's wings.

As for the four beings with the four heads, each had the face of a lion (the greatest of the wild animals), the face of an ox (the greatest of domestic animals), the face of an eagle (the greatest of the birds) and the face of a human representing the pinnacle of creation. Four is a number of completeness and these four living beings with four heads and four wings sum up the created order. This type of symbolism is used in other parts of the Bible as well.

In 1:15, he describes four wheels touching the ground beside them, one wheel belonging to each. Each of the cherubim's wings touched anothers which means they weren't separate. Sounds more like a divine chariot to me. Chariots were among the most feared weapons in ancient times. He goes on to say that the rims of the wheels were TALL (not wide) and frightening and covered with eyes meaning no one could escape the wrath of this chariot of God.

In 1:19-21, it shows that the whole assembly moved as one. The wheels did not move seperately, but together with the living beings which were connected by their wings touching.

Cherubim come up many times in the Bible and always as a divine presence. The four heads are also symbolic more than once in the Bible.

I believe there is other life out there somewhere, but this is a reach is all.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
I'm not saying I don't think there is other life out there, but you are completely missing the symbolism of which the Bible is full of. Cherubim's are agents of divine judgment and it is these divine beings that sit atop the Ark of the Covenant which protects it's contents with it's wings.

I'm not sure how accurate that statement is I mean that's not the only Ark around and Cherubs are not the only thing with wings protecting it

[edit on 13-11-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
These beings are identified as cherubim in chapter 10 and cherubim are most definitely not aliens.

Could you please post the verse/s in Chapter 10 you are referring to.

He goes on to say that the rims of the wheels were TALL (not wide) and frightening and covered with eyes meaning no one could escape the wrath of this chariot of God.

Eyes could also be Ezekiel's best description of lights, IMO.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Is it possible that a couple of ancient hebrews saw aliens and their ships and decided they had been sent by the creator and gave them the lable of angels?

There is an underlying agenda to the works within the bible.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Niobis

I am amused by how you left out verse six, to make it look more like a UFO, and less like a religious version. The same with omitting verses 10-14.

The imagery is obviously traditional hebrew iconography, showing God as the master of the Universe.

The 'four holy living (eternal) creatures' appear throughout all the prophetic imagery of the Bible. They represent the four directions, and the four progressive levels of reality.

You left out the fact that each of these four holy living creatures has FOUR faces. Does that sound like the Betty and Barney hill sitings? Or gulf breeze sitings???

The four faces themselves represent 4 levels of reality:

bull - the constellation Taurus - earth - asiyah, physical reality

man - the constellation aquarius - water - yeztirah, the world of ideal forms

eagle - the constellation scorpio (in the hebrew zodiac) - air - beriah / creation

lion - the constellation leo - fire - atziluth - the divine nature

These four constellation also represent the four quarters of the zodiac, being equidistant, and thus the four seasons in ancient cosmology. The four creatures themselves exist in all four worlds at once, which is what gives them immortality. They are analogous to the four archangels of medieval Christian angelology.

See, the theological interpretation from Mishnah and Qabalah explains the imagery, whereas whole versus must be left out to stitch the "alien' verses together---in other words, it's only about aliens when you take it out of context.

You could also find alien imagery in Melville's Moby Dick, using the same process. No offense to the OP, but aliens only explains the text if you are ignorant of what Ezekiel is saying about the Divine nature.

all the best.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Yeah I like to leave those out also.

Good theory by the way thanks for your opinion.

Back to the OP

There are many ways to interpret those passages and not just the old testament but also text from around the world some older and some more recent.

Alexanders army was harassed by a " Flying Shield' and there was even a Pharaoh who had seen one through out history there are many encounters with being either angelic, Dimensional, Spiritual or simply little Grey guys from Alpha centuri

[edit on 13-11-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

I left out verses 9-14 not to make the texts appear something they are not, but rather to make the post shorter in length and easier to read. I assumed anyone interested could find these on their own, since the Bible is the most widely printed book on earth.

As for the omission of verse 6 under King James Version, that was not intentional. My apologies for the mistake. However, verse 6 is still included under New International Version.

I did not leave out the fact that each of the four creatures had four faces. Take a look back and see that is basically the whole point of my post. I said, and I quote:

However, the only problem I am having with these texts are Ezekiel's description of the aliens' four faces and four wings.

I do like your idea about them being a representation of the Zodiac, and I appreciate the opinion. I'm interested how you learned or came to that conclusion. I would also like to hear your opinion on the wings and the "wheels".

What did Ezekiel mean when he said, "for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels"?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This "Chariots of the Gods" notion is really getting quite old, and the fact of the matter is that interpreting ancient texts jammed full of arcane symbolism, written by crazy mystics, is problematic, at best. Hallucinations can be intriguing. But since there's absolutely no way to verify what this mystic saw short of traveling back in time to be there on the spot. It's a dead issue.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here is an artists interpretation of what it may have looked like

I have seen a similar one in colour but I couldn't find it. I can't really see it on the b/w picture but I think the four faces were ment to be lights on each side of the landing gear.

Edit: Image was to big.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Steve B]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think the bible is a crock, but it holds a lot of interesting stories, Ezekiel is my favorite. I think there is a connection to something from beyond this planet and the bible, perhaps that being is “alien”, but I honestly do not see the connection with Ezekiel and this theory.

Edit: Just wanted to say that Ezekiel seemed like a poetic person, he explained things in ways we may misinterpret as pertaining to space craft or aliens.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
First, niobis, my apologies.

I have read a number of threads where someone claims that Ezekiel is purely a UFO sighting and nothing else. I saw some of your points, and jumped to a conclusion without reading what you did write. Again, my oops.

Originally posted by Niobis

I do like your idea about them being a representation of the Zodiac, and I appreciate the opinion. I'm interested how you learned or came to that conclusion.

Gershom Scholem Mentions it in Major Trends in Jewish Mysticism. Until the 1990's, Scholem represented the only text-critical, exoteric scholarship on Qabalah by a genuine Kabalistic scholar.

Moses Maimonides describes the levels of being in Guide to the Perplexed. It also appears in the Or Ha Bahir and the Sefer Yetzirah specifically and in detail.

Much Jewish mystical writing is focused on exactly this topic, the "Maasey Merkabah," the "components of the chariot."

I would also like to hear your opinion on the wings and the "wheels".

This is one of the few theophanies (appearances of God/angelic beings) in the Bible where heavenly beings actually are spoken of as winged. It is instructional to compare these beings (4 wings), with the ones in Isaiah 6, where the angels have six wings...... suffice it to say that the 4 wings here can be said to indicate that they have an inherent four-fold nature, and that they can move effortlessly and almost intantaneously, like a bird, between the four levels of existence.

What did Ezekiel mean when he said, "for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels"?

That the consciousness or power of the beings emanated from the "auphanim". Wheels is only one interpretation of that word. You can learn a lot about various theories by googling it.

all the best.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Enough with the aliens and UFO's. There are no aliens from other planets. UFO's are either illusions, or man made craft. There are angels, fallen angles, demons, good people, bad people, and our God.
Deal with it, and stop looking for life that isn't there. It's us, the devil, his followers, God, and his followers. Good and evil, with many lukewarm, who will have to choose a side at some point. For many, that will be too late.
Thank goodness this won't be going on for too much longer.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Could you please post the verse/s in Chapter 10 you are referring to.

10:1 Then I looked, and behold, in the firmament that was above the head of the cherubims there appeared over them as it were a sapphire stone, as the appearance of the likeness of a throne.
And he spake unto the man clothed with linen and said, Go in between the wheels, even between the cherub, and fill thine hand with coals of fire from between the cherubims and scatter them all over the city. And he went in in my sight."

(skipping some to get to the important stuff. Read the rest if you wish, I'm not leaving anything out to prove my point.)

And there appeared in the cherubims the form of a man's hand under their wings.
And when I looked, behold the four wheels by the cherubims, one wheel by one cherub, and another wheel by another cherub: and the appearance of the wheels was as the colour of a beryl stone.
And as for their appearances, they four had one likeness, as if a wheel had been in the midst of a wheel.

The picture posted above has no wheels. Are you saying Ezekiel didn't know what a wheel looked like? It just seems like you're twisting it around so that it satisfies your opinion that it was an alien. My apologies if that isn't the case, but that is what it seems like. He wouldn't call it a cherubim if it was anything but that considering what a cherubim is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join