It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Apocalypse USA, Day 9

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

An Obama transition official said the president-elect was looking into "identifying someone in charge of the auto issue who would have the authority to bring about reforms that would lead to an economically viable auto industry."

Can't do much worse than present!!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The markets are up and down to correct them selves.... Were going to see spikes and drops like this untill all the over inflated sectors have done a market correction. When you live in a country where 90% of the taxable working people cant afford goods because they are over inflated then the market must adjust. And this means job losses and cut backs its the evil within evil to correct an over-all inflated market from housing to basic produce. I rolled a huge portion of my investments into "green" market investments. This is the next quantum leap in the market. You guys will see in the next 5 years the geen sector explode and I'm going cash in and I'll high five yall on the way out of the bank as yall are just going in.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
President Bush is about to speak.

I wonder how bad the DJIA will tank in the time it takes for him to finish his speech.

-150 pts.?

Bush began speaking at 1pm CST and the DJIA was +11.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by MOFreemason]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You do know that you have to use a lot of coal and oil to produce solar cells and wind turbines. I believe the carbon payback on solar is something like twenty years where as wind turbines is about five.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm trying to follow today's ups and downs. Suffice it to say, I'm reaching for the gravol as this ride is making me feel a tad seasick!

GM's struggling again, down about 25 at last look.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Velvet Death

True but in the last year there have been leaps and bounds in the development in solar panel technology.

Coating helps solar panels soak up more of the sun
New Solar Panels Produced at Less Than $1 Per Watt
80% Efficient Solar Panel?! Works at Night?!
Plus we're practically the Saudia Arabia of Coal, it's just the oil we have to worry about.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
I rolled a huge portion of my investments into "green" market investments. This is the next quantum leap in the market. You guys will see in the next 5 years the geen sector explode and I'm going cash in and I'll high five yall on the way out of the bank as yall are just going in.

Good luck with that. I hope you make some money. Are you young still, a long ways from retiring? I don't see a "green" bubble in 5 years; maybe 10 or 12? I mean, as it stands we're at about $1T/year to just pay the interest on our national debt, so incentives to expand in green technologies from the gov't just won't be there.

There's something about the 8200 level that the DJIA is fixated on. That looks like key support levels right there; if we close below 8200 we're going to be in for the mother of all rough rides. I can see a big bottom drop, then a huge come-to-Jesus spike afterwards, followed by more whipsawing like we saw in Oct if that happens.

Am I too late to play "Guess the Close?" I was at work earlier.

DJIA +72.63
S&P +8.41
NAS +5.33

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
BLOGS OF DAY 9

The China Bailout plan – Dumping the Dollar before it becomes worthless

The stimulus plan is a great idea from the Chinese side. I read between the lines that Chinese government officials are getting more and more concerned about their Dollar currency holdings. After multiple sources now openly discuss the default of the US on its debt, there is no doubt that governmental officials in China will be concerned about the country’s Dollar reserves.

www.berninger.de...

America the Illiterate

Today’s political rhetoric is designed to be comprehensible to a 10-year-old child or an adult with a sixth-grade reading level. It is fitted to this level of comprehension because most Americans speak, think and are entertained at this level. This is why serious film and theater and other serious artistic expression, as well as newspapers and books, are being pushed to the margins of American society. Voltaire was the most famous man of the 18th century. Today the most famous “person” is Mickey Mouse.

www.truthdig.com...

Who will finance America's deficit?

The United States government needs to borrow US$1 trillion a year, before a new stimulus package, or handouts for the auto industry, or healthcare reform, or a dozen other spending programs promised by the incoming administration of president-elect Barack Obama. Where will the Treasury find the money?

www.atimes.com...

America’s Economic Crisis Is Beyond The Reach of Traditional Solutions

By most accounts the US economy is in serious trouble. Robert Reich, an adviser to President-elect Obama, calls it a "mini-depression," and that designation might be optimistic. The Russian economist, Mikhail Khazin says that the "U.S. will soon face a second ‘Great Depression.’" It is possible that even Khazin is optimistic.

www.infowars.com...

Secret Plan For IMF World Dictatorship

Under this plan, the IMF would dictate the economic policies of all states. The IMF orthodoxy is austerity, sacrifice, deregulation, privatization, union busting, wage reductions, free trade, the race to the bottom, and prohibitions on advanced technologies. These policies would strangle humanity.

www.rense.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I predict earlier, in Tuesday this week here, that in Thursday afternoon we will see...

((( Boogieman )))

And it came. From -300 Free fall Dow has turned now to +135 !!!

Nothing have predicted this to happen, no news, no nothing... I could say that this is just full of BS, this game in Wall Street, but I would underestimate this situation if stamp it like that... There is still also real money in markets.

What is this ((( Boogieman ))) I dont know, but I am beginning to understand how it acts, and its quit predictable in its moves. But I think that this "fix" in markets will come down before today ends.

US cant afford to collapse, not now, when G20 is coming. "Start Lending" was todays order in Capitol for 5 top funders. They just obey the naster, and I think many company buy just their own stocks with huge amounts.

This "fix" is all loans, or taxpayers money, and they are making crimes over there right now, when they force situation to green levels. But US reputation is now on table, and US Elite needs their back up from Wall Street to weekends summit.

Tomorrow there will come another stimulus, maybe "Three Great" will gets it needed promise from aid... That will happen in morning, I think, and that will pull indicators to the green again, like its needed.

Numbers has to be green before tomorrows ending numbers. Lets see if I again can predict this ((( Boogieman ))) in the house... I make my todays bet to low minus, because I see that something will draw these indicators before the end of day. Thats needed for tomorrows big game.

I will continue to track for this un-natural mover of the markets.

EDIT:

This is surreal...

Thu 13 Nov 2008 | 14:55 EST
DJIA 8,527.10 +244.44

... No news how this suddenly happen!

[edit on 13-11-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Nothing have predicted this to happen, no news, no nothing... I could say that this is just full of BS, this game in Wall Street, but I would underestimate this situation if stamp it like that... There is still also real money in markets.

Failed bond auction, pair traders got caught long and had to make some stock buys to cover. The upticks brought some interest from buyers on the sidelines, increasing the ramp up.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Just checking from stock reports...

Energy sector, and Banks are rising. I dont see any reason in real market situation to this fast rising... In healthy trading situation, reactions comes from real reasons, here we see events happening without reasons, or against real life situation. Huge game we witness here anyway!

Historical moments.

EDIT:

Listening just now Alex Jones, he asked from analytic "whats happening there?" ... simple answer was " TOTAL MANIPULATION FOR WEEKEND SUMMIT! "

Thats just the same, what I keep saying here too!

EDIT 2:

Answer.

Senate to Banks: Start Lending Now!

Lawmakers urged the executives, all from banks who have received money from the $700 billion bailout, to start lending more to consumers and businesses.

www.foxbusiness.com...

- No matter how you use those loans, but use those loans in Wall Street!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
looks liek were going to go back down again! What is going on!!!! this is crazy.

im sticking with my prediction of 200ish down. haha its just a game of roulette...red or green(black)!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Across the Curve

The Treasury auctioned $10 billion Long Bonds and the result was a genuine debacle for the taxpayers. The issue (in the jargon of trading rooms) tailed 10 basis points. A tail is the number of basis points from where the issue was trading in the market moments prior to the auction to the level at which it actually cleared. The auction average was about 10 basis points cheaper than market levels.That is mucho dinero. One basis point on a Long Bond equals 5 ½ /32s. The nuns taught me quite well in grammar school and that means that 10 basis points equal 55/32s. Because I do not wish to work to hard I am going to proclaim the result 56/32s which is 1 ¾ points and an easier number to work with it. That means that for every million bonds auctioned the Treasury paid an extra $17,500.

Ten billion bonds is ten thousand million which when multiplied by $17,500 means the result cost the taxpayers $175,000,000.

When the above bond auction resulted in an extremely low turnout, the yields were able to be bidded up. That caught some traders with their pants down - they didn't want the yields to be that high. They had to then cover stocks they had shorted in tandem with the long bets on their bonds. That resulted in buy orders.

The timing was just right in that the auction results came out right around the same time that the S&P dropped below close and intraday lows, so it was cheap to buy. They bought, traders on the sidelines were motivated to buy, and the markets went up.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
CAN YOU GET THOSE DAMN NUMBERS UP?

- "I Promise."
Said George Soros.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

My Respect & Starred.

U.S. Posts Record $237B October Deficit

WASHINGTON--The United States kicked off its fiscal year with a record $237.18 billion budget deficit in October as financial bailout costs began to pile up, the U.S. Treasury said on Thursday.

www.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

And my teacher in my U.S. Government class stopped short of calling me crazy when I said our enemies the Chinese and Saudi Arabia would call those I.O.U.'s we gave them, and essentially pull out possibly along with japan.

The United States has always prospered he said, they'll lose money he said. We can't fail he said.
Look who's laughing now hahahahahahaha... wait... I didn't wanna be right

[edit on 13-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
With all the news and testimony that surfaced today, how in the heck can the DJIA rise this high?

I know I sound bitter and angered that the market is even rising, which I'm not...just angry that I can't actually read the market any more.

So odd.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Thats called market manipulation.

There is war going on.

Battle is on.

EDIT:

Another stimulus just pushed to markets...

Thu 13 Nov 2008 | 15:33 EST
DJIA 8,583.25 +300.59

+600 points in 1,5 hours!

This battle is expensive one... But, like I have keep saying, everything is on the table at weekend. So everything can happen...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Traders playing their trading games.

Retail earnings are out tomorrow. Enjoy today while we can.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Good call. Retail earnings are going to continue showing downward movement. Should be another dismal day.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join